Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 19th, 2009, 12:40 PM

Trebormailliw Woo who?
General Themes?

So, my cousins are coming up for the holidays and there are six of us + one who is too young to play heroscape with out an older person helping her. Since there are six of us and there are six generals, I thought that each person could be assigned a general. However, I want to make sure everyone gets someone that they will be happy with, so I thought it would be helpful to know the overarching themes that go with each general so that they can better make there decision. I know/think that three generals (Utgar, Jander, and Aquilla) represent the good vs. evil aspect of heroscape, with Jander being good, Utgar evil, and Aquilla representing nature, neither inherently good nor evil. I also know/think that the other three generals (Ullar, Einar, and Vyder) represent the three main categories of units, with Ullar being fantasy, Einar being historical, and Vyder being science fiction, but I have a feeling that there are more themes to the generals, and I was wondering if anyone knew what all they were. Thanks, and sorry if there is already a thread like this.
Old December 19th, 2009, 12:56 PM

That Guy0715 is surprisingly tart
Re: General Themes?

I think you already have the themes:
Utgar-evil
Jandar-good
Ullar-fantasy/magic
Vydar-technological
Einar-history
Aquilla-not very developed yet, but nature.

Spoiler Alert!
Old December 19th, 2009, 12:59 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy0715 View Post
I think you already have the themes:
Utgar-evil
Jandar-good
Ullar-fantasy/magic
Vydar-technological
Einar-history
Aquilla-not very developed yet, but nature.
Ullar Fantasy/magic/elves
Aquilla Fantasy/nature/dwarvs

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old December 19th, 2009, 01:07 PM

Trebormailliw Woo who?

What about personalities? I know that disciplined goes with Einar. Or particularly high stats in a specific area as a theme? Is there anything like that?
Old December 19th, 2009, 04:55 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

The game is actually very quirky and unbalanced between themes as far as Kyrie Generals go, in how the cards actually work togther, as if they couldn't decide what themes to use with generals, and which with other things like left hand card characteristics such as personality. So you want to use for example, Master Woo with Monks, who are not in the same army. You might want to set up some fairly low point total sample armies (400 points) like this, let your players try them out, and then change or draft as they wish in the second game.

'Themes' for beginners should be team/army balance, such as between shooters and melee units, between heroes and squads, and between low and high cost units. This is more truly in the playing spirit of the game.

PS: The Acquilla theme is actually Tribal, as has been agreed to on many threads.
Old December 19th, 2009, 05:45 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

IamBatman did a great write up on factions within heroscape. Makes for a good read.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=24404

You seem to have nailed down the basic themes of the generals. Though you can get a few more themes within each. The Marro for example can be an army of themselves (assuming you have enough them) and same with the Orcs Horde.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old December 19th, 2009, 11:55 PM

Trebormailliw Woo who?

Thanks for the info.
And yeah, I know it would probably be better to not limit them to just one general, but we have large, 3 vs. 4 (with the Marro and Non-Marro Utgar troops being split up between someone (probably my brother) and the younger cousin) games set up, where I figured with all of the teams working together it might not matter if one or two generals army would not fare well on it own (I think I will give myself Ullar for that reason).
Old December 24th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I always thought of Ullar as the one based on nature, and Aquilla as the one based on tribes or clans.
Old December 24th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Off by a little. Plus a typo.

iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker iceman3317 knows what's in an order marker

Sorry,but I hate when people call evil. Ya I know your game,but the good generals are all,but . Also it use to be. and aginst ,, and

So I think your set up should be Utgar,Vydar,and Einar against Jandar,Ullar,and Aquilla.

For the themes. My thought is.

Jandar-Good,Midevil.
Ullar- Elves,Nature and Fantsy.
Aquilla-Dwarves,Bugs,Clans,Tribes,Mountains,and Wilderness.
Einar- Midevil,European,China and Japan
Vydar- Futureistic,Robots and Agents.
Utgar- Evil a little of everything, Orcs,Wolves,and Undead.

That is what I think.

Valhalla's Darkest Hour: Custom Wave 3 and March of Shadows: Custom Large Expansion 1 coming soon.
Old December 24th, 2009, 05:33 PM

Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby! Shadowking rolls all skulls baby!

Utgar- Evil in it's many forms.
Jandar- Good in it's many forms.
Ullar- Fantastical nature, elves, magic.
Vydar- Techno, futuristic, robots, agents.
Einar- Historical, discipline.
Aquilla- Savage side of nature, tribes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion