Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old April 24th, 2008, 05:17 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation
Re: How to share your maps with the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Great article, Long. None of my old maps made it through the site change and I can't wait to start uploading maps and updating my threads again. I've got a couple of stupid questions regarding the recent site changes, though.

1) I can't find an Upload option in the Downloads section. Since our accounts are now unified and we don't require an upload-capable account, what am I missing?

2) The map subcategories are now: 1 MS, 2 MS, 3 MS, 4 MS, 5 MS and Virtualscape. Do all maps made using VS now go in the Virtualscape subcategory regardless of map size? I'm so confused.
1) Instead of Upload option, you now have Add. It is between My Files and Search, underneath the Navigation bar. However, you need to be a Site Supporter to be able to upload your maps (and pictures). You can request to be a Contributor to have a limited access to upload files. Truth explains it very clear in the front page .

2) I believe Virtual Scape Files section is for the maps in the form of Virtual Scape file which bares the .hsc extension. If you create your map using Virtual Scape and create a pdf file for it, the map should not be put in the Virtual Scape Files section.

I hope it helps and look forward to see you maps.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old April 24th, 2008, 05:18 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

1.) You're looking for the "Add" option in the Navigation bar. Just CTL+S and type add and it should highlight it for you.

2.) The Virtualscape subsection is for uploading the .hsc files that are saved by VS. The various MS sections are for the PDF's you make by "printing" to CutePDF or whichever program you select.

edit: Beat to the punch!
Old April 24th, 2008, 05:25 PM

Velenne, have you checked my maps in Downloads section? They all have a link back to my map thread ! Thanks for a great idea!

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old April 24th, 2008, 05:38 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Long and Velenne, thanks for the answers. They helped me realize that my Site Supporter status has expired. That's why I wasn't seeing the Add option. Guess it's time for that lifetime membership...
Old May 2nd, 2008, 11:33 PM

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Okay, I've got another technical question.

On the old site I was able to upload a screenshot of my map as a preview to go along with the pdf building instructions. I didn't need to use the site's Gallery or Photobucket in order to do that.

I want to start posting some maps, but I can't figure out how to include a screenshot on the new site. I see a place to upload my pdf directly from my computer, but no place to upload an image. What am I missing?

Sorry for being a Luddite.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Okay, I've got another technical question.

On the old site I was able to upload a screenshot of my map as a preview to go along with the pdf building instructions. I didn't need to use the site's Gallery or Photobucket in order to do that.

I want to start posting some maps, but I can't figure out how to include a screenshot on the new site. I see a place to upload my pdf directly from my computer, but no place to upload an image. What am I missing?

Sorry for being a Luddite.
You need to upload the file first, do not worry about the screenshot yet. After the file is uploaded successfully, you will see a place to Upload Images. Click Browse... to choose the picture(s) to add.
Let me know if it works .

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 12:00 AM

Thanks for all the help, Long! I don't know what I would've done without this thread.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all the help, Long! I don't know what I would've done without this thread.
Anytime, Sherman Davies! I am sure that people around here are very helpful and are happy to answer your questions. I just happened to be here and read your question before anyone else!

VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 08:45 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

You do great stuff for us here, LongHeroscaper. Thank you!
Old May 7th, 2008, 05:56 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Whenever I go to put my picture in the post, all it shows is a red x. How do I fix this?

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old May 7th, 2008, 05:59 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
Whenever I go to put my picture in the post, all it shows is a red x. How do I fix this?
That means that the image url is invalid. Make sure you have thre right url, and that it ends in an image filetype such as .png .gif or .jpg
Old May 7th, 2008, 06:09 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It has jpg at the end. Looks

likehttp://www.heroscapers.com/community...asis_thumb.jpg

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios