Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old October 23rd, 2010, 03:07 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Professor Zoom

The Book of Professor Zoom

C3G MARVEL WAVE 5
WORLD'S VILEST

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Arkham Asylum set.
Its model number and name are #036 / Zoom.
Character Bio - "Eobard Thawne started out as a fan of the Flash. After gaining super-speed by replicating the electrochemical bath that gave Barry Allen his powers — even undergoing surgery to make himself look like Barry — he traveled backward in time to meet his hero using the cosmic treadmill. However, after arriving in the past after Barry's death, Thawne became mentally unstable upon discovering he is destined to become a villain, his mind- already disoriented by the stress of time travel — seeking escape by convincing himself that he is Barry Allen. However, his true nature is eventually revealed due to his more violent nature, "Barry" attacking Central City in 'revenge' for 'forgetting him', until he is ultimately defeated by the Flash family and sent back to the future, his memory wiped of the incident. Even though Thawne retained no memories of his trip through time, he was now left with a deep and bitter hatred of Barry Allen. This was due to feeling "betrayed" by Barry. Thawne began travelling back in time to battle the Flash to get revenge on him, using his knowledge of "history" to his advantage."

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Q: For Negative Speed Force Special Attack, does it only occur when you first enter engagement with that figure or can you run in a circle around the figure and attack on every movement?

A:
    "Engages" means when you first enter the engagement, yes. You can't engage a figure if you're already engaged with it.
    That said, thanks to Super Speed, he can engage, attack, disengage, engage again, attack again, etc.
  • Q: Elektra's Deadly Barrage states she can only attack from a space where she can normally end her move. That isn't stated in Negative Speed Force. Does that mean that Professor Zoom can attack from spaces occupied by other figures as he's passing through?

A: No. You must occupy a space on the battlefield in order to attack, because that's the basis for determining matters such as adjacency. Phantom Walk and Superspeed allow you to break the rule for passing through other figures, but it doesn't allow you to break the rule for occupying spaces.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Arch-vile; August 8th, 2022 at 12:43 AM. Reason: png
Old October 23rd, 2010, 03:07 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Professor Zoom - Design Phase

NAME = PROFESSOR ZOOM
SECRET IDENTITY = EOBARD THAWNE

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PSYCHOPATH
PERSONALITY = OBSESSIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 12
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 250

SUPERSPEED
Professor Zoom may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Professor Zoom, if he did not use his Negative Speed Force Special Attack this turn, he may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

NEGATIVE SPEED FORCE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 2.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Professor Zoom, you may move Professor Zoom up to 8 spaces. Every time Professor Zoom engages one or more opponent's figures during this move, you may choose one of those figures to attack. You may continue attacking with Professor Zoom in this manner each time Professor Zoom engages a figure. Opponents' figures without the Superspeed or Speed Force special power roll 1 fewer defense die against Negative Speed Force Special Attack.

SPEED DODGE 4
When Professor Zoom defends against an attack and you roll at least one blank, Professor Zoom takes no damage and may immediately move up to 4 spaces.

Original Post:
Spoiler Alert!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Ronin; September 26th, 2018 at 10:20 AM. Reason: update for Speed Force
Old October 23rd, 2010, 03:21 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

PHASE FISTS
Android figures roll 2 fewer defense dice when defending against Professor Zoom's normal attack. All other figures roll 2 fewer defense dice.

Hunh?

Personally I don't need to see any Android synergy here. I mean Zoom doesn't hurt Android's worse, and he certainly isn't more merciful either way. If anything, Phase fists shouldn't work on figures with the Super Speed special power, but I wouldn't want to go that way either, as he should be somewhat of a counter/challenge to Flash.

How about something that allows him to hold a human hostage and possibly auto kill them if they try to take a turn. I bring up this theme because he seems to do that a lot in the comics and force Wally in to some sticky situations where he is afraid to attack Zoom or Zoom may kill the hostage.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 03:24 AM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Also, does he need a special attack so that Super Speed can reference it like on Barry's card, or do we need to change the Super Speed title here, as the two texts are currently different?
Old October 23rd, 2010, 04:09 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Icons set. Its model number and name is 209 / Professor Zoom.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:11 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I'm with Griff here, 2-3 fewer for all figures no discrimination. He's pretty much just another Flash so no issues with anything else there currently.

Cheers
Old October 23rd, 2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Also, does he need a special attack so that Super Speed can reference it like on Barry's card, or do we need to change the Super Speed title here, as the two texts are currently different?
I think it's a minor enough difference that we can get away with it. It's not like we'd be giving him the exact same special attack anyway, so there'd be a small difference there regardless. The official game has very slightly different text like this for different versions of Counter Strike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Icons set. Its model number and name is 209 / Professor Zoom.
Thanks! Will update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I'm with Griff here, 2-3 fewer for all figures no discrimination. He's pretty much just another Flash so no issues with anything else there currently.

Cheers
Well I'd go 2 over 3. Really the only reason I went with the Android line is because it's a power I see using on Shadowcat as well and she iconically is more effective against Androids. And this part was done on Hahma's suggestion after I showed him my write up.
What about 1 on most figures and 2 on Androids? Can I sell you guys on that?

Old October 23rd, 2010, 11:45 AM

I think it is a theme break honestly, because of what I said already; his powers don't actually hurt Android more, and he isn't merciful either way. I don't think it is important to me either way for Shadow Cat and Zoom to have the same power, besides, I would imagine that Shadow Cat "iconicly" hurts Androids more due to a morality thing of holding back a bit against sentient life forms, which is again, a moral trait that Zoom does not share.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 01:39 PM

OK ... it might be tough to think of different names for the powers, but I'll change this to a straight up -2 defense.

Old October 23rd, 2010, 01:42 PM

OK, here's my question - is this guy interesting enough right now? I know he's highly similar to Flash, but I really think the first and third power just belong on here so much ... it does make him feel a bit in the same mold as Flash, though. What are people's thoughts on this and is replacing the special attack with Phase Fists enough of a difference?

Old October 23rd, 2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
OK ... it might be tough to think of different names for the powers, but I'll change this to a straight up -2 defense.
I would like for us all to have an extra round of Brainstorming here on what that power should be, because right now, it is a tad boring and I would rather have something with some SHOCK value. You dig?
Old October 23rd, 2010, 01:50 PM

Total 'd again, and you are on Vacation.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library