Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: What date works for you?
September 13th only 5 55.56%
September 20th only 1 11.11%
Either date will work for me 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 23rd, 2008, 07:30 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: DFW - North Texas Shootout - Sept 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Hey, Dignan, are we using the rule that units that start the game off the board (AE, Retchets) still count toward the starting zone total?

Nope, your starting zone only limits how many units you can place at the setup. If you had 14 spaces worth of figures and the AE, you would still get to use all of your units.
Hey Dignan, see above. Is this ruling still in effect? How did you guys play Retchets last Tuesday?

Also, I'm iffy on either day. It depends on what time you want to do the event.
Yeah, that rule is still in effect. It didn't matter with DrL's army as he was no where near the limit on spaces.
Old October 24th, 2008, 12:15 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: DFW - North Texas Shootout - December 6th

Given the nature of this event, would it be in poor form to bring less than 300 pts? Having less points on the board compared to other players and games, might create some sort of slight advantage or skewing of the numbers.

I got a build that is at 290 and 14 hexes, but I got to thinking that it might be questionable to come in with less points.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old October 24th, 2008, 01:13 PM

neo0149 Woo who?

sup fellas... so theres another tourney on Dec. 6 or 13? do yall know the details yet? like points and stuff yet? ill talk to my peeps about making another trip up there.

Good Traders Just_a_Bill

===>NEO_0149<===
Old October 24th, 2008, 01:16 PM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Look at the first page of this thread; specs are there. It will be a smaller event for sure.

Old October 24th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Given the nature of this event, would it be in poor form to bring less than 300 pts? Having less points on the board compared to other players and games, might create some sort of slight advantage or skewing of the numbers.

I got a build that is at 290 and 14 hexes, but I got to thinking that it might be questionable to come in with less points.
I never even thought of that.

I think the folks we play with are above doing something like that on purpose--I'm not sure it would even be that much help using less points, but a minimum point value may not be a bad idea.

280? It seems like 280 should a be pretty easy number to hit no matter army/general you're building.

Hey Neo! These 3-4 player games are a lot of fun, but it can be a little confusing figuring out the rules sometimes. After you read the first post, if you have any questions throw them out here.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again!
Old October 24th, 2008, 01:30 PM

neo0149 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post

I never even thought of that.

I think the folks we play with are above doing something like that on purpose--I'm not sure it would even be that much help using less points, but a minimum point value may not be a bad idea.

280? It seems like 280 should a be pretty easy number to hit no matter army/general you're building.

Hey Neo! These 3-4 player games are a lot of fun, but it can be a little confusing figuring out the rules sometimes. After you read the first post, if you have any questions throw them out here.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again!
ya man. dicemaster told me about how yall played this. so i kinda get it. the hard part is gonna be getting my peeps to go up there. steve (alistair macdirk) might not wanna go cause its a smaller tourney. but me...im down for scape anytime anywhere, no matter how big or small. so ill do some convincing and well see what happens. man i had a blast last time. keep up the good work fellas.

Good Traders Just_a_Bill

===>NEO_0149<===
Old October 24th, 2008, 01:32 PM

Just so you know neo, the NHSD event was an exception. Most of our events are not that big of a todo.

Old October 24th, 2008, 01:36 PM

neo0149 Woo who?

ya i know... i dont care the size, as long as there is some scaping going on. im down. but that is where it gets hard to convince my friends. Steve is the one with the hybrid, thats why its a major deal to convice him. we spen like 50 bucks on gas round trip. compared to 100 or more in my car. so hes a major deciding factor on whether or not my girl will let me go.

Good Traders Just_a_Bill

===>NEO_0149<===
Old October 24th, 2008, 11:56 PM

neo0149 Woo who?

ok fellas... so im here building some 300 pt armies. and i thought about the wolves of badru... how would it work if i attacked with a pounce special attack and didnt kill the opponent. would those points go to the defender or would they just drop or even better, would they go to me!?!?!? lol

Good Traders Just_a_Bill

===>NEO_0149<===
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Man this came up and I just don't remember what was decided.

I think you're opponent gets the points.

Dignan will know.

Hey if you can't make this one there is a team tournament in February that has about 30-40 folks. That may be big enough for MacDirk...
Old October 25th, 2008, 12:30 AM

neo0149 Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
Man this came up and I just don't remember what was decided.

I think you're opponent gets the points.

Dignan will know.

Hey if you can't make this one there is a team tournament in February that has about 30-40 folks. That may be big enough for MacDirk...
lol ya i know. we are for sure gonna make that one. well i was thinking about it. and if gas prices continue to drop i can probly make it up without macdirk. probly bring my girl and possibly the other viking that was with me to play. oh ya and also, are there any set maps for this tourny yet?

Good Traders Just_a_Bill

===>NEO_0149<===
Old October 25th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Super Doopa

I have played on about 5 or 6 different 3/4 player maps that Dignan has made. They have been slowly evolving as we play on them each week getting a little smaller and with different (set) glyph placement.

All the maps have been amazing, but Dignan hasn't uploaded/posted any of them yet.

Soon, I am told. I think he wants to get them pretty set before he puts them out for the world to see.

Looking forward to seeing you and all the vikings.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events