Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old October 11th, 2007, 02:54 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!
Portal: Discussion

I beat Portal earlier today, and am anticipating a discussion on it. For those that don't know, or are confused, Portal is a short game set in the Half-Life 2 universe.

Thoughts: The game's execution is brilliant. The flavor of the game, right from the start, feels unique and the turning point of the game makes the game feel like a game, and not like a bunch of puzzles. My absolute favorite part is the ending credits-they wrap up the game beautifully. I could actually go on, but I really don't want to spoil anything for those that haven't played it.

Seriously, if your computer can run this game, I highly reccomend it.
Old October 11th, 2007, 10:08 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Still getting through Episode 2, but that one's next. I played the TF2 beta (HUGE disappointment, btw) for a few weeks so I'm pretty much over that.

Oh and Episode 2 is brilliant. It's not terribly original, but it's improved many of the elements of HL2 that I absolutely loved. IMHO, HL2 is still best FPS ever made bar none. I'm so glad they're still releasing episodic content that furthers the story. One reviewer said something to the effect of "if you don't love the side characters by now, you have no soul."
Old October 11th, 2007, 10:24 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
IMHO, HL2 is still best FPS ever made bar none. I'm so glad they're still releasing episodic content that furthers the story. One reviewer said something to the effect of "if you don't love the side characters by now, you have no soul."
I couldn't agree more. I'll be picking up the Orange Box this week sometime. I don't expect to get much of anything done as I stay up till 3:00am every morning killing Overwatch Soldiers.
Old October 11th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Velenne, I'm quite surprised that you consider TF2 a huge disappointment. Nearly all the reviews (and a majority of the gaming populace) seem to absolutely love it.

What did you dislike about it? (Just curious.)
Old October 11th, 2007, 12:46 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Numerous things, but primarily the fact that it's an extremely watered down version of Team Fortress. Most of the skill aspects have been removed for what they call "team incentives" which are supposedly to encourage people who play on public servers to work together more. It doesn't work. People don't work together except by accident.

Oh and the "Critical Hits".
Old October 11th, 2007, 05:37 PM

Ok I just finished Portal.

O
M
F
G

That was ... well I don't want to spoil it. It was excellent and I'll just leave it at that.
Old October 11th, 2007, 08:00 PM

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Just went to Best Buy and Gamestop to get the Orange Box. Neither had it, but I did pick up Mask of The Betrayer, NWN2 expansion. I'll go scouting for Orange again tomorrow.
Old October 14th, 2007, 02:22 PM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
Just went to Best Buy and Gamestop to get the Orange Box. Neither had it, but I did pick up Mask of The Betrayer, NWN2 expansion. I'll go scouting for Orange again tomorrow.
Yeah, I picked that up too...damn, we would like each other if we met.
Old October 14th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Messy Eater

Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby! Wytefang rolls all skulls baby!
Uprising, you'd definitely like the expansion for NWN2 - it's very good.

I'm hearing great things about Portal but TF2 looks like the best game in that bundle, from what the reviews seem to be saying.
Old October 17th, 2007, 09:23 AM

Yup, I've officially put off the NWN2 expansion for the time being. I'll get to it in a couple of weeks. I installed it and created about 5-6 characters before trimming the selection down to a Drow Rogue and an Air Genasi Wizard - non specialized. Not sure who I'm gonna play.

I got the Orange Box yesterday and played around with Portal some and got smoked in TF2. Then I started up Episode II at around 11:30PM and didn't go to bed until about 3:15AM. Man, I love Half Life.
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Messy Eater

You have very good taste in games, Uprising.
Old October 17th, 2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytefang
You have very good taste in games, Uprising.
I've noticed that about yourself as well man.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games