Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old June 3rd, 2011, 09:12 AM

Mavrack Woo who?
Re: Collection Guide 2: Quantities (Updated with D1)

Reported

Awesome traders: dart48, skitzogryphon
Trade List Jandar's Siege Map Thread
I haz a secretz message
Old October 13th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is a great guide, I have used it a bunch of times when choosing what units to try to aquire next. Will you be updating to add your suggestions for wave 14? I know it would look cool to have a few dozen Gnits zerging another army
Old October 18th, 2011, 12:01 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Toad Rocket you forgot to update Orgre and Goblins from 2-5 to 3-5. Hope this helps. If you have any other changes let us know. Your guide had been very helpful to us here

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old August 22nd, 2015, 02:16 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Collection Guide 2: Quantities (Fully Updated)

This has been quite helpful for me. Its good to know the general ratio that a given squad has when collected by those seeking a playable, yet not overly large set.

I was convinced from my own research that very few units exist that I would want or need 6 of. I'm a firm believer in having a ceiling when it comes to collecting.

This article helped greatly decide that I can have an average of 3 squads of any given type, and have a fulfilling game collection.
Old August 22nd, 2015, 03:15 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I dunno; a very good case can be made for 6, 7 or more sets of venocs, dividers, zombies, and drones. These are all low cost, 3-member, common squads who's special ability increases in value the more you have on the board. 7 sets takes 21 hexes still leaving points and space to add supporting heroes in a 24 hex match.

Edit - I also used to think 3 was enough, but have slowly changed my mind.
Common squads that I have as few as 3: groks, Templar, Imperium, obsidian, granite, dzu-teh, quasatch. (the last few can proxy one for the other if need be)Everything else is 4 or more with the zombies being the most at 8.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 23rd, 2015 at 11:23 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2015, 04:34 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I dunno; a very good case can be made for 6, 7 or more sets of venocs, dividers, zombies, and drones. These are all low cost, 3-member, common squads who's special ability increases in value the more you have on the board. 7 sets takes 21 hexes still leaving points and space to add supporting heroes in a 24 hex match.

Edit - I also used to think 3 was enough, but have slowly changed my mind.
Common squads that I have as few as 3: groks, Templar, Imperium, obsidian, granite, dzu-teh, quasatch. (the last few can proxy one for the other if need be)Everything else is 4 or more with the zombies being the most at 8.
The qualifying statement in my last sentence being "average"

Of course many units are better in larger amounts, or at least more fun.
But some barely warrant 2, let alone 3. Templar knights I'm quite comfortable never owning. The cost, both monetarily and in points combined with their stats make them a no brained nonbuy. Despite looking cool.
Obsidians get repainted as granites by default, as a public service.
Old September 17th, 2015, 03:11 PM

ifstream Woo who?

I do not play competitively so I agree 3 is the most you need in most cases. I have now put together several custom units to play with.
Old February 8th, 2016, 11:59 PM

warriorpriest Woo who?

Thank you for this. As a beginner to collecting these I feel a little overwhelmed.
Old February 9th, 2016, 08:46 AM

ekoxe1 is surprisingly tart

Remember that you can very easily use the wrong minis when playing casually. I like to have the different units so I did end up getting a Knights of Weston, a Sacred Band, a roman Legion, a warforged soldiers etc.

if I want to make an army thats listed as 4 x knights of weston I just use all those figures and say "they are all knights of weston". Problem solved. I can also play 4 x sacred band, 4 x romans, 4 x warforged, whatever.

Especially if you use figures of a similar size/form theres really no problem doing that, as far as I can see (I intend to play with my kids so theres really no problem). I have started to buy some doubles, but right now I am putting a limit on no more than 2 of any squad, until I get to a point (which might never come) of wanting to try a "sanctioned" army then I might buy 4 or 5 of a specific squad, but I dont see that ever happening.

I did end up getting all the dragons (I proxied Zelrig with a DnD blue dragon for a bit), but I could just as easily have used one dragon for all of them and just used the approprate card, and stuck some hexes under them when I need to check height/line of sight.

Additionally, just because 6 squads of something is best, doesnt mean you need to get 6 of everything, just pick a type of army you like, my kids love the vipers but theyre just as happy to see 2 squads of vipers, and a group of greenscales and we just use the rules card as though theyre all vipers.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units