Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old December 21st, 2018, 01:37 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Book of Talingul

The Book of Talingul

C3V Wave 8 (Wave 21) - Curse of Stormtorn Peak – Heroes of the Moonlight Vale

Printer-Friendly PDF

The figure used for this unit is from the Mage Knight Dungeons Heroic Quests: The Citadel set. Its model name is Captain Salidar.

Quote:
MASTER OF GREAT CONSTRUCTS
After revealing an Order Marker on Talingul, instead of taking that turn with Talingul, you may take a turn with up to two large or huge Construct Heroes you control. A figure taking a turn with Master of Great Constructs must be within 8 clear sight spaces of Talingul before moving.

CHARACTER BIO:
Constructs are mindless by nature, and easily controllable. Kurrok does as much to his Elemental minions, and now Utgar has summoned a sorcerer to harness the power of the great constructs. Elementals and Golems alike now serve the every whim of this great magician.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: When using Master of Great Constructs, do I take 2 separate turns with the constructs, or do the 2 together take a turn with a Movement phase and an Attack phase?
    A: Two separate turns. Unlike a squad, each construct takes a full turn, independently of any other activated on that Order Marker.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
    As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, Talingul may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
  • TORIN : Evil Eye Protection
    As a medium Utgar figure, Talingul may be protected by Torin's Evil Eye.

Synergy Benefits Offered

Synergy Imposed
  • TOMB SKELETONS/TOMB SKELETON ARCHERS : SKELETAL FORM
    The Tomb Skeletons and Tomb Skeleton Archers cannot receive their defense bonus from SKELETAL FORM against Clerics & Wizards.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-

TBD

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index

Quote:
His true power will take a while to become clear, but I suspect the construct build will come to be feared. A-
Unit Strategy Review

TBD

Last edited by bmon; July 2nd, 2021 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Added Breach
Old December 21st, 2018, 11:31 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Talingul

The Ornak entry still refers to Kurrok.

Nice pic at the bottom, is that yours?
Old December 21st, 2018, 11:38 AM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
The Ornak entry still refers to Kurrok.

Nice pic at the bottom, is that yours?
Thanks SF. Text fixed. The picture is mine, taken last night. I love how this guy looks among the big constructs.
Old December 21st, 2018, 12:57 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Army Ideas Options:
Talingul = 100
Augamo = 155
Avernus = 135
Boreos = 110
Breach = 145?
Iron Golem (Un) = 100
Greater Ice Elemental (Un) = 130
Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior = 130
Rhogar Dragonspine = 110
Raelin / Kelda / Deathreavers X 2 = 80
Personally I think the best army (at 520) is:
Talingul
Boreos
Greater Ice Elemental
Iron Golem
Raelin / Kelda / Deathreavers X 2
If you have more points change GIE or Iron Golem for Breach or Augamo. I also think healers Rhogar or Kelda or Calibrax are valid options with them as a pack of unique heroes. Keep the healers nearby Talingul and at least one construct and, even if he/she dies first before healing, the enemy is concentrating on them first and leaves the constructs alone to do max damage.

Last edited by lefton4ya; October 12th, 2020 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Updated Avernus link and points
Old December 21st, 2018, 01:04 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I think it's usually a mistake to take Talingul without Boreos.
Old December 21st, 2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Care to elaborate? I would assume it is for the ability of Boreos picking up and moving Talingul for free early repositioning? Seems like a strong utility power especially for this synergy.
Old December 21st, 2018, 01:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Quote:
Care to elaborate? I would assume it is for the ability of Boreos picking up and moving Talingul for free early repositioning? Seems like a strong utility power especially for this synergy.
Yep.

You can move Talingul around and stop him from being engaged by melee.

Boreos also can be the first activation, and move Talingul to where he can see the construct you want to go second. This allows you to move Augamo or another construct to the other side of a glacier or a ruin without stranding him.

Overall, Boreos just adds flexibility and acts as a pseudo-screen.
Old May 28th, 2019, 03:32 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The C3V Rules Team would like to add the following R&C:
Quote:
Q: When using Master of Great Constructs, do I take 2 separate turns with the constructs, or do the 2 together take a turn with a Movement phase and an Attack phase?
A: Two separate turns. Unlike a squad, each construct takes a full turn, independently of any other activated on that Order Marker.
Old May 29th, 2019, 12:01 PM

Added to the R&C. Thanks!
Old May 29th, 2019, 01:05 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

At a tournament a couple months ago in Louisville I played Talingul and did really well as I felt if I played a little better I could have went undefeated against some great players & armies:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Next tournament is Mar. 9:
555 points, 24 figures, VC allowed, no Marvel, no Realin RotV.
It has been requested we update this format with "must include at least 5 Generals"; so it has been done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Since 2 of the 5 other players brought Small Elementals, I decided to use Large Elementals/Constructs:

Unit General Points
Talingul Utgar 100 (thanks @Phantom for borrow)
Boreos Jandar 115
Iron Golem Vydar 100
Augamo Vydar 155
Martial La Hire Einar 70
Bol Aquilla 10

Overall I liked the army. Unlike small elemental army where if Kurrok dies early game (like what happened in my match-up against Sawyer where he practically forfeited after this happened) you are not totally SOL when Talingul dies, as @NecroBlade killed him about 1/2 through the game and my Heroes were still powerful enough on their own, I just had to be more strategic on where I placed my order markers. I lost to Necroblade who had 1 life left on Major Q9 (after using healing glyph when he had 3 wounds) and if I had put more order markers on Iron Golum to kill Major Q9 before he got the healing glyph instead of on Augumo and Martial La Hire to kill rats first, I could have won. I did loose to @Mr_Chompy as he played well with his Wrymlings keeping them out of range just enough to whittle my heroes down with mostly normal attacks faster than I could kill his Wrymlings, but honestly him holding the wound glyph the entire game is what really won it. I should have used BOL to kill is lone Black Wrymling on the wound glyph towards the end of the game, and I might have won that as well.

I went 2-2 for the day with 2 close losses and two huge wins, but felt I could have went undefeated if I just played better, so I am still learning after all these years.
Old February 24th, 2020, 02:48 PM

@bmon Add new SoV inductee to synergy for LARGE/HUGE CONSTRUCTS:
Lilja

Now there is a good 505 point army:
Talingul
Boreos
Lija
Iron Golem
Raelin / Kelda / Deathreavers X 2
Old February 27th, 2020, 03:05 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

It looks like he becomes quite strong at the ~600pt. range when you can easily add rats x3, or even mess around with a 4th squad or MW.

I wish you had the option of bonding with 1 construct and also taking a turn with Talingul. Go with a construct and use it to screen Talingul while he shoots. I don't know if that was tested or not, it might be too strong. I see there isn't a construct with range yet.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs