Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old November 7th, 2014, 02:29 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Story Behind Your Username/Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
I got my user name from a lonely little Roman archer, my last miniature on the board. He killed a two life Krug, and a legend was born. When I decided to make my user name, I decided to honor him. Orgersbane. One misspelling later, and you get orgsbane! Close enough

My avatar is Sirus fighting a dragon, from the incredibly awesome Infinity Blade games. Also, the dragon is wearing a santa hat cause I'm to lazy to change. It'll work out in my favor soon enough!
That's funny, I always thought that you meant it to be "orgsbane" in reference to an "org," which is a monster that made it's appearance in Edition 2 of D&D.

~JS
Old November 7th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

My name is Ollie and I'm a bespectacled lion.
Old November 7th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

USERNAME. Back in high school, I created an encryption algorithm from scratch. This was before I understood how bad of an idea such a thing was. I had named one of the functions xor_lof, "xor" being the logical operator known as "exclusive or" and "lof" being some sort of abbreviation for what the function acted on; I don't remember the details.

I reflected on how similar the function name was Zorlof, the name of a word processor I had used for the TRS-80 series of computers:

After doing my best to ensure that "xorlof" was (at the time) globally unique, including fairly extensive searches of
FidoNet FidoNet
, Veronica,
Archie Archie
, and
WAIS WAIS
, I started using it (and my younger brother decided to start using Zorlof...grrr!) Notice there were no web searches because at the time the web was pretty tiny. WebCrawler might have been around, but I don't remember using it for this most important task. Also, I don't think I had good, comprehensive Usenet access at the time, but even if I did, I don't think there would have been a good way to search the current group of messages.

IMAGE. I use various Smurfs for my avatar image because they're Smurfy. Duh!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old November 7th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
My name is Ollie and I'm a bespectacled lion.
Whoa, I blinked and I almost missed that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
A bit of personal backstory: As a teenager I thought smurfs were pretty much the nadir of popular culture. The cartoons offered nothing as meaningful narrative or as any kind of art - visual, storytelling, audio - and I just thought they were awful. So I melted a bit of one with a light bulb. Yes! I was a delinquent!

No offense, Xorlof.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 7th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
A bit of personal backstory: As a teenager I thought smurfs were pretty much the nadir of popular culture. The cartoons offered nothing as meaningful narrative or as any kind of art - visual, storytelling, audio - and I just thought they were awful.
Blasphemy!

Quote:
So I melted a bit of one with a light bulb.
Sacrilege!

Burn him at the stake!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Last edited by Xorlof; November 7th, 2014 at 03:46 PM. Reason: If you repent, we'll make sure the fire is extra hot so it consumes you quickly.
Old November 7th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Quote:
I got my user name from a lonely little Roman archer, my last miniature on the board. He killed a two life Krug, and a legend was born. When I decided to make my user name, I decided to honor him. Orgersbane. One misspelling later, and you get orgsbane! Close enough

My avatar is Sirus fighting a dragon, from the incredibly awesome Infinity Blade games. Also, the dragon is wearing a santa hat cause I'm to lazy to change. It'll work out in my favor soon enough!
That's funny, I always thought that you meant it to be "orgsbane" in reference to an "org," which is a monster that made it's appearance in Edition 2 of D&D.

~JS
Yeaaaah. It was a clever and obscure reference. Cause I'm cool like that good catch
Old November 7th, 2014, 07:24 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
A bit of personal backstory: As a teenager I thought smurfs were pretty much the nadir of popular culture. The cartoons offered nothing as meaningful narrative or as any kind of art - visual, storytelling, audio - and I just thought they were awful.
Blasphemy!

Quote:
So I melted a bit of one with a light bulb.
Sacrilege!

Burn him at the stake!
Brought this conversation to mind from Monty Python
Spoiler Alert!

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old November 7th, 2014, 08:34 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
USERNAME. Back in high school, I created an encryption algorithm from scratch. This was before I understood how bad of an idea such a thing was. I had named one of the functions xor_lof, "xor" being the logical operator known as "exclusive or" and "lof" being some sort of abbreviation for what the function acted on; I don't remember the details.

I reflected on how similar the function name was Zorlof, the name of a word processor I had used for the TRS-80 series of computers:

After doing my best to ensure that "xorlof" was (at the time) globally unique, including fairly extensive searches of FidoNet, Veronica, Archie, and WAIS, I started using it (and my younger brother decided to start using Zorlof...grrr!) Notice there were no web searches because at the time the web was pretty tiny. WebCrawler might have been around, but I don't remember using it for this most important task. Also, I don't think I had good, comprehensive Usenet access at the time, but even if I did, I don't think there would have been a good way to search the current group of messages.

The mystery that has dominated my thoughts for the last year has been solved! Hallelujah!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Quote:

~JS
Yeaaaah. It was a clever and obscure reference. Cause I'm cool like that good catch
Haha! Too late to cover it up. Your secret is out.

~JS
Old December 3rd, 2014, 06:20 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

If you have ever seen me; you would understand.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old December 3rd, 2014, 10:25 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

My username is Not User Name because I am a rebel.

My picture is one of the few I have on photobucket. Someday I'll find something clever and relating to Not User Name type things.
Old December 4th, 2014, 02:27 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

My user name is my default name for anything fantasy. Yeshua is the Hebrew form of my name and it means "The Lord Saves." It also sounds cool and fits in a fantasy setting.

My avatar is one of my favorite video game characters of all time: Joshua from Fire Emblem Sacred Stones. In addition to being one of the best units in the game, he has a great personality and backstory. The fact that we have the same name and I'm a redhead is completely unrelated, I swear...
Old December 4th, 2014, 03:55 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Yeshua View Post
My avatar is one of my favorite video game characters of all time: Joshua from Fire Emblem Sacred Stones. In addition to being one of the best units in the game, he has a great personality and backstory. The fact that we have the same name and I'm a redhead is completely unrelated, I swear...
I seriously doubt that you are of royal blood however.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General