Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old May 22nd, 2015, 11:34 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Dunno. Their high cost..?

Last edited by chas; May 24th, 2015 at 05:38 AM.
Old May 24th, 2015, 01:01 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Sherman has submitted a second team:

240 Marro Stingers x 4
240 Enchantress

190 Venom
30 Amanda Waller

Old May 25th, 2015, 02:33 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

As GM, I have approved Sherm's second team. Since we'll be playing 2-3 games, its fun to field different cards for replays of a scenario. A couple of people on another thread have said adding to D20 powers can be pretty overwhelming, but I don't think its broken; but a rather intelligent build.

The last time the Enchantress showed up, it was the C3G version in a game with Silver Banshee, the Scarlet Witch, etc. who could negate one of her powers. This time she's different, and also the only female sorceress on the field. Fantasy character meets SciFi scenario. Or are they the same in Superscape?
Old May 25th, 2015, 10:40 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
A couple of people on another thread have said adding to D20 powers can be pretty overwhelming, but I don't think its broken; but a rather intelligent build.
Being able to use the "X" once per Round to add 1 to a 20-sided roll, for Stingers or Venom, is far from overwhelming. Red Skull and my Hydra army, or
S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents suddenly dropping en masse from the sky; now that might be overwhelming (at least here's hoping).

The Who Will Win Poll for this game (not including Sherman's latest army) thus far, with none of the participants voting and an admittedly tiny sample size, gives 2 votes each to Sherman's Yellowjacket army and my
S.H.I.E.L.D. army, and 1 each to Taeblewalker's Fire Demon army and my Hydra army. [Sorry, chas.] Feel free to contribute to that poll - and to write in via post if you like Sherman's Stinger army best.

Old May 25th, 2015, 02:45 PM

The Kree are not amused. And that means more pain for Earthlings later!
Old May 25th, 2015, 05:45 PM

Upthread on Page 3, you will now find a new description of the free built map for The Illinois Smith Memorial Treasure Hunt, now rising steamy and sweaty from the tabletop of Chas.

I'D TURN BACK IF I WERE YOU!
Old May 26th, 2015, 11:52 AM

Well met!

It sounds like the Start Zones are elevated.

THE MAP

The Amazon rain forest. The steamy, stinking, slimy, snaky jungle. No roads or other man made structures exist in this wild, forsaken, humid wilderness. From a hilltop that marks some of the highest terrain in the area, any recovery party must descend down into a morass of swamp, sandbars, shadow, swamp and other water, sheer rock outcrops, and the thick cover of jungle tree and bush. The hearty adventurer in search of high tech treasure near the forbidden wreckage of a crashed alien spaceship must trudge to the center of this maze. But there, on an island of solid land, await dangers known only to the strange gods that rule this land of desolation!

P.S.: A write in vote posted in
Who Will Win? for Sherman's second army now makes it:

2 for Sherman Team I
2 for kolakoski Team I
1 for Sherman Team II
1 for Taeblewalker's Team
1 for kolakoski Team II

Still no votes for either of chas' Teams.

Old May 26th, 2015, 01:10 PM

More Board Detail

The Team Deployment Zones (3 hexes) are each part of one of four large corner 48 hex (24 hexers x 2 or what I call a Building Unit) hills that are up on Level Three. The central crash site is a Level Two BU. The rest of the board is level One or Zero (water/swamp water/shadow).

Rather than being built up of a Four BU (long way) by Four BU (short dimension) rectangle as usual, this board could be called "Floating Islands." Besides the four corner hills, there are two more Level Three hills between the corner hills the long way. Two Level One BUs separate the corners the short way (North-South). Each BU is itself sepreated from all others by a row of water with a path running between each.

Two large Level One sand bars cross North-South between each set of three such BUs as you look East-West. Except for a few 7 hex or fewer "islands, the board is a Level 0 maze as described above. There are swamp water or other 'footpaths' linking all six main BUs, so that flyers are not too advantaged, but in many places these are only 1 hex wide.

This is a long cinematic trudge for the expeditions from the Deployment Zones to the central BU Crash Site, where all eight glyphs may be found scattered about. During your advance you may be attacked by Kree robot guardians or your opponents, both of whom are tracking your movements! There are hidden dangers, and possible actual bonuses, to be found once you reach the Crash Site as well, besides the glyphs themselves.

As we hear in jungle pictures that famous cry of a bird which is actually native to Down Under (I heard it with Taeblewalker on our last visit to the Bronx Zoo):

OOH-OOH-EEE-EEE-EEE-CAW-CAW-CAW!
Old May 26th, 2015, 01:19 PM

Re: The "Who Will Win "Poll: I'm just a stalking horse. Feel free to ignore me.
Old May 26th, 2015, 02:00 PM

Re: When to Drop?

Well met!

Should I Heli-Drop at the beginning of the game? If not, when?

Last edited by kolakoski; May 26th, 2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old May 26th, 2015, 05:42 PM

To Drop or Not To Drop, that is the question. And where? How about surrounding Taeblewalker's Deployment Zone (I wouldn't let you drop reight onto it)? That would work wonders for Earth/Kree interplanetary relations!

Plus you could help us get our stuff back...
Old May 26th, 2015, 09:20 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Here's my second army:
Tech squad 100
5x Anubian Wolves 375
Doctor Octopus 215
Heat Wave 110

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion