Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Custom Character Review
Crap 3 21.43%
Mediocre 3 21.43%
Good 1 7.14%
Awesome 3 21.43%
What drugs are you guys on? 4 28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 12th, 2007, 11:56 PM

kspn has disabled reputation
Custom Character Fun - Updated 17 Aug

I have been playing Heroscape for about a year and decided that we needed some customized characters.

So I went through the figurines that I had available and made up some characters.

Then I went and bought some figurines specially for the game.

Then I found some other stuff on special.

Umm, then it just went nuts from there.

I thought I would post the Website I created for my Characters for people to have a look at and give me comments.

At this stage not all the characters have Assosiated images. (it takes a while with 280 new Army Cards)

Custom Characters Note: It may take a while to load.

Affiliation List
01. Altered Marvels
02. Avenger
03. Dungeon Masters
04. Flight of Fancy - Image Editing Required
05. Heralds of Galactus - 30% Completed
06. Heroes of Cybertron
07. Justice League - Image Editing Required
08. Marvel Mini Heros - Need Images
09. Marvel Mini Villans - Need Images
10. Masters of Evil - Image Editing Required
11. Monsters in my Pocket - Need Images
12. Plasma Dragons - Need Images
13. Star Wars
14. The Police
15. X-Men - Image Editing Required
16. Yu-Gi-Oh - Removed Affiliation - Merged with Dungeon Masters

We also made a minor change the the rules to handle the fact that we have 16 new affiliation's, Instead of round robin pick a character, you just pick an affiliation

Comments on the characters, strengths/weaknesses ect are appreciated.

No Coffee, No Workee!
Old August 13th, 2007, 01:45 AM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
I hate to bash somebody who obviously put in a lot of effort making so many customs, but a lot of the point costs are just plain ridiculous. A few examples:

Conan the Barbarian (Heralds of Galactus section) has 15 Life, 12 Attack and 12 Defense but only costs 210 points?

ATAS Walker Blue (the Star Wars section) has 5 Life, 7 Move, 7 Range, 5 Attack and 8 Defense but only costs 130 points?

Captain Britain (Avengers section) 5 Life, 6 Move (plus flying), 6 Attack, 6 Defense for 100 points?

What makes these examples so far off is that many of your other customs are actually reasonably priced compared to the official Heroscape figures. There just seems to be no consistent basis used for your prices.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old August 13th, 2007, 01:55 AM

We have been using a formula system that we located in this forum (I forget where) and so these characters have all been created using that system, they have also been adjusted where we feel that it is required.

I will take your 3 examples and see if I can explain the apparent cost flaws.
1. Captain Briton
He is 100 points mainly because he has no special apart from flight and that was the calculated result. Note he has not been tested in play yet (he is only 2 weeks old) and so we don't know if we need to adjust him.
2. Conan the Barbarian
The entire Heralds of Galactus section is designed for 1 person against 2-3 other players. We have found that these characters are fairly balanced for that type of play. The point cost is simply a guide for us to use for the opposing armies. (Although he should actually read vs 700pts, however that is what the calculated result for that character is oddly enough)
3. ATAS Walker
This character was reduced because of the Critical Flaw special that it has.
On any successful attack, roll a 20 sided die, if roll is 1 then a Critical Hit has been struck and Character is destroyed.
We Felt that is warranted removing around 30pts from the characters cost, and that was justified in game play.

Overall the costs are based on calculated results and many have been adjusted based on results in game play (for example we are considering upgrading the cost of 'The Hulk').

I can post the Calculation set that we use but it was found in this forum somewhere, I will have to ask my friend if he can remember where he found it, but as a base.
Life/Attack/Defence = 5
Move = 2
Range = 4
The specials were more comprehensive.

No Coffee, No Workee!
Old August 13th, 2007, 07:15 AM

Ted has disabled reputation
You put a lot of work into this but they cards would look a lot better if we could actually see the cards with pics of the models.
Old August 13th, 2007, 07:28 AM

As I said in the first post, it is a work in progress.

I have 4 affiliations with Images at the moment, I have taken the pics of the rest, I just need to adjust them to size.

No Coffee, No Workee!
Old August 13th, 2007, 09:19 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
You'd probably get more response in the Marvel custom section, just so you know.

Old August 13th, 2007, 06:50 PM

I am just curious to know why?

Less that 50% of our teams are Marvel/DC based.

I can post there as well but I was under the impression that this was the place for generic team sets of custom created characters for heroscape.

No Coffee, No Workee!
Old August 13th, 2007, 07:27 PM

SoulfulKillingMachine has disabled reputation
Personally, I don't mind the absence of pictures. Your first priority should be to flesh out the wording of each power so it sounds more like official rules. Right now they're full of ambiguities, sentence fragments and spelling errors.

Quote:
Magnetic Control
Able to Control any Soul Borg Character (Smaller than Gigantic) in Play and have a turn with that character as if it is your own.
When can this power be used? Does Magneto still take his turn before/after?
Old August 13th, 2007, 08:15 PM

I agree some of the powers will still need to be updated.

So far less that 50% have actually been tested in gameplay which would show up those sorts of errors.
This will also show up an major inconsistencies with the Point Costs of the characters. (We found that out with the Heroes of Cybertron Group and upgraded them by an average of 25%)

As far as spelling goes, so far most of the input mediums I have used have had no spell check, which has been a real pain. That has now been corrected so the spelling should be fixed up over time as we check and review the characters.

No Coffee, No Workee!
Old August 16th, 2007, 08:31 AM

I have been discussing the potential abilities of the characters and we have decided to modify our core formula for the base character point cost.

Life * 5
Move * 2
Range * ( (Range/2) + 0.5)
Attack^2 (If over Attack 4)
Defence^2 (If over Defence 4)

These have meant that some of our characters have gotten cheaper (not many) and a few have gotten more expensive, 2 extreme cases of 50point boosts.

We have also decided to scrap the Yu-Gi-Oh set because we didn't have enough teams for it and weren't going to be able to get any more.

I have also added images to:
Dungeon Masters
3 Characters from 'Heralds of Galactus'

We have also been checking the specials formatting and spelling as we have been going through.

Any further constructive comments would be appreciated in relation to our builds.

No Coffee, No Workee!
Old August 16th, 2007, 08:41 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by kspn
I am just curious to know why?

Less that 50% of our teams are Marvel/DC based.

I can post there as well but I was under the impression that this was the place for generic team sets of custom created characters for heroscape.
My bad then, I just clicked on a few and they were all Marvel/DC guys. Sorry I'll read more carefully next time.

Old August 16th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, kspn!

On behalf of our formulaic and playtested community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, impressed by the sheer quantity of customs

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards