Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 18th, 2007, 08:22 PM

Tyrnix is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by manger
I think the stat table is incorrect for arocloth. Check my reasoning please, but the probability of saving an elf life is # of ways the event can occur divided by the total number of outcomes (I.E. probablility).

the number of ways the event can occur is: 7
10 ullar symbols - 3, the 3 being no ullar symbols, 1 ullar symbol and 2 ullar symbols, none of which could save a life.

the total number of outcomes is 6 different chances per dice x 10 dice, therefore you have a 7/60 chance to save an elf each time an elf is destroyed... 11.6% chance. even worse than what you predicted in your table.
Wow! Your math is way off!

There are 10C3 = 10!/((10-3)!3!) = 120 ways that just 3 ullar symbols can be rolled on 10 dice.

The probability, p, of the event that one ullar symbol is rolled on a die is:
# of occurrences/total # of outcomes = 1/6

The probability, q, of the event that any other symbol is rolled on a die is:
1- p = 1- 1/6 = 5/6

The probability that exactly 3 ullar symbols are rolled on 10 dice is:
120*(1/6)^3*(5/6)^7 = ~0.1550 = 15.50%

which comes from the binomial probability function:
p(n) = mCn*p^(n)*q^(m-n)

Now, if we want to know the probability of the event that at least 3 ullar symbols are rolled on 10 dice that is:

p(n>=3) = sum(p(n),3,10) = 1- sum(p(n),0,2) = 0.2248 = 22.48%
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I just wanted to mention that I think Ulginesh is really going to raise the value of Ullar's Amulet in particular. For one thing, we'll be able to move Acolarh adjacent to another Elf Wizard with the first half of Mind Link, then move the other one immediately with the second half. That's going to be cool.
Old January 9th, 2008, 09:22 AM

Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker Hero Hot Hatch knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight
I just wanted to mention that I think Ulginesh is really going to raise the value of Ullar's Amulet in particular. For one thing, we'll be able to move Acolarh adjacent to another Elf Wizard with the first half of Mind Link, then move the other one immediately with the second half. That's going to be cool.
That's quite interesting.... I honestly had not thought of it yet. You can also get Acolarh defense closer to where you might need it more or help him keep up with the Venoc Vipers and take advantage of the 11 moves when the Venoc Warlord is present in their next turn.

I don't care about choosing my army based on strategy. I choose an army based on coolness and personal appeal... even if it means that my units will die trying. Hail to the glory of HeroScape and bravery.
Old February 18th, 2008, 11:15 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
So the wording on his ability has me a little confused. I've had him for a while, and I think I've been doing it right, but all these people saying how bad he sucks has me thinking I might be wrong.

If Jotun attacks Syvarris and throws down eight skulls, and Syvarris whiffs, and Acolarh rolls enough symbols, Syvarris doesn't take any of the eight wounds, correct?

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 18th, 2008, 11:23 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Correct.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 10th, 2008, 03:54 PM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Acolarh

I believe what it means is that his own aura can't affect himself, but in the off chance that you're controlling both Acolarh and a Mind Shackler, then take control of your opponent's Acolarh, then each one's aura will affect the other if within range.

Since seeing Arkmer and Jorhdawn revealed, I'm excited yet puzzled to find a way to make these wizards all work together. After so much studying and calculating, I fear Acolarh and Jorhdawn just aren't meant to be together in any game valued under 600 points. Perhaps a way to use Acolarh with Ulginesh and Arkmer but excluding Jorhdawn would help his case though...

Acolarh - 110
Ulginesh - 260
Arkmer - 310
Kyntela - 330
WoA x3 - 480
Isamu/Marcu - 490/500

-or-

Acolarh - 110
Ulginesh - 260
Arkmer - 310
Kyntela - 330
Aubrien x2 - 470
Guilty/Eldgrim/Isamu+Marcu - 500

Depending on how much you need either melee or ranged power, either of these set ups may or may not prove more effective for Acolarh than previously.

Last edited by MegaSilver; June 16th, 2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Incorrect Information Striked Out.
Old June 8th, 2008, 12:15 AM

Tyrnix is surprisingly tart

Because Emrroon can summon Acolarh to wherever the other elves are I think that Acolarh might be quite a bit more useful. his/her leaf of the home tree aura is still just a bonus the real use is in the +2 move for your other elves.
Old July 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Alright, got in my "inaugural" game of Heroscape a short while ago... as a whole, Elves vs. Marro. Acolarh paid off QUITE a bit! He constantly sped Emirroon up, staying beside him often, and near the end game saved him not once, not twice, but THRICE (in a row!) from Wo-Sa-Ga with his Leaf of the Home Tree Aura.

THREE TIMES! They lost in the end, but Sonlen, Emirroon, Acolarh, Saylind, and a Warrior of Ashra ended up killing Tor-Kul-Na, Wo-Sa-Ga, six Nagrubs, four Stingers, and half of the Marro Hive before going down. Quite the turnabout.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:01 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
He's still the 8th best Elf Wizard.
Ulginesh, Chardris, Jordhawn, Emirroon, Arkmer, Morsbane, Kyntela Gwyn, and Acolarh.

I think I'm going to challenge you on this one, Jexik.

In a draft with all of the elves, I'd definately say that Ulginesh, Chardris, Jordhawn, Emirroon and Arkmer are better. I'm not sure about Morsbane, I think I'd put Acolarh as equal to him, and I don't believe Kyntela Gwyn plays as great of a role as Acolarh. Acolarh doesn't make his roll all that often, but when he does and saves one of the other wizards, it makes quite a difference. In most of the games I've seen with all the elves, Emirroon plays his role in the early game, getting the elven position established. Then Chardris and Jordhawn play the main role in the battle, with Morsbane popping in on occasion to negate something. Arkmer steps up if Chardris or Jordhawn falls, and Ulginesh is the key that lets two of them play in one turn. Kyntela Gwyn just sits there once in position, adding one defense to those around her. Acolarh is there the whole time, passively sitting there and rolling everytime an elf falls, occasionally saving somebody important. Thus, Acolarh and Ulginesh are the only two in use the whole game.

He's also not the worst, in my opinion, on his own. However, that doesn't mean a whole lot because, with the exception of Morsbane, none of the elves reach their full potential without the others.

Overall, yeah, he's far from the best elf wizard, but I think 8th place is a little rough. Feel free to offer a counter argument.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:21 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Definetly not the linchpin in an army, this guy is a tough one to play. It dosen't help he goes with the elf wizards which make it almost impossible to play. But he has his benefits. Look at it this way. He lets Emiroon move a bonus hex, so he can summon elves one more hex. This can be crucial in some games. Also, if he is summoned up himself, he gives the wizards a better chance of living so they can unleash the full brawn of their firey might. With Ulginesh, Emiroon, and the fater and daughter this guy is better then he looks.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:54 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

1) Arkmer is the best of the E-Wiz Crew. The combination of solid ranged attack, boostable defense and melee denial are a bargain at 50 points.

2) Ulginesh is second. The only non-Marvel flier with a normal ranged attack, he is also crucial to running any E-Wiz army with his OM doubling.

3) Jorhdawn takes third. Oddly, you would never take her without at least three additional Wizards, but she's still better than the rest - the only one fo them that can attack multiple units in a single attack.

4) Kyntela Gwyn is going to figure prominently in many Elf builds. She's a decent filler unit who will tend to be useful in any game.

5) Emiroon is a necessary evil. The melee attack is spectacularly uninspiring, but he can be absolutely key to shifting the forces around. Especially since he can summon Elves out of engagement as needed.

The rest are all flukey. Arkmer you might take in any game. Ulgy, KG and Emiroon have their places in armies that aren't dedicated to full E-Wiz-Dom. Jorhdawn is THE Elf Wiz. The last three though...

6) Morsbane. As part of an E-Wiz army he is a lot more frightening than Chardris or Acolarh could ever be. He adds to the damage Jorhdawn can cause. He gets summoned by Emiroon and can boost Arkmer's defense. And he adds just as much life as Chardris. Plus, in a pinch he gets to use his melee attack AND try for negation.

7) Acolarh. As a speed booster he's acceptable. He can be summoned by Emiroon and stay adjacent to KG. He boosts Jorhdawn and Arkmer. But mostly, he's the five points of life that your opponent has to at least consider killing BEFORE going after choice units like Jorhdawn, Morsbane, Arkmer or even KG. He always forces the question of whether you really want to take the chance of having another Elf Wiz cheat death.

8 ) Chardris. He offers nothing that Jorhdawn and Arkmer don't already offer between them. He doesn't have more life than Morsbane or a special as good as Acolarh's. In short, Chardris it the worst of the eight Elf Wizards.

~Aldin, magically

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 2nd, 2009, 06:03 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
1) Arkmer is the best of the E-Wiz Crew. The combination of solid ranged attack, boostable defense and melee denial are a bargain at 50 points.
~Aldin, magically
Are you sure it isn't just because you've fallen in love with my Arkmer RP?
However, I'd have to disagree. Ulginesh offers mobility, followed by Emirroon's greater mobility. Then, Arkmer and Gwyn are tied for me. Arkmer offers solid attack, while Gwyn offers a more solidified defense. Then comes Acolarh, and the Chardris and Jorhdawn follow, quite tied. Morsbane? Well...he's 10th.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units