Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old September 20th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Jackal(Public Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Just wondering, can you avoid Cellar Degeneration if you Soul Swap him with Enchantress?
You can avoid Cellar Degeneration with a healthy dose of sandbags.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 20th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
You mean if Jackal switches sides?
Yeah, I'm assuming it bypasses it, since it's a different 'you' in 'you control' now, unless it just creates a 'phantom' copy of the power without an army card associated with it anymore.

I don't think it's anything particularly abuse-able, Enchantress is just the first person I tend to look for interactions with since she's so awesome (to the point where I pretty much consider super-strength to be a negative power now).
Yeah. You're correct. Since you no longer control Jackal, ala he's not in your army, you no longer have to roll for any Clone Experiments you control.

Interesting little immunity.
Old September 20th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

So destroying Jackal to stop Cellular Degeneration could be a tactic. Perhaps a clause that states that CD still occurs after he is destroyed should be considered?

A lot of great suggestions but I doubt I can get to all of them so perhaps Karat could pick out two for me to try.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 20th, 2014, 12:53 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
So destroying Jackal to stop Cellular Degeneration could be a tactic. Perhaps a clause that states that CD still occurs after he is destroyed should be considered?
That's what "for the entire game" means. Only getting him out of your army (which, per C3G rules, destroying does not do), negating Jackal's powers, or changing the species/class of the Clone Experiments, will shut down degeneration.

Werewolves can indeed turn clone experiments into stable Lycanthropes, although spending OMs to attack your own guys in the middle of the game is hardly a consistently effective strategy. Similarly, Apoc could use the E-ray to turn them into Simians. Of course, Apoc wants a bunch of Mutants to work with, not Mutates and Humans, so it's not a particularly effective combo.
Old September 20th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

@Tornado do you have a preference for any of the armies?
Old September 20th, 2014, 01:17 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Doh. You are right dok. Thanks for setting me straight. Do you think Enchantress or Werewolves strategy is viable enough to test? I am trying to come up with something to make the Werewolf strategy more doable.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 20th, 2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
@Tornado do you have a preference for any of the armies?
Not really. I prefer to test at around 1000 but I will go into the 1600s if need be. Some of the suggestions were for the opponent's army so I can certainly work them in.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old September 20th, 2014, 01:22 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Honestly, I think the Werewolf thing is mostly a curiosity. It's more playable than the Apoc idea, of course, but it's still not really going to work most of the time.

Tossing Jackal into a standard Enchantress build (Punisher, Green Arrow, etc) does seem like it could work. I don't think it's going to be more effective than a standard Enchantress build most of the time, but it could work.
Old September 20th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Something like Soundwarp's Manhattan build would be interesting to see how it does, and yeah he's really good in an Enchantress build, especially if you can protect Invisible Woman and keep him in range of both of them that way he gets the extra attack and the extra defense making him rather dangerous, but yeah the werewolf thing would be a bit quirky, but also interesting to see. Also, that Fan 4 type build would be good to see him run against as well as a Green Lantern Army. It'll be interesting to see how his cloning ability would affect the course of a GL match. If you could take over Hal without burning his markers, that could be really devastating.
Old September 20th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Now moves with Flying.

You know, I just thought of something, a Fan 4 build with him in it could be pretty competitive if done right. Keep Jackal and Sue back and send Fantastic and some Mutate/Human/Clone adventurers out to wreak havoc while Jackal just keeps cloning them.
Old September 20th, 2014, 02:20 PM

Lanterns are going to be kind of weak revives for Jackal most of the time, because any smart lantern player is going to try to make sure they don't die with a full load of markers while Jackal is around.

The Manhattan build is, as SSG1 said, probably not that strong. You're socking a lot of points into Manhattan, whose only value here is to give you something to bide the time while you bring back other clones. I'd rather just have more hitters to send out, most of the time.

Something like Ms. Marvel/Hawkeye(II)/Hulk(Hasbro)/Jackal/Aaron Cash for 1200 is a good starting point. An Enchantress build with Enchantress, Jackal, and a bunch of the Human/Mutate usual suspects (Punisher, Speedball, Shocker, Merlyn, Swordsman, Zsasz), possibly with a bias towards the 5-6 life ones there, where Jackal gives you another shot at some of those guys, is also a pretty good choice.

Playing him against something like F4 is good, but again, I don't think its a huge deal. A good Jackal build (like the ones above) is going to give you plenty of good stuff to clone from your own army. Sure, if you get a kill of one of theirs when all your big hitters are alive, then you will have a shot to clone their stuff, but that's just a "win more" mechanic, and doesn't really affect the matchup that much.

EDIT: Yeah, MrF+IW+Jackal+Thing/SheHulk/both is a nice option too. I don't think it's quite as good as the Ms Marvel/HasbroHulk combo, but it works on a similar principle.

EDIT2: MODOK in that Enchantress/Jackal build is kind of nasty, too.

Last edited by dok; September 20th, 2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old September 27th, 2014, 11:36 AM

Here are a few more tests. I ended up going off the board a bit but I needed to get a better handle on this guy. His offensive capabilities are quite limited and I wish his roll for Drug Tipped Claws was much lower for it is about the only chance he has in combat.

He pretty requires a defensive pod around him and at least one and preferably two good/great Cloning candidates. Having Clone-able figures on the other team is less necessary but is helpful if you get the drop on your opponent.

The more points, the better he becomes as more defense can be built around him but I feel like he is pretty solid in the 1200-ish or less category. The Clone roll his high enough where you are going to need a lot of luck to win with it as the Cellular Degeneration quickly disposes of your Experiments.
I will try to get a couple more tests in. I am starting to get a better feel for him now.
Spoiler Alert!

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library