Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 18th, 2018, 09:01 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Sub-Zero (Breathing)

The dude's name is literally 'cold fast', so I assume you're chill with puns.
Old May 18th, 2018, 09:52 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Whichever we want, if we need to clarify. I don't have a strong opinion one way or another.
I don't especially care one way or another either, but it does need to be clear either way. There's a big difference between him subtracting -3 from someone's defense for one attack from himself and him subtracting -3 for his attack and then also 3 attacks by the Hand Ninja or what not.

The Player Turn version is probably too strong as it stands, especially since Ice Clone is also really powerful now, but if we wanted to let him retain some set-up ability you could keep the player turn bit but add in some kind of 'the next time that figure is attacked' language so it only works the first time that figure is attacked during that player turn. That's a lot more balanced and still gives him an easy synergy hook if we wanted to give Smoke and/or some generic Lin Kuei some sort of Assassin bonding type deal (or if someone just felt like 'reskinning' the hand ninja card as a Lin Kuei squad).

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old May 18th, 2018, 11:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Since he's got the auto-shield vs. all normal attacks I'd start his base def. out at 4 and see how he does. 5 + 1 + counter strike would make most melee normal attackers run in fear.

I do see what you are saying about the -2 def. power needing a d20 roll where others don't, so while I'm still leery of expanding our cast of defense modifiers to include more -3 guys I am okay with making it a little stronger than just the -2. I also struggle to visualize what is going on when he reveals the X and this the power would work better if we just did away with the X reveal aspect and saved that mechanic for a different use on another MK card. As for how to make it a bit stronger, I still think preventing d20 dodgers from just ignoring him would be a better than just more def. subtraction. Something like this seems more interesting and useful to me:

ICE BLAST 7
Before moving with Sub-Zero, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces without the Ice Resistance special power, and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 7 or higher, until the end of Sub-Zero's turn, the chosen figure subtracts 2 from its Defense number, may not move, and must subtract 4 from any twenty sided die they roll.
Old May 20th, 2018, 01:14 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Alright, I updated the SP to compromise with that approach, also with the wording to allow til the end of the player turn, or until the figure receives one or more wounds, to break the freeze of sorts.

The "X" mechanic is put into the Ice Clone Counter to gain the excess shields benefit, so we can leave his defense at 5.

All that updated, I propose a vote to move to Initial Playtesting.
@Ronin
@johnny139
@Yodaking
@SirGalahad
@Spidey'tilIDie
@Tornado
@japes
Old May 20th, 2018, 01:44 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Sub-Zero (Vote for Initial Playtesting)

yea
Old May 20th, 2018, 07:48 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yea
Old May 20th, 2018, 01:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like the changes other than a small typo in the first power.

YEA

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 20th, 2018, 02:30 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

@dok @Soundwarp SG-1 @Dysole @weebaer

Any concerns or testing suggestions?
Old May 20th, 2018, 04:05 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

The main thing is just to test his ability to set-up other people's attacks. So like Ms. Marvel and such that can get a follow-up turn after Subs, but not guys like Robot that give Subs the follow-up turn.

My Etsy Store
Old May 20th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
The main thing is just to test his ability to set-up other people's attacks. So like Ms. Marvel and such that can get a follow-up turn after Subs, but not guys like Robot that give Subs the follow-up turn.
Hand Ninja as well, obviously.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 20th, 2018, 07:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The change to the defense power looks good. Not sure how I feel about the freeze effects lasting until they take a wound now as it means you can just freeze an unengaged melee figure and never attack them to take them out of the game for a while, plus the d20 powers that are not defensive in nature are more likely to not be thematically effected by being frozen.
Old May 20th, 2018, 07:55 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

It’s until the end of the player turn or they take a wound, it can’t effect anything the enemy figure feels like doing on their turn either way.

My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library