Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 5th, 2017, 10:18 PM

ImAMerc12176 Woo who?
Fixing bent minis?

Hey everyone. I recently picked Scape back up and was able to pick up some rarer minis for relatively cheap. One of those was Sir Gilbert, problem is the poor man has a droopy flagstaff. Does anyone know a good way to get the flag standing upright and proud again? The flag is too heavy for the stick, so I know this is bound to keep happening, but a semi permanent solution would be ideal.
Old June 5th, 2017, 11:03 PM

HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker HEROSCAPERMTL knows what's in an order marker
Re: Fixing bent minis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAMerc12176 View Post
Hey everyone. I recently picked Scape back up and was able to pick up some rarer minis for relatively cheap. One of those was Sir Gilbert, problem is the poor man has a droopy flagstaff. Does anyone know a good way to get the flag standing upright and proud again? The flag is too heavy for the stick, so I know this is bound to keep happening, but a semi permanent solution would be ideal.
Haha I am in the exact same situation my freind. I aswell would like to see my Sir Gilbert flying his flag valiantly.
Old June 6th, 2017, 12:32 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Most minis can be straightened by giving them a hot water soak, straighten them, then quickly dunk in cold water. You have to be careful with stickers - and Sir G might be extra tricky since I believe his flag has a sticker. Blowdryers work to warm the plastic as well. Perhaps for Sir G, heating with a blowdryer then holding the flagpole in position until it cools would work.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old June 6th, 2017, 10:21 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I fixed Tornak once by gluing the straight part of a paperclip alongside his spear. That might be too crude of a solution for Gilbert, though.
Old June 6th, 2017, 01:21 PM

ImAMerc12176 Woo who?

My extreme solution is to visit my friend who has a 3D print pen and load it with some brown plastic to just make a brace for the staff
Old June 6th, 2017, 01:25 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Most minis can be straightened by giving them a hot water soak, straighten them, then quickly dunk in cold water. You have to be careful with stickers - and Sir G might be extra tricky since I believe his flag has a sticker. Blowdryers work to warm the plastic as well. Perhaps for Sir G, heating with a blowdryer then holding the flagpole in position until it cools would work.
I used this technique for my Sir Gilbert. Soak the flag pole in hot water for about a minute to soften - straighten the pole and then immediately dunk in cold water for about 30 seconds. You do have to be careful to not get water on the base-sticker.

I also don't keep the mini standing, as it seems gravity pulls down the flag - so I keep him on his side in a case.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion