Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: What would you want in a Heroscape return?
ALL new boosters/waves/terrain/characters/heroes. 26 39.39%
A few choice reprints wiith new stuff. 25 37.88%
A complete reprint. 14 21.21%
New brands (i.e. - Star Wars, LOTR, Halo, etc.) 4 6.06%
Marvel. More characters and building/city expansions. 8 12.12%
I don't CARE! Just bring it BACK!!! 29 43.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 27th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: What would you want in a HS return?

I can just imagine the mechanics that would go into a cloud. Not to mention that dragons and Protectors would have a field day up there. And what about winds? Could a cloud be moved from under the people using it?
Canyon and cliff walls would be fun. I can actually imagine liefkicker pumping that stuff out, considering what he's already done.
Old November 27th, 2011, 05:36 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

1- Bring it back with a new Master Set, with classic terrain but new units, and perhaps a few more LOS blockers.

2- Release new waves and special eddition "Golden Oldies" waves of the favorite out-of-print figures.

3- More terrain expansion packs including City, Desert, Sci-fi, etc. with appropriate LOS blckers. Also, terrain packs that focus more on LOS blockers than the terrain such as building packs.
Old November 27th, 2011, 10:01 PM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

Mechanics for Clouds...

1. Only flying (obviously) can occupy a cloud space. A character with a teleport or carry ability cannot bring a figure up there as teh would simply "fall" through the cloud.

2. The would be stationary due simply to the map (just like a river in HS wouldn't have flow or direction).

3. If a Wind Glyph is activated, any and all characters that are on Cloud tiles would fall straight down, taking any fall damage.

4. If falling, there is a figure occupying that space, destroy that figure only if it is of equal or lesser size. If the figure you fall on is larger, destroy the falling character.

yeah, kinda sketchy, but a start...lol

PM me about any custom scenery
Old November 28th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachi View Post
... The only reason I don't want a reprint is because of all of us that busted our butts collecting and hunting. ...
This is why I would love to just see reprints. This game is not collectible, and I will hate it as it becomes more and more that way.

Of course I would like to see new stuff too, but I would love reprints as well.

And while I know there will be some itinerant D&D haters out there for the rest of time, I think D&D did interesting things to Heroscape. In the end this is a playing system. It was never designed to be dedicated to one type of literature, or one playing style. D&D brought fresh things.

Which is why I would love to see Star Wars'Scape, Historic battles'scape, LOTR'scape, etceteras. In fact I agree with other posters that if they're going into branding they should be done with the D&D'scape thing. We have enough. Perhaps a marvel wave or two... I don't know.

In the end, I don't CARE! Just bring it BACK!!!

I will probably still follow the ancient mantra: "See 'scape, buy 'scape." Unless they make it collectible... or even worse BLIND PURCHASE!!!
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:02 AM

Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby! Chachi rolls all skulls baby!

yeah, I struggle with the "collectable" title but your right, it is a game. I think that if they reprint things, they should at least get new paint jobs or something separating old from new. This way guys like me can claim their useless and nerdy "I have an ORIGINAL..." and people can still play with the same figure. lol!

Yes, I am petty like that

And if a blind purchase ever happened, that would SEAL the collectable status. I'd be done with it right there.

PM me about any custom scenery
Old November 28th, 2011, 07:01 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

I really wish Hasbro/WOTC would just turn Heroscape into their prevailing game system. I don't care so much about the back-story to the game, I just think the system is elegant. So as far as I'm concerned, they should just start releasing all their miniature games using the Heroscape system. They could let the popularity of the themes determine what gets printed more-- if it's D&D, then it's D&D; if it's Star Wars, then it's Star Wars; if it's Marvel, then so be it. In that respect (and not so much in any other) I'd like to see Heroscape treated like Heroclix-- different properties that can work together, if you want them to.

Outside of that, I'd like to see them cut costs for starter sets by including a 2-D base map with a smattering of 3-D hexes you can place on top of it. Though I'd still like to see them include a substantial number of miniatures to build a variety of armies with.

And, of course, they need to fix the distribution system so that poorly selling boosters don't make the entire line has gone bust.
Old November 28th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

I'd like to see a new Masterset relaunch it, with some updated stuff, new terrain LOS blockers, new figures, etc. New expansions as well as older stuff coming back into print, but with a new distribution philosophy.

The distribution, boosters/blisters, and pricing would all need to change. HS would probably need to make the move to being more of a hobby game. I don't think the big box store idea has serious lasting power for a game of HS's scale. The prices we paid for our stuff was also like we were bending Hasbro over, so it would probably have to be escalated to the prices of other miniatures games. Still way cheaper than 40K though, so that's already your selling point. Might be good to go the Warmachine/Hordes way. Package large numbers of the same squad together in a box, and put heroes by themselves in individual little blisters so that they are much cheaper to buy by comparison (this would let people build their armies up by buying the exact heroes they want at the time, and avoid the "I want 5 of X squad but not 5 of Y squad that comes with it" scenarios.
Old November 28th, 2011, 09:13 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
.... and avoid the "I want 5 of X squad but not 5 of Y squad that comes with it" scenarios.
Ahh, all of those poor, lonely Deathstalkers...

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old November 28th, 2011, 09:15 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation

What I would like to see for distribution would basically be something like the old distribution but perhaps freindly to the FLGS too so they can compeate with the big box stores, maybe by getting waves first or having access to reprints of the old stuff when it's no longer available in the big box stores...

Content? Compatable rules, filling of nitch's not yet covered in the historical and sci-fi departments...

GI Joe, aside from the usual suspects we could get some greenshirt squads, viper squads, and even some Cobra La figures filling in the giant bugs and other bio-organic monsters..

MLP, Yes we could get some decent figures from this line too, especially if we draw from the cartoons... (Scorpan and Tirek for Utgar anyone?)

Then of course there is the newest cartoon which gives us other interesting possibilities for monsters... (More dragons, a hydra, a cockatrice...)

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion