Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old June 6th, 2019, 06:18 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
New England Heroscape: Red, Fight, & Blue

New England Heroscape: Red, Fight, & Blue
Saturday, July 6th, 2019
New Players Welcome

Given how close this event is to Gencon, I am going to run the Gencon 2019 General Wars format on 2019 Gencon maps. It'll be both an easy bring-1 format for everyone, and good practice for anyone going to Gencon this year.

Where: 5 Chrysler Rd., Natick MA (first floor lounge) (park across the street at Home Depot)

When: Show up 1 PM, Round 1 starts at 1:30 pm. 60 minute rounds.

What: 4 rounds (will re-evaluate if we get more than 16 players) of a Swiss-Style Tournament.

Format: Players bring 330 points or less of figures from one general and 150 points or less of figures from any other general. (Note: Utgar and Valkrill are considered the same general for this event). The entire army has a figure limit of 24 figures. No Marvel allowed. Classic Heroscape (including D&D) figures only - no C3V/SOV.

Entry: There will be a $5 entry fee which will go towards the prize table.

Please let me know by replying to this thread if you are planning on attending, so that I have an accurate estimate for the number of maps I need to bring.

There will be 4th of July Heroscape themed prizes as well.

For anyone who wants to enter but is missing a figure they would like to run, or doesn't have an army at all, reach out to me and I can likely provide the figure/army. (Please reach out before the day-of though)

Food: There are several restaurants within a half mile of the game store for people looking for food before or after the event.

Maps:
Dance of the Dryads
Infected Glade
Invasion
Platypus
The Borogoves
Ashfall (up to 2)
Dry Season (up to 4)
I will have enough maps provided for 11 tables. If we get more than that (would be awesome!) any volunteers to bring extra maps would be great.

Glpyh Pool: Unique Attack +1, Initiative +8, Wannok, Kelda, Move +2, D20 +1 (no treasure glyphs)

Attending:
Chris Perkins
Nick (Freind of Chris Perkins)
Itsbuzzi
Sir Heroscape
Family of Sir Heroscape (2)
Mike Contente (youtube name) + 1 friend
nova
KourtJester
6foot4-2inches/Zack (reddit user name) + 2 friends
Drewman-chu + 1 friend
Curry_Noodles +2

Maybe:
nyphot
righteousdjinn (reddit user name)
Cleon
2 Friends/Family of Sir Heroscape

Mentions:

Last edited by Chris Perkins; July 6th, 2019 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Got more info
Old June 7th, 2019, 08:12 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: New England Heroscape: Red, Fight, & Blue

Put nyphot down as a maybe, he posted in the other thread.

Edit: Could someone also refer to me examples of armies to bring, I haven't a clue about this format but it looks cool.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Last edited by itsbuzzi; June 7th, 2019 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Edit
Old June 7th, 2019, 08:24 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Regarding armies to bring, I think the best example is where the meta at Gencon last year ended up (with slight tweaks to the format though, which should lead to very different armies this year).

Last year the format was: Bring a 18 hex 480pt army. All of your army must be from 1 of the following alliances: Jandar+Aquilla, Utgar+Valkrill, or Einar+Ullar+Vydar. No more than 300 points from 1 general.

The top 2 armies (based on popularity and results) were:
Q9, 10th Reg x4
Raelin [RotV], Nilfheim, Axegrinders x3

This year the alliances are not pre-set, which should lead to more variety in army builds.

Generally though, general wars armies try to fit one of the following criteria:
1) Synergy units, like Raelin
2) Strong units that don't bond, but make 2 very strong waves
3) Units from different generals that bond (there aren't many, but there are some)
Old June 7th, 2019, 02:47 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

I'll have to take a look through but those are good notes thank you.

Old June 17th, 2019, 11:11 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Lets get some more activity here! Are we gunna make this happen? I've got my dad and Nephew who are pretty excited for this tourney if we can get a good group together!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 18th, 2019, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Lets get some more activity here! Are we gunna make this happen? I've got my dad and Nephew who are pretty excited for this tourney if we can get a good group together!
I'm in and if need be I can bring some stuff, just not other people as I don't have any of those to spare sadly.

Old June 18th, 2019, 12:12 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I won't be able to make this one. I expect to be home then.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 18th, 2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Well it's definitely happening

I'm advertising on Reddit too (I'm CaesarsGaul there), posted about the tournament here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/heroscape/c...ment_july_6th/
Looks like we might get 1 or 2 more from there.

We're at 8 or 9 currently by my count, certainly enough to run it but plenty of room for more players.
Old June 19th, 2019, 08:28 AM

You could also post to the Facebook group. That *might* get you some more but at the very least it makes the event shareable through social media for others.

Old June 19th, 2019, 11:24 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I just this and I will try to make it. I will try and get a couple of people to attend too. 2 tourney's in 1 summer, this is like a total Heroscape reawakening in NE!
Old June 23rd, 2019, 06:54 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

So right now I’m counting about 6? Can we get some more solid RSVP’s ?
@nyphot you gunna be able to make it?
@Neo you wanna carpool down with me?
@ollie you wanna carpool down with me?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old June 25th, 2019, 11:07 AM

Mike Contente is coming, And he said he’ll try to bring a friend as well

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events