Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 18th, 2009, 07:12 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Feral Troll

The Book of Feral Troll

Master Set III - Battle for the Underdark

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus "character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: TBA

A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth
From the Glossary:

Uncommon Figures: Each Army may have any number of an Uncommon Army Card with the same name. If your army has two or more of the same Uncommon Army Card, you must keep those figures separate (that is, keep track of which figure belongs to which card). For example, if you are using two Feral Trolls, you must clearly mark each Feral Troll figure and a matching Feral Troll Army Card so you can tell which Feral Troll is being activated by which Order Markers and which Wound Markers belong to which Feral Troll. Uncommon figures are considered to be Unique figures in every other way. See also: Army Card, Unique Figures, and Common Figures.

The master set includes a colored sticker sheet. It is suggested that when you have more than one of an Uncommon Hero figure, you mark both the base of the figure and the corresponding Army Card with a matching color sticker so you can keep track of that figure when it’s on the battlefield.
Q. Uncommon Heroes: Shackling and Devouring:
Can an Uncommon Hero be Mindshackled/Soul-Devour-ed even if the an Uncommon Hero with the same army card is already part of my army?

A. Yes. Uncommon Heroes are treated like Unique Heroes in every way, EXCEPT that multiples may be drafted in one army. This exception allows Uncommon Heroes to be Mindshackled or Soul Devour-ed even if an Uncommon Hero with the same card is already a part of your army.

Synergy Benefits Received

- ORNAK : Red Flag of Fury
As a Unique Hero that follows Utgar, the Fen Hydra may benefit from Ornak’s RED FLAG OF FURY activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
N/A
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Feral Troll Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Power Rankings

Jexik: Feral Troll- Excellent against low defense or weakened Heroes. Not so much against squads. Can potentially do well as cleanup. B-

OEAO: B-

Cleon: Tier 2 (201/208)

dok (VC inclusive): C+

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

(Photo courtesy of Isamu)

Last edited by superfrog; March 15th, 2019 at 12:55 PM. Reason: vc added
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:29 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Feral Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced FAQ

Mindshackle/Soul Devour

Can a figure with Mindshackle or Soul Devour use either of those powers on an opponent’s Unique figure if you already have that same Unique figure (or a figure of the same name) in your Army? If successful, that would allow you to have 2 of the same Unique figure in your Army.

No. You can never under any circumstances have 2 of the same Unique figures in your Army.
While it's implied, I think the FAQ should be updated to make it clear that you can mindshackle/soul devour an uncommon hero even if you already have one. In the meantime, I think it would be nice to have a note to that effect in the book.
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced FAQ
Mindshackle/Soul Devour

Can a figure with Mindshackle or Soul Devour use either of those powers on an opponent’s Unique figure if you already have that same Unique figure (or a figure of the same name) in your Army? If successful, that would allow you to have 2 of the same Unique figure in your Army.

No. You can never under any circumstances have 2 of the same Unique figures in your Army.
While it's implied, I think the FAQ should be updated to make it clear that you can mindshackle/soul devour an uncommon hero even if you already have one. In the meantime, I think it would be nice to have a note to that effect in the book.
Did I miss something? Can Shades/NGS/KMS now mindshackle/soul devour figures besides Unique Heroes?

And yes, I saw that note Aldin. I just find using stickers to keep track which card belongs to which figure a little corny, as that same rule could be applied to Dumutefs/Swogs to give them more life.

Last edited by rednax; December 18th, 2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old December 19th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Did I miss something? Can Shades/NGS/KMS now mindshackle/soul devour figures besides Unique Heroes?
NGS and KMS can mindshackle unique squads, but that's not relevant to the question. All three figures can mindshackle uncommon heroes, because aside from allowing multiples in one army, uncommon heroes are treated like uniques in every other way.
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:52 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Done. If we get an official ruling, I'll apply the wording, but for now, the clarification is in. Thanks, dok.

~Spite
Old December 18th, 2009, 08:55 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Feral Troll looks pretty strong, his only weakness is his low defense.
Blood Frenzy and Regenerate look pretty strong.
I can't wait to play him!

Old December 19th, 2009, 03:22 AM

Tiny Timmy knows what's in an order marker Tiny Timmy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordEsenwienIV View Post
The Feral Troll looks pretty strong, his only weakness is his low defense.
Blood Frenzy and Regenerate look pretty strong.
I can't wait to play him!
pretty strong for his 1 defense?

Serious, rats could take him down... Not really... my money would be on the troll... But, I would say they wouldn't be a tournament scene army figure. I would say they would just be clean up, but for 90 points, NGS would be much better or even the Warden.

You think he would be a decent hero killer? Most hero's that are in armies could smoke them, Cyprien can kill him, and anyone for that matter, in one turn. Of course doing that takes some luck but could do it. Only support heroes like Realin could it be good against. Even then, I would say Realin could kill it quicker then the Troll could kill Realin.
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:11 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

A couple comments on this guy:
  • This guy rates with the zombies among the most OM-intensive cards; once you start feeding him OMs you can't stop. The reason is the same - OMs keep him alive.

• If you don't have Ornak, the tournament use of Feral Trolls is pretty much limited to herokilling. However, at 90 points, they still make for a good investment in some armies. The troll is favored against nearly all heroes. The list of classic 'scape heroes I've found that are favored according to the matchup calculator is very short:

Jotun
    Charos
    Q9
    Q10
    Sudema (no Blood Frenzy for you!)
    Krug
    An inspired Crixus

... I think that's all! Nilfheim comes very close, and Kaemon is pretty close too.
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:27 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
  • This guy rates with the zombies among the most OM-intensive cards; once you start feeding him OMs you can't stop. The reason is the same - OMs keep him alive.
  • If you don't have Ornak, the tournament use of Feral Trolls is pretty much limited to herokilling. However, at 90 points, they still make for a good investment in some armies. The troll is favored against nearly all heroes. The list of classic 'scape heroes I've found that are favored according to the matchup calculator is very short:

Jotun
    Charos
    Q9
    Q10
    Krug
    An inspired Crixus

... I think that's all! Nilfheim comes very close, and Kaemon is pretty close too.
I must be missing something, but why no Blood Frenzy for Sudema?

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:30 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I think he mistook it to be like Krug's Wounded Smash.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:32 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I think he mistook it to be like Krug's Wounded Smash.
Okay, fair enough... But even with it being Wounded Strike, why wouldn't it work?

I certainly hope I am not having a blond moment.

*Disclaimer* I am in way meaning to offend anyone who is in or of (either naturally or artificially) the blond hair category.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:31 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Jotun
    Charos
    Q9
    Q10
    Krug
    An inspired Crixus

I believe Tor-Kul-Na, Sujoha, and Wo-Sa-Ga are favoured over the troll in a 1 on 1 fight.

Also, if you take bonding into account, many heroes would be able to easily defeat the troll. Still, for it's cost, the troll looks like an excellent counter for some fairly popular tournament figures (Cyprien, Nilfheim, Braxas, Sgt. Drake, etc.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units