Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old June 3rd, 2008, 05:38 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
If MarvelScape Were Just Boosters...

Considering that the Marvel Master Set apparently didn't sell that well, do you think Marvel might have been more successfully released as just boosters? Obviously, it would've been cheaper to produce just the figures minus the terrain, but it would've also required purchasers to buy or own the regular Heroscape Master Set. On the one hand, I could see a Marvel Booster set as being a great seller on it's own, but maybe not enough to tempt a lot of folks into getting into the greater game. Still, as someone who already owns tons of Heroscape stuff, I can't help but think we'd be more likely to get to Wave 1 had the original figures only been released as Special Edition boosters. What do you all think?
Old June 7th, 2008, 11:10 AM

aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby! aquamaniac27 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: If MarvelScape Were Just Boosters...

It really should have been a booster... I look back at it and say it was a waste of $30. It came with terrain that doesn't work well ROTV, and mostly overpowered figures that can wipe 500 pt armies out by themselves.... should have just been a booster....
Old June 7th, 2008, 11:46 AM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

I disagree. I can assure you that there wouldn't be nearly as many 'scapers out there, including myself, if marvel had just been boosters. Who would have said "Oh, it's $10 spider-man booster for a game which cost's $40 which I don't have, and he doesn't even fit into the storyline. hmmm, I think I'll buy it." Instead we said "Hey, It's a 3D game with a bunch of marvel superheros for only 20 bucks! How awesome it that??!? I'm gonna buy it!" And then when we saw an RotV on slightly discounted prices, we said "Sweet! I gotta have it!" which lead us into the full addiction of this great game.

And remember, marvel is technically suppose to be a separate game that is simply compatible with Classic HS, and the heros weren't summoned to Valhalla by by any Valkyrie general. They were summoned to Valhalla because we decided it would be awesome to have Iron man prove he is truly a one man army.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old June 7th, 2008, 03:15 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
I disagree. I can assure you that there wouldn't be nearly as many 'scapers out there, including myself, if marvel had just been boosters. Who would have said "Oh, it's $10 spider-man booster for a game which cost's $40 which I don't have, and he doesn't even fit into the storyline. hmmm, I think I'll buy it." Instead we said "Hey, It's a 3D game with a bunch of marvel superheros for only 20 bucks! How awesome it that??!? I'm gonna buy it!" And then when we saw an RotV on slightly discounted prices, we said "Sweet! I gotta have it!" which lead us into the full addiction of this great game.

And remember, marvel is technically suppose to be a separate game that is simply compatible with Classic HS, and the heros weren't summoned to Valhalla by by any Valkyrie general. They were summoned to Valhalla because we decided it would be awesome to have Iron man prove he is truly a one man army.
Dude...totally.

Old June 7th, 2008, 06:24 PM

Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker Zorgophlats knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
They were summoned to Valhalla because we decided it would be awesome to have Iron man prove he is truly a one man army.
And then we were proven wrong. So very, very wrong.

Last edited by Zorgophlats : Prenember 86th, 2079 at 42:96 ZM. Reason: enasni eht stalhpogroz
Old June 7th, 2008, 06:28 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I would say that the booster could probably do well without the Marvelscape MS for this one reason. If there are people out there who play the Marvel RPG game the figures are perfect to use and they did not have those ugly CLIX dials on the bottom of them. So you would have 2 audiences to buy them on top of the Marvel Collectors out there too.
Old June 7th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Speaking for myself, I just picked up my second Marvel MS for the terrain. Having two warehouse walls is going to rock very hard. So with boosters, they would have sold me figures x1. As it is, now they've sold me terrain x2, figures x2, and dice/markers x2.
Old June 7th, 2008, 06:39 PM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Boosters would be just fine if there were stand alone city terrain packs. Haven't you always wanted skyscrapers?
Old June 7th, 2008, 06:41 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff View Post
Boosters would be just fine if there were stand alone city terrain packs. Haven't you always wanted skyscrapers?
Only if you could play inside them and climb them from the outside and they still looked cool. But if that was the case they would probably cost $500 each.
Old June 7th, 2008, 06:48 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorgophlats View Post
Quote:
They were summoned to Valhalla because we decided it would be awesome to have Iron man prove he is truly a one man army.
And then we were proven wrong. So very, very wrong.
What do you mean? In classic 'scape, he's awesome.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old June 7th, 2008, 06:50 PM
has been BANNED

They were not summoned to Valhalla sine I do not think that concrete asphalt and warehouse ruin are part of the terrain of Valhalla.
Old June 7th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
They were not summoned to Valhalla sine I do not think that concrete asphalt and warehouse ruin are part of the terrain of Valhalla.
If the terrain of Valhalla can't muster up a little concrete, asphalt and brick, then the terrain of Valhalla sucks. It's not like the warehouse has got TVs and telephone poles modeled on it; it's brick walls and a wood floor! It could be from the, what, maybe 17th century? Am I asking too much here?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion