Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old September 6th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I am definately looking forward to giving this game a try soon. I have played any RPGs in a long long time.
Old September 6th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Browncoat purist here ... You could introduce aliens and I could walk away from the game.

Seriously though, why introduce aliens when you have Reavers, Alliance operatives, Alliance Science and Medical anomolies, the whole "2 by 2 hands of blue" guys, not to mention the evil land barons and their not-so-bright minions. You have a whole cornicopia of adversaries to throw at your players without jumping the shark.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 6th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi

...jumping the shark.
Woot! Nice reference, Mal!

Newb.
Old September 6th, 2006, 06:00 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Serenity rocks! and this RPG looks intriguing!
Old September 6th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yeah, we will definately not be introducing aliens into our games. Thats one of the things that I really like about the Serenity 'Verse.
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:39 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Yeah, we will definately not be introducing aliens into our games. Thats one of the things that I really like about the Serenity 'Verse.
Two of my favorite universes in science fiction: Serenity and Battletech, both certified 100% alien free. The border patrol is doing their job there!

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 7th, 2006, 01:07 AM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi

...jumping the shark.
Woot! Nice reference, Mal!

Newb.
I thought it appropriate as we talking about a TV show/movie and if Joss did have the opportunity to add aliens at a future date I feel it would have been season 4 or later and definitely seen as jumping the shark by fans at that point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
... certified 100% alien free. The border patrol is doing their job there!

Old September 9th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Serenity RPG...

(How'd I miss this thread?... Warning: another Browncoat purist here)

I looked over the RPG sourcebook a few months back, and the system looks solid enough. My only personal problem with it lies in a combination of two elements: (1) the limited source material for the series, and (2) my limited imagination. I SERIOUSLY considered picking up the book and trying to fire-up a campaign, but then I couldn't come up with any decent PLOTS.

(Don't get me wrong, ...I'm not completely without talent here. I did run a successful weekly Robotech campaign for over a year, and never had any problems coming up with fun and original plotlines for that universe.)

...The sourcebook is centered around having your players build their own 'crew' of derelict vagabonds on the fringe of space, just like Mal's crew onboard Serenity. Well, I wouldn't have any difficulty finding someone who wanted to run the 'distant veteran captain' or the 'Vera-totin stupid muscle' or the 'comic-relief pilot' archetypes, but then, ...what would I have them do? I mean, I could never have come up with one tenth of the plots that Whedon did - stuff like 'the train job' would about be the extent of my ability, and that would get old quick. I don't want to 'replay' the series plots either, 'cause that's just not my thing. so basically, ...that leaves me, ...corner of 'no' and 'where'...

But if you've got enough 'originality' and 'inspiration' in you to cook up decent plotlines for your little team of malcontents, I say GO FOR IT. Have fun, ...I certainly wish I could pull it off myself... [sigh]...

And, as far as aliens go, I stand with the purists and vote 'Nope'. The ONLY way I see aliens working in the Firefly 'Verse is if they were totally and completely ALIEN, ...and I mean something whacked-out, freaky, and totally unexpected. Nothing from Star Wars or Star Trek would ever set foot in my vision of Whedon's 'Verse. However, in all truth, I can honestly say that I wouldn't be against something like Geiger's 'Aliens', as long as they were left as the xenomorphic 'critter' heavies and not made into something too 'human'...

^_^
-LordRaidor-
Old September 9th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Re: Serenity RPG...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRaidor
... I SERIOUSLY considered picking up the book and trying to fire-up a campaign, but then I couldn't come up with any decent PLOTS ...
That is the easy part ... just follow the plot of any Western book, movie or television show ever created and add science!

Old September 10th, 2006, 12:09 AM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I dam near picked this up today, but I'm saving my cash for a brick of Mechwarrior due out in 2.5 weeks. Plus, I don't think anyone in my game group would play. Plus, I've never RPGed in my life.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games