Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old June 20th, 2009, 08:47 AM

Teh_Marro_Child Woo who?
Heroscape deaths?

So I was on the HS official sight yesterday, reading the Bios and thought hits me. With all these heroes in an all out war, its safe to assume that there would be casualties. But who? We can guess that Drake and Raelin are alive due to their SotM remakes, but what of other ROtV heroes? Why was Sonlen sent to battle the hive? Why not loveable Syvarris? the same for Major Q10 and Agent Carr. (From a storyline perspective. Obviously WotC just wanted more money) Have our Legolas look-alike and Morpheus Jr. bitten the dust? Or are all the important (unique) Heroes and Squads still alive with only commons officially dying? If the latter, then is Heroscape just a giant Saturday morning cartoon?

Your thoughts on the subject please.

Please. If something like this has already been posted don't spend 3 pages telling me. post a link and let the thread die.

If the Marro werent so epic they wouldn't have put them on the attack die
The bigger they are the harder you have to hit them before they fall
My Customs
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:13 AM

Majai of Dreams is surprisingly tart
Re: Heroscape deaths?

I always pictured it like a Saturday morning cartoon. Heroes get wounded and nearly die, but always pull through and take time off to nurse their wounds.
Or instead of dying a horrible and bloody death, they just go "poof" and return to the time they were summoned from.
The Heroscape animations linked from the website seemed to represent it best. The battle of Drake vs Krug for example, he slashed him lethally through his midsection and "poof" bye Krug.
However it is open for interpretation to be a cold hard death with several abilities out there. Poisonous Acid Breath or Gaze of Stone or Chomp, all seem pretty final to me.

So for some interpreters, they go "poof". But for others, they go splat...

Make sound effects when you play Heroscape! It is sometimes annoying, but always more fun!
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:41 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majai of Dreams View Post
I always pictured it like a Saturday morning cartoon. Heroes get wounded and nearly die, but always pull through and take time off to nurse their wounds.
Or instead of dying a horrible and bloody death, they just go "poof" and return to the time they were summoned from.
The Heroscape animations linked from the website seemed to represent it best. The battle of Drake vs Krug for example, he slashed him lethally through his midsection and "poof" bye Krug.
However it is open for interpretation to be a cold hard death with several abilities out there. Poisonous Acid Breath or Gaze of Stone or Chomp, all seem pretty final to me.

Dang, if they *poof* back to their own time, wouldn't it be tot he point just before they were supposed to die anyway? It would really suck having to experience near death, be pulled away to another war, then experience death there, and finally experience the first death you knew was coming. It would really put a crimp in my day, that's for sure.
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooblar View Post
Quote:

Dang, if they *poof* back to their own time, wouldn't it be tot he point just before they were supposed to die anyway? It would really suck having to experience near death, be pulled away to another war, then experience death there, and finally experience the first death you knew was coming. It would really put a crimp in my day, that's for sure.

That's why they fight so hard. Drake knows that if he lets Grimnak chomp him, he is going to wind up back in the trench with a grenade 2 feet from him.

Make sound effects when you play Heroscape! It is sometimes annoying, but always more fun!
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:54 AM

Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby! Ace Histoli rolls all skulls baby!

I've always liked to think that they can be re-summoned through the power of the wellsprings somehow. This is Valhalla, after all -- the afterlife in which you fight to the death every day & then rise from the dead at sundown, just in time to party all night... Coolest afterlife EVER, by the way! Those Vikings knew how to make religion appealing
This also fits with the way we play -- I've only played a few times, but Mimring has already died in multiple ways. How many times have some of you guys seen him bite the dust by now?

Eagerly awaiting March of 2017 & August of 2019, when my little Grimnaks achieve the recommended minimum age for Master Rules...
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Don't even need the search function for this one; it was made only a few days ago.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=25559

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:56 AM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker

According to my group, our heroes "strategically retreat". Basically, they receive too many wounds and leave the field. I mean, c'mon, how else do they appear in game after game? Then of course, we often play that they actually die... Which we usually make pretty graphic.
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rS0n1c View Post
Don't even need the search function for this one; it was made only a few days ago.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=25559

I do not feel they are the same post. I definitely see it as a variant on a theme. The previous post is, "how does the attacker do it?", while this thread is, "what happens to the unit on the receiving end afterwards?"

They do tie in as similar though, you could argue that this is a follow up to that discussion.
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:28 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Histoli View Post
I've always liked to think that they can be re-summoned through the power of the wellsprings somehow. This is Valhalla, after all -- the afterlife in which you fight to the death every day & then rise from the dead at sundown, just in time to party all night... Coolest afterlife EVER, by the way! Those Vikings knew how to make religion appealing
This also fits with the way we play -- I've only played a few times, but Mimring has already died in multiple ways. How many times have some of you guys seen him bite the dust by now?

I like the Valhalla parallel -it fits! But I would argue that it is the "Coolest afterlife EVER" only for the warriors. For everybody else (the women, the slaves, etc.) it isn't so cool - an eternity of drudgery and servitude seeing to the needs of those party animals.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:40 PM

Teh_Marro_Child Woo who?

Quote:
For the target age gorup "Poof" would be better then "Splat". I still make splat/squish sounds when I kill an opponent though

My Customs
Old June 20th, 2009, 02:29 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Here is my answer....

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 20th, 2009, 02:51 PM

Teh_Marro_Child Woo who?

Yes it is only a game. But the game has more to it then colourful hexagons, 2 inch figures, and dice. We are only discussing a different part of this game that we find an amusing conversational topic. If you disagre then please just say "I disagree" or better yet don't post at all.

My Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion