Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape
C3G SuperScape A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Notices

Old March 18th, 2019, 02:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The C3G Cave - Hangout

So you're not looking for a traditional RPG? More of an AI system for solo ?

Edit: Fallout Wasteland Warfare has an AI system so that each unit can be played by a player normally or as enemies controlled by an AI. The AI is based on each character having an AI card. The card has a grid with like 12 results. It goes 3 across based on range of wounds it has. Going down, it's based on die roll results with special die. So on that figure's turn, you roll the die and check the result against the wounds and see which box in the grid it is and apply the results shown in the box.

So it may attack nearest opponent within LoS, or it might move towards the nearest enemy. The scenario might name one character as a target, so there could be a AI box that has the character attack or move towards the named target. Or there may be a scenario specific objective and an AI box could say to move towards the objective. Etc.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; March 18th, 2019 at 03:49 PM.
Old March 18th, 2019, 03:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I'm not really interested in an RPG that would require a GM/DM to run it. I'd be interested in an RPG that felt more like a video game, where you're led through the story and can upgrade characters as you go.

I think the big thing with Heroscape is there are such specific and complex special powers to account for (also, the Order Markers).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 18th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I'm not really interested in an RPG that would require a GM/DM to run it. I'd be interested in an RPG that felt more like a video game, where you're led through the story and can upgrade characters as you go.

I think the big thing with Heroscape is there are such specific and complex special powers to account for (also, the Order Markers).
See my edited addition to my previous post? Some AI ideas.

Difficulty with Heroscape, is static stats for characters, as well as abilities. To make it more of an RPG, stats would need to adjustable. There would have to be more abilities available to the characters beyond there current ones. Seems to need a bit more than plugging C3G figures as into different battles after reading some scenario narrative.

Old March 18th, 2019, 04:14 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You could play one game with Batman I, then the next game with Batman II, then a 3rd game with Batman III. Change Robins from game 1 to game 2 as well. Superman also has a I, II, & III card you could structure a campaign around.

Trying to 'level up' a character that only has 1 card to choose from would be hard to do though. Just adding 1 to att./def./life when they 'level up' can result in a pretty big game impact for some cards.

Maybe start the game with some -1 att./def./life markers and place them on the card of your hero? Then after each match, you can remove one of the -1 markers each time you 'level up' so that by the end of the campaign you have the card you drafted playing at full strength.
Old March 18th, 2019, 04:20 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nah. Leveling up could be done with equipment glyphs and rerolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 18th, 2019, 04:28 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
True, for simplicity that could work. But still getting improved , so have to balance that with more difficult enemies.

Old March 18th, 2019, 04:42 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Spell additions, ally additions, heck, even VDO additions, could all help. Equipment glyphs were definitely something I thought of for this. Maybe it's less individual character upgrades and more army upgrades?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 18th, 2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Maybe start the game with some -1 att./def./life markers and place them on the card of your hero? Then after each match, you can remove one of the -1 markers each time you 'level up' so that by the end of the campaign you have the card you drafted playing at full strength.
I think there's potential there. You could also pair this with nullification markers that are placed on some of your special powers, so you don't get fully powered up until you level up.

Old March 18th, 2019, 05:13 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

I think my approach for "heroscape campaign play with leveling up" would be a gradually increasing pool of small consumable effects like rerolls, initiative bonuses, turning a blank into a skull/shield, cancelling a wound, etc. Rather than messing with stats, this just gives you more consistency versus luck, and I think would be much easier to balance. A figure that relies on special attacks, for instance, cares a lot less about a reduced or increased attack number than a figure that relies on multiple normal attacks would.
Old March 18th, 2019, 05:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like quozl's idea of having your heroes earn a certain number of re-roll chances (markers?) as they level up, that they can then spend during each game going forward to re-roll some dice. Either one single die or re-roll the whole roll. That could be akin to gaining more experience. The more experienced you become, the more likely you don't make mistakes or are clutch in the moment.
Old March 18th, 2019, 05:22 PM

Kinda like DnD Inspiration. I like that. I think acquiring glyphs, spells, etc., unlocking new characters, and acquiring rerolls would be the way to go. Then make the scenarios in the campaign run off A.I.s based on scenario-specific decks of cards.

Old March 18th, 2019, 06:50 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

Anyone familiar with the Castle Ravenloft/Wrath of Ashardalon/Legend of Drizzt (and a couple more in the same series) board games? I think the AI system in that could potentially serve as a template for a heroscape campaign AI.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape