Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 15th, 2008, 09:48 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Marro Drudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccombju View Post
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to killercactus again.
Very interesting observation, killercactus.

If I were to venture an opinion on the Krav/Raelin/Drudge x6 army, I would suggest that you need a Q9 killer/heavy hitter more than you need the Krav (or 2-3 squads of Drudge).

I'm sure you could find a way to fit in any of the following cleanup/heavy hitters:
- Kaemon Awa [remove 2 Drudge squads or the Krav]
- Sgt. Drake (SotM) [remove Krav & 1 Drudge or 3 Drudge]
- Agent Carr [remove Krav]
- Sonlen [remove Krav & 1 Drudge or 3 Drudge]
Yeah, Q9 is the real pain for that army. And actually, it's only 480 points... I think I was using the New Raelin for a 520 build. At 500, you could play Raelin, Kaemon, Drudge x6 or Raelin, Krav, Zetacron, Drudge x5, Isamu. The Kaemon variant seems nice because it has a special attack.

The main reason for using the Krav is to draw the opponent in, so that once they actually die, I can swarm them with all those Drudge (18 ranged figures is a lot to kill, especially when half of their army is on the other side of the board and mine isn't).

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 16th, 2008, 12:05 AM

Thorgrim has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
They really help my fave army out.

2X Obsidian Gaurds
2X Dzu Teh
3X Marro Drudge

Cross your fingers for a board with one of the 3.
Nice to see I'm not the only one who likes combining Drudge and Dzu-Teh. I make most of the maps for my group, and I throw in a snowy swamp every so often so I can play them together.
Why not? I like this army because I use all the terrain I can, and sometimes I make what I call Terramorph maps, where I get lazy and don't color code things naturally. Usually they involve few master sets, so it's all road, swamp, swamp water & Lava and such.
Old December 28th, 2009, 01:55 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

I won a 10 player (535pt) tournament on Sunday. The tourney required at least one C- or worse unit. I decided to use not just one, but 5 squads worth.

My army was:
Marro Drudge x5
Marro Hive
Airborne Elite
Otonashi

Now I'm not going to lie and say that the Drudge were the reason I won. They certainly weren't. The Airborne Elite were the main factor in 4 out of my 5 games (no losses and 1 tie in a very exciting game).

However, I was very pleased with the Drudge overall. Two maps out of 6 were swamp- one was a standard swamp/jungle map, and the other a castle structure built over some swamp, so I was zipping all over the place with the Drudge (plus the Airborne Elite did their jobs well too). That 10 move and +1atk/def is HUGE. Plus the Hive regenerating let's say 50% of the fallen... I was definitely annoying on the swamp maps.

Anyway... just wanted to share this success with a very Drudge-heavy army. Oh, and I never used Otonashi once. >.>

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old December 28th, 2009, 01:58 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwing17 View Post
I won a 10 player (535pt) tournament on Sunday. The tourney required at least one C- or worse unit. I decided to use not just one, but 5 squads worth.

My army was:
Marro Drudge x5
Marro Hive
Airborne Elite
Otonashi

Now I'm not going to lie and say that the Drudge were the reason I won. They certainly weren't. The Airborne Elite were the main factor in 4 out of my 5 games (no losses and 1 tie in a very exciting game).

However, I was very pleased with the Drudge overall. Two maps out of 6 were swamp- one was a standard swamp/jungle map, and the other a castle structure built over some swamp, so I was zipping all over the place with the Drudge (plus the Airborne Elite did their jobs well too). That 10 move and +1atk/def is HUGE. Plus the Hive regenerating let's say 50% of the fallen... I was definitely annoying on the swamp maps.

Anyway... just wanted to share this success with a very Drudge-heavy army. Oh, and I never used Otonashi once. >.>
Did your tourney not have Starting Zone restrictions? That army takes up 26 hexes.

Still though, congrats on a victory with the Drudge! That gets props from me.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old December 28th, 2009, 03:14 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

I think 26 was the limit. Thanks, too- it was definitely fun. I planned to be annoying and maybe surprise with a win or two.. but it worked out pretty well. My two toughest matchups happened to be on the swamp maps.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:11 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melwing17 View Post

My army was:
Marro Drudge x5
Marro Hive
Airborne Elite
Otonashi

Did your tourney not have Starting Zone restrictions? That army takes up 26 hexes.

Still though, congrats on a victory with the Drudge! That gets props from me.
The A.E. don't require starting zone spaces.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old December 28th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKIE View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but all "drop" powers require empty starting zone spaces. This inclue the Rechets of Bogden as well as the Airborne Elite, and will include anything else that doesn't start on the board. At least, these are the tournament rules that are used at GenCon, and at any tournament I've played in. I believe they are also in the FAQ.

Old December 28th, 2009, 10:15 PM

True- the tourney happened to be 26 spaces anyway.

Old December 29th, 2009, 04:32 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKIE View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but all "drop" powers require empty starting zone spaces. This inclue the Rechets of Bogden as well as the Airborne Elite, and will include anything else that doesn't start on the board. At least, these are the tournament rules that are used at GenCon, and at any tournament I've played in. I believe they are also in the FAQ.
Taeblewalker is exactly right about this.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 05:33 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

After the many years the Drudge have been out, they have recieved much scorn. This is understandable in that that their brethren the Stingers and the Warriors are both consitently better than them. But it should be worth noting that the marro swarm is a major fear force. But maybe there are ways to descibe the Marro Drudge other than "filler marro to be coupled with Hive" even though that is a respectable way to use them. They can be helpful in their own ways and as most of us know, they only get better in swamp water. I have seen that them move across a swamp map so fast, not even the Groks can catch them(who may be my next bumped book character)! With proper analysis, they can be easily used as glyph holders in the beginning of a game(they may not be particularly durable but they'll do for now) and on a swamp water map, they only get much better much faster! If there happen to be extras, place them near high profile figures that your foe will start to target. Suicide? Not exactly, your opponet will have to target one or the other. Your foe will have to choose which to strike at; the cheap squaddie or the big cheese. Depending on how your opponent plays you can forsee their choice. If you know that they are a big gambler, the big guy will take an attack. Then use your drudge to swarm around the attacker and well strike back with 3 attacks. This tends to put your foe into the holy crap state of mind and if your marros grab height/swamp water, the attacker is going down. If your opponent attacks the Drudge, no harm done. Your hero can live for another turn and gladly crush the opposition. Every "wasted" figure in these 2 examples only serve to do what the drudge do best, strike your foes without them knowing they are in the hospital until its too late. Because of this, the Drudge have proven at least to me that they are better than they look. Try them out with a heavy-hitter or a lower defense hero next game you play, it only takes 2 squads(or 1 even).

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 06:06 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

I have used their long range movement ability well on the right map. You are also right about grabbing glyphs early. If the glyph is on swamp water the Drudge's Defense of 3 is comparable to many other fast units that might hold glyphs. They can often get to such a glyph faster than the Move 6 units. Just be sure to send out something else, as you state, to force a choice on the opponent - take out the relatively inoffensive but glyph-holding Drudge, or deal with the bigger threat while letting thge Drudge keep the glyphs.

Old July 3rd, 2010, 07:00 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

I'm a fan of using all the different figures...only then will you get a feel of how to use them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units