Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 29th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
The Spellbook of Hypnotize

The Spellbook of Hypnotize

C3G SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 52
DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC?

Card PDF

Spell Bio -Hypnosis is a state of human consciousness, a trance-like state which results in focused attention, reduced peripheral awareness and heightened suggestibility. When an individual is hypnotised by an outside force, they can be highly open to information from the one who hypnotised them, even when in contradiction with actual stimuli. As such, hypnotism is a technique often employed by those who follow the magical arts in order to pacify their opponents - the unquestioned master, however, is Baron Mordo, who is also able to bend his unfortunate victim to his will.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Splash; August 1st, 2022 at 08:26 PM. Reason: png
Old April 29th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: The Spellbook of Hypnotize

NAME = HYPNOTIZE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE SPELL
POINTS = 25 POINTS

After revealing an Order Marker on this figure's Army Card and instead of attacking with this figure, you may cast this spell to choose a Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of this figure. If you do, remove 1 Order Marker at random from that figure's Army Card and that figure has the personality of Hypnotized for the remainder of the round.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by japes; July 25th, 2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old April 29th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Hard as ice

Art:
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 29th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Hard as ice

Here's the first Hypnotise test:

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Hypnotise

Army Test 1

Map: Conflict Chernobyl (no glyphs)
Armies:
Selene Gallio, Jubilee, Hypnotise (30) (460 points)
vs.
Batwoman, Batgirl (Barbara Gordon), Robin (Damien Wayne), Robin (Jason Todd) (460 points)
Spoiler Alert!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 30th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Hard as ice

- Theme Test - Pass, it feels like Hypnotism to me.
- Mirror Test - Tentative Pass - There is one Mirror issue, but it's unlikely to come up and with a character that's already being reevaluated. At present, if, somehow, two opposing teams have Doctor Strange, and they have both been Hypnotised, then neither of them are Wise and, therefore, they are both vulnerable to Sorcerer Supreme. That means that if they are close enough to each other, they will negate each other, but, in negating each other, they will negate the ability that allows them to negate each other, and the universe will collapse. It's worth noting that the originally planned revision to make Sorcerer Supreme a power you actively trigger with the X-Marker would fix this problem, since the two Stranges would no longer be passively negating themselves simultaneously, and even if both players attempted to use Sorcerer Supreme at the exact same time, you would just have to roll off too see which triggers first and therefore negates the others’ ability to use theirs that turn. (Plus I still think that version’s going to be the most tactically interesting from a general gameplay perspective.)
- Bonding Test - Pass - Spells don’t bond.
- Synergies Test - Pass - Only really synergy with Baron Mordo, which is going to be pretty damn strong, but that'll be tested later.
- Power Check - Pass - Eliminating an Order Marker is really nice, but you're still using up an attack to do it. It's also really nice when there's a benefit to you changing a figure's personality. Considering that the team with it lost the second game, and would have lost the first if I were playing Batwoman right, I don't think it's OP.
- Fun Test - Pass - I had fun using it.
- Fun Competitive Test - Pass - Order Marker removal is always frustrating for the target, you can't get around that, but it's been around for ages. This is automatic, but it's also once per game, instead of your attack and costs specific points to draft outside any other units.
- Drafting Test - Pass - I'd say it was worth drafting if I had a spellcaster in a build where I could take a turn with them and someone else. Against certain builds where I think I can exploit personality altering, it becomes highly desirable, and, of course, it's going to be at its' best with Mordo.
- Usage Test - Pass - I certainly found it usable.
- Strategy Test - Pass - Picking the right time to use it is important, as with all spells, but especially here when you’re giving up your attack for it. When there are effects associated with a figure’s Personality, things get more interesting.

Name Of The Playtest Unit: Hypnotise

Army Test 1

Map: Conflict Chernobyl (no glyphs)
Armies:
Selene Gallio, Jubilee, Hypnotise (30) (460 points)
vs.
Batwoman, Batgirl (Barbara Gordon), Robin (Damien Wayne), Robin (Jason Todd) (460 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test 2
Map: Bad Moon Rising (No Glyphs)
Armies;
Nightwing, Starfire, Raven, 2x Hellfire: Ignition, Hypnotise (30) (640 points)
vs.
Green Goblin, Carnage, Harley Quinn (vI) (640 points)
Spoiler Alert!

Thoughts On The Tested Unit's Cost, Balance, & Draftibility:

I like it - it’s fun to play. Most of the time it’s just a nice, simple spell to knock off an Order Marker in exchange for an attack, and of course, it’s a big help to Mordo. However, its’ hidden bonuses are really intriguing me - all the things you can do with changing a figure’s personality. There are a few cases where you can make them worse with a glyph they’re carrying, like Batwoman and Batman with the Flash Bang Grenade and Bat-Shurikens respectively. Then there are the ones where you can knock away immunities - part of me loves the idea of Hypnotising Hal Jordan or Phobos before terrifying them with Sinestro or... Phobos again. You could also Hypnotise a Valiant figure, allowing them to be Manipulated by Meteorite or be remarkably amenable to signing a Deal with the Devil. And then, of course, there are the synergy breaks - though not as major as changing a figure’s species or class, things we already have in the game thanks to the Werewolf, the E-Ray and my personal favourite editor, changing a figure’s personality does break up a handful. Small Enthusiastic Hero synergy is a small but notable set, and draining someone’s Patriotism to weaken Uncle Sam could be a nice trick, but the two most notable sets are clearly Insane and Ruthless Mastermind synergies.
In fact, Insane figures lose a lot of immunities as well, so they get a double-whammy on top of losing synergy. In the end, though, there is one guy who gets more hurt than any other figure in the game by being Hypnotised - C3G Red Skull. Not only can he no longer bond with his HYDRA Agents, but he is also unable to use the Cosmic Cube without receiving a wound and dropping it - it’s kind of crippling for the round it’s active. Now, I think this is actually really interesting, since people have been saying that Red Skull is one of the strongest not-outright-broken figures in the game, and the recent discussion in the Reevaluation thread involved @Soundwarp SG-1 saying this, that it might be interesting to have a list of figures who could use a boost through future game additions and ones that need to be borne in mind for becoming broken in the future - or, maybe, could use a counter here or there. This still isn’t a hard counter, he gets everything back at the end of the round if he’s still around, but it still clearly hurts him more than anyone else, and I kind of feel like having a nice, 35 point spell hanging around that can nerf one of the strongest figures in the game for a round isn’t exactly a bad thing.
Anyway, once the 24 hour period has passed, I’m planning to propose this for DR Testing at 35 Points and Mesmerise for DR Testing at 25 Points

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; May 1st, 2017 at 07:38 PM.
Old April 30th, 2017, 08:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Spellbook of Hypnotize (Initial Playtesting)

I like that it is a guaranteed OM removal without having to engage, you only have to avoid the X, unless of course the X is what you are trying to remove. I'd advise the pre-Mordo testing is done with removing the X from people who really like it and breaking up personality synergies to get an idea of what price range someone other than Mordo might pay for the spell. I'd also consider using it on someone who had a strong bonding partner, giving up 1 attack to prevent two attacks isn't a bad deal. So yeah, that is 3 good uses before Mordo even shows up. Not sure if they are all worth 35 points but we will find out.
Old May 1st, 2017, 07:02 PM
Hard as ice

Re: The Spellbook of Hypnotize (Vote for DR Playtesting)

I Propose Moving Hypnotise to Danger Room Playtesting at 35 Points.

@Tornado - Yea
@johnny139 - Yea
@Viegon - Yea
@Yodaking - Yea
@japes -
@TrollBrute - Yea

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Last edited by Lazy Orang; May 2nd, 2017 at 09:17 AM.
Old May 1st, 2017, 07:04 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Yea

Did the CRB ever get tagged about Mordo's spells specifically?

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 1st, 2017, 07:08 PM
Hard as ice

That's a good point - there were a number of major changes to Mordo and the spells after they were tagged, including the entirety of Hypnotise becoming a thing, so I'll do that now.
@dok , @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , @weebaer
Also, someone should probably talk about that Mirror Issue I brought up.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 1st, 2017, 07:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

yea
Old May 1st, 2017, 08:44 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

The "instead of attacking" restriction drops my blood pressure a bunch.
Old May 1st, 2017, 09:50 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library