Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers

Old January 6th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G Terrain Makers

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwidje View Post
It is showing up as a broken PNG on mine...
Shows up fine for me. I think that Yoda is right about designing a front side and rear wall, allowing for the side to just be printed twice. As for multiple doors I think we need to establish a mechanic before we really worry about entrances and exits. Buildings should create more than just a path to the back side. They should also function as a method of cornering units.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I can see it and other then the same orange blocks appearing in the bottom corner of every window the art work looks fantastic. In terms of mechanics though, it looks like you only have 1 front and 2 side walls. I'd consider shortening the middle one to match the width of the front piece, then replace one set of windows with a 'backdoor' so that it could work as the rear wall. The bottom wall could then just be put on a separate file and printed twice for use as the two side walls.
With the thought of going with 3 sided building I went wih a front and two sides. I have another side wall with a sliding steel shutter both open and closed. I usually have the back of the building towards the edge that is why I left off the back.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 6th, 2013, 08:09 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibechief View Post
Quote:
Shows up fine for me. I think that Yoda is right about designing a front side and rear wall, allowing for the side to just be printed twice. As for multiple doors I think we need to establish a mechanic before we really worry about entrances and exits. Buildings should create more than just a path to the back side. They should also function as a method of cornering units.
That's an excellent idea to give the option of 3 or 4 sided buildings. As I have it the side with high windows I will use as an alley side and the larger windows will be a side street side.

I also sometimes cut the windows out and cover with clear film. I have also experimented with opening doors counting one movement point for openining a door.

I will work on the back wall

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:27 PM
A Man of Taste

For flexibility I have added two more...The second sheet has two backs (one with a standard door and one with a roll up loading dock door) and a side with a door and sliding shutter (I could see the shutter closed acting like a fortress door)

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzY...3NfeG9lblJfMW8

The third sheet has two more fronts and a solid wall side.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzY...XYyTVNQcWl4dnM

Mix and match as you please.

The first person to put one of these together let me know how the scale turns out. Using 8 tiles equals 3" I put tick marks at all the corners but unless someone sends me a handful of tiles I have no way of verifying this is right.

Once I get confirmation I will begin some Upper story sections that can be stacked above these for multiple story buildings.

Last edited by japes; January 6th, 2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old January 6th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Very cool!

Now who'll be the first person to put these up with some styrofoam and take pictures that show their scale?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 6th, 2013, 09:55 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
I signed up on Photobucket as someone suggested earlier and I am uploading them now. I will change the links and hopefully that will fix it for everyone.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by japes; January 6th, 2013 at 10:01 PM. Reason: added links
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:00 PM

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Shame the doorways are to small to actually move figures through them. Would be fun to just push them through to keep the immersion in the game going.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Shame the doorways are to small to actually move figures through them. Would be fun to just push them through to keep the immersion in the game going.
Can we fix this for Medium 5 figs? That'd be a great selling point for A3n .... Or would that kill the scale?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 6th, 2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Can we fix this for Medium 5 figs? That'd be a great selling point for A3n .... Or would that kill the scale?
The simplest fix is to use double doors. They are found almost everywhere in public buildings and would provide theme and practical use.

Old January 6th, 2013, 10:09 PM
A Man of Taste

as far as Height I made them to be almost as high as 6 tiles. What is a safe width to shoot for for 5 high figures?

Old January 6th, 2013, 10:10 PM

I know that personally I'd be happy even if I had to lay them down or angle the normal height humanoids to get them through the doors, the real issue I think is width.

All the same most of my humanoid figures are 2" tall and 1 1/2" wide for the large single bases.

Old January 6th, 2013, 10:15 PM
A Man of Taste

I'm guessing the limiting factor would be the base. How wide is the bases that are used predominately?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers