Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 11th, 2010, 11:20 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Shurrak

Great for River of Blood! (That is, for the Utgar player !)

Last edited by kolakoski; August 12th, 2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old August 11th, 2010, 11:55 AM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Would be Great for River of Blood If he didn't follow Utgar.
Fixed.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old August 11th, 2010, 12:00 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
People talk about knocking other figures off of cliffs, but do people really build hills that high on their maps? On most maps I play and on BOV maps the highest points are usually maybe like 4 hexes high or so and not like 15 spaces high...
Yes, I agree. Putting him on top of the castle wall to deter coming over the top sounds like fun, though. You could call it "Castle Driving Range."

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old August 12th, 2010, 01:51 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Even on an "ordinary" map, being able to toss units down and away is a significant ability.
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:14 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker

I like Shurraks sculpt a lot more then I thought I would. I think he must have gotten up late though, he grabbed pieces from 2 sets of armor how embarrassing .

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of darkness
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:22 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav11111 View Post
I like Shurraks sculpt a lot more then I thought I would. I think he must have gotten up late though, he grabbed pieces from 2 sets of armor how embarrassing .
Yeah, his armor is asymmetrical. My OCD was like , but it looks cool enough.
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav11111 View Post
Yeah, his armor is asymmetrical. My OCD was like , but it looks cool enough.
That is actually a very common trope in fantasy art. It indicates that the armor has either been repaired using alternate pieces or that it was never whole and that the character has cobbled it together over the years from discards, found pieces and one offs. Full sets of armor are expensive, you know...especially for a giant.
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:57 PM

ravenwolf64 Woo who?

Gurus,
Am I reading correctly: Shurrak could use "Sweeping Sword" on a figure and figures adjacent to both, and roll 0 skulls and still get to roll for knockback on all figures affected by "Sweeping Sword"? Thanks in advance!
Peace
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Yes.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old August 20th, 2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenwolf64 View Post
Gurus,
Am I reading correctly: Shurrak could use "Sweeping Sword" on a figure and figures adjacent to both, and roll 0 skulls and still get to roll for knockback on all figures affected by "Sweeping Sword"? Thanks in advance!
Peace
Knockback ! Also, I noticed, it works for his normal attack too.
Old August 20th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Perhaps he would be a great anti-rat screen? Seeing as ratpodges were quite popular this year at Gencon as well as Q9 I'm thinking Shurrak wouldn't be too bad a choice.
YES YES YES!! I played a game against the HSCP, and it was awesome. I slaugtered x3 rats very fast.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; August 27th, 2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

Theoretically, Shurrak and Jotun should be able to just keep smacking the same guy back and forth. Or, should the Ice Giant have Knockback also, you could play a game of "Keep Away." Better yet, if there's a mountain or castle on the map, Jotun could throw the figure up to Shurrak, who would then knock the figure back to Jotun. Granted, your points would go very fast, but it's still something fun to picture.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units