Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old May 3rd, 2019, 10:15 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
GENCON 2019 Official Events

[Gencon 2019

Thursday
8AM
Learn to Play Heroscape

Come learn the best miniatures game in the universe! Dragons, WWII soldiers, samurai, orcs, robots, and secret agents battle over 3D hex terrain. Everything provided. All participants will be given a Heroscape figure and card to take home. Very fun, very accessible.
10AM
Learn to Play Heroscape

Come learn the best miniatures game in the universe! Dragons, WWII soldiers, samurai, orcs, robots, and secret agents battle over 3D hex terrain. Everything provided. All participants will be given a Heroscape figure and card to take home. Very fun, very accessible.
11AM
Flex Tourney

Open to all players, 24 positions. Multi-Round tournament. New matches start as old ones finish. Come & go as you please. Players bring pre-drafted 500 point armies, 24 figure limit, Marvel is allowed. Tourney winner decided by point-weighted drawing at the end. In this event, you can switch armies between matches. You are allowed to come late, or leave for the dealer hall between matches. Prizes awarded.
4PM
4x400

Open to all players, 16 positions. 4-round Swiss style tournament. Players bring 4 pre-drafted 400 point armies, 20 figures limit, no Marvel is allowed. No figure can be used in more than 1 army. You must write your four armies down on a 3x5 card that is provided at the beginning of the tournament. Prizes awarded.
Heroes Only
Open to all players, 16 positions. 4-round Swiss style tournament. Players bring a pre-drafted 600 point army, 12 figure limit, Marvel is allowed. The army cannot include squad units. Prizes awarded.
Cluster Draft
Open to all players, 16 positions. 4-round Swiss style tournament. Players bring (3) 150 to 170 point armies, 7 figure limit, Marvel is allowed. Uniques used in one army cannot be used in another. Players draft the armies in a 1-2-1-1-1 format. Prizes awarded.
Learn to Play Heroscape
6PM
Learn to Play Heroscape

8PM
For the Wise Men Tournament

Age restriction -- over 40 years old or over. 16 positions, 4-round Swiss style tournament. Players bring 440 points armies. 20 Hex limit, no Marvel. No individual figures or squads lower than 40 points. Prizes Awarded.

Additional Information:
Choose one of the following Secrets of the Wise Men to apply to your army for the entirety of the tournament: A). Secret of the Leader: When rolling for initiative, you may add or subtract 8 from your die roll. B). Secret of the Warrior: Once per turn, after you roll attack dice for a normal attack, you may reroll ALL of your attack dice once. C). Secret of the Wizard: Once per turn on your turn, before rolling the D20, you may choose to add or subtract 2 from your die roll.
Open Play
Open to all players, play however you like. 16 positions (we will take more with generic tickets). No structure required - just come and play. Customs welcome. Prize support available if enough players sign up.

Friday
10AM
Take 2
Open to all players , 16 positions, 4-round Swiss style tournament. Players bring (2) 450 point armies, 16 figure limit, no Marvel. Dice-off winner chooses 1 of the 4 armies (theirs or their opponent's). Other player chooses from remaining 3. Prizes awarded.
Heat of the Battle:Unique
Open to all players. 16 position, 4-round Swiss style tournament. Players bring a 500 point army, 18 figure limit, no Marvel. This army may only use unique figures (squads and/or heroes), including uncommon uniques. Players take turns placing a card's worth of units, unengaged, on an empty space. Squad figures must be placed adjacent to other friendly squad figures just placed. Battle begins after all units have been placed. Prizes will be awarded.

Additional information: Players will roll the D20 to see who places their first card's worth of units. The D20 roll winner can defer, if they choose. The player who places units second will have initiative for the first round.
C3G Tournament
Open to all players. 16 positions, 4-round Swiss style tournament. Players bring a 1000 point C3G army, 18 figure limit. This event will use custom Heroscape cards from the C3G project. For more information on C3G go to Heroscapers.com Prizes awarded.
Learn to Play Heroscape
12PM
Learn to Play Heroscape

3PM
Main Event

Open to all players. 52 positions, 6-round Swiss style tournament with rounds 2, 4, & 6 played Reverse the Whip (using your opponent's army). Players bring a 410 point army, 16 figure limit, no Marvel. Top 16 players advance to finals.

Saturday
10AM
Main Event - Finals

The top 16 from day 1 of the Main Event bring the same 410 point army. 4-round single elimination tournament, with rounds 1 & 3 played Reverse the Whip (using your opponent's army). Prizes awarded.

Assassin's Creed
Open to all players, 16 positions. 4-round Swiss style tournament. Players bring a 475 point army, 16 figures limit, no Marvel. You must bring at least 3 heroes unique and / or uncommon (more is ok). You cannot have the same uncommon hero more than once. The game will be played using the following format. First place your units, second give your opponent your unique / uncommon hero cards. Finally simultaneously reveal which hero of your opponent you would like to assassinate. Check victory conditions at the end of each turn. Also if your chosen hero leaves your team (Mindshackle, Stab in the Back) for longer than the end of the turn, it is counted as a defeat. Prizes awarded.
Speed Scape 4x225
Open to all players, 16 positions. Players will play Two(2) 4-round Swiss style tournaments. Rounds are 30 minutes. Players bring 4 pre-drafted 225 point armies, 8 figure limit, no Marvel. No figure can be used in more than 1 army. You must write your 4 armies down on a provided 3x5 card at the beginning of the tournament. Prizes awarded for the winner of each tournament.
Learn to Play Heroscape
12PM
Learn to Play Heroscape

3PM
General Wars - Alliance

Open to all players, 40 positions, 5-round Swiss style tournament. Players bring 330 points or less of figures from one general and 150 points or less of figures from any one other general (NOTE: Utgar and Valkrill are considered the same general for this event). The entire army has a figure limit of 24 figures. No Marvel allowed. Prizes awarded.

Sunday
9AM
Team Up

Open to all players, 48 positions – 24 team slots (2 players per team). Each player must buy their own ticket (2 per team). 4-round Swiss style tournament. Each team will be a combined 600 point army, 24 figure limit, no Marvel. Each player must control within 4 hexes & 100 points of their teammate. Prizes awarded.
Old May 3rd, 2019, 08:57 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker
Re: GENCON 2019 Official Events

Main Event. 6 Rounds.

6 Rounds.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old May 3rd, 2019, 10:24 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mailman View Post
Main Event. 6 Rounds.

6 Rounds.
I was waiting for someone to notice!
Old May 3rd, 2019, 10:25 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Main Event. 6 Rounds.

6 Rounds.
Hm, not sure if you are happy about 6 rounds or not happy about 6 rounds...

🙂
Old May 3rd, 2019, 10:32 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Oh it's a fantastic change.

Must better statistically - you can't force yourself into day 2 with all A/A+ units and a 3-2 record and it reduces the number of people who will miss the cut for day 2 with an identical record to someone who does make it on the coin toss.

(And more Heroscape)

Huge thanks to everyone who helped make the change.
Old May 4th, 2019, 12:12 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post

Must better statistically - you can't force yourself into day 2 with all A/A+ units and a 3-2 record and it reduces the number of people who will miss the cut for day 2 with an identical record to someone who does make it on the coin toss.

(And more Heroscape)

Our hope is that it should completely eliminate it. We’re taking a page out of the books of other games that say “X-2s make cut”; basically you need to go 4-2 this year and you’re in.

Last edited by OEAO; May 4th, 2019 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Stupid phone autocorrect
Old May 4th, 2019, 01:16 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

It does give players more opportunities to make it to day two with skill despite the matchup-crapshoot that is reverse-the-whip. I'm pretty sure I'm a fan.

Right now I'm looking at

Thursday
Cluster Draft
Open Play (C3V or AotP)

Friday
Take 2
Main Event

Saturday
Main Event or Speedscape

And if anyone is looking to try the new edition of the Pathfinder RPG on Thursday morning, Saturday evening, or Sunday morning, hit me up!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 4th, 2019, 09:30 AM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

After soaking it in overnight, I'm happy about it. I like it when things are altered slightly to get people to think more. But 6 games. More scape, yes. Only down side I can think of is food. But Hendal usually comes through for us there.

I also wanted to state it for those who didn't notice without giving my opinion.

And BTW, at last year's Friday night Open Play, it was me. Nobody else. Hendal came late because he got caught up in a Clank game. I can see why GenCon wouldn't allow it.

And, I'm pretty excited about attending again this year, especially after seeing the line up. Excellent job whoever you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider30 View Post
Quote:
Main Event. 6 Rounds.

6 Rounds.
Hm, not sure if you are happy about 6 rounds or not happy about 6 rounds...

🙂

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old May 4th, 2019, 10:07 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:

(And more Heroscape)

Our hope is that it should completely eliminate it. We’re taking a page out of the books of other games that say “X-2s make cut”; basically you need to go 4-2 this year and you’re in.
I'd love for it to completely eliminate it, but when I ran the math on it yesterday I got that 18 people would have 4-2 or better (with a full field of 52).

My Scratch Work: (sorry for the poorly formatted 'table')

----------- Round 1 -- Round 2 -- Round 3 -- Round 4 -- Round 5 -- Round 6
0 Points ____26 _____ 13 ______ 7 ________ 4 _______ 2 _______ 1
1 Point ____ 26 ______ 26 _____ 19 _______ 12 ______ 8 _______ 5
2 Points ____________ 13 _____ 19 _______ 20 ______ 16 ______ 12
3 Points _____________________ 7 _______ 12 ______ 16 ______ 16
4 Points _______________________________ 4 ______ 8 _______ 12
5 Points _______________________________________ 2 _______ 5
6 Points ________________________________________________ 1

(as a tie-breaker, i.e. when someone on 2 points has to face someone on 1 point, I always assume the higher point player will win as I view it as the slightly more likely outcome and it's easier than trying to make it split up 51/49 or whatever would be a realistic percent)

Entirely possible (and I expect true) that I messed up or am missing something, but just wanted to check given your comment about entirely eliminating the issue (I'm more curious than anything else). Or are you assuming that we'd get less than the 52 max?

But yes, regardless of the exact math I (and I would hope everyone) am a huge fan of X-2s make it, or any such similar cut-off.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; May 4th, 2019 at 10:10 AM. Reason: fixed table format slightly, but it still sucks :)
Old May 4th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

(And more Heroscape)

I'd love for it to completely eliminate it, but when I ran the math on it yesterday I got that 18 people would have 4-2 or better (with a full field of 52).

0 Points ____26 _____ 13 ______ 7 _______ 4 ________ 2 _______ 1
3 Points _____________________ 7 _______ 12 ______ 16 _____ 16
4 Points _______________________________ 4 ______ 8 ______ 12
5 Points _______________________________________ 2 ______ 5
6 Points _______________________________________________ 1

(as a tie-breaker, i.e. when someone on 2 points has to face someone on 1 point, I always assume the higher point player will win as I view it as the slightly more likely outcome and it's easier than trying to make it split up 51/49 or whatever would be a realistic percent)

Entirely possible (and I expect true) that I messed up or am missing something, but just wanted to check given your comment about entirely eliminating the issue (I'm more curious than anything else). Or are you assuming that we'd get less than the 52 max?

But yes, regardless of the exact math I (and I would hope everyone) am a huge fan of X-2s make it, or any such similar cut-off.
It’s perfect with exactly 48.
Problem is that doesn’t always happen.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; May 4th, 2019 at 10:14 AM. Reason: It’s another gen con thing with the numbers
Old May 4th, 2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

(And more Heroscape)

0 Points ____26 _____ 13 ______ 7 _______ 4 ________ 2 _______ 1
3 Points _____________________ 7 _______ 12 ______ 16 _____ 16
4 Points _______________________________ 4 ______ 8 ______ 12
5 Points _______________________________________ 2 ______ 5
6 Points _______________________________________________ 1

It’s perfect with exactly 48.
Problem is that doesn’t always happen.
Gotcha, thanks
Old May 5th, 2019, 12:15 PM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

GenCon events released -- looks like we are back at Lucas Oil

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con