Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers

Notices

Old June 8th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
C3G CityScape

Current Procedure for Creating New Terrain

Spoiler Alert!

Additional Rules ect. below...

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 8th, 2016, 06:54 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G CityScape

I wanted to bring this post over as Grish has been the biggest influence for me in taking on this project and I value his opinion highly.
Thank you Grishnahk for all the amazing additions you have made to this great game we all love.
Grish is the foundation on which on all 'Scape buildings are built.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post

Back when I first started creating and engineering a building, if I was faced with a decision about how to proceed, I always choose the easiest possible route (while making sure I didn't sacrifice quality and playability). Once finished I created step by step plans, listed all the materials, etc., all in an effort to make them as easy as I possibly could for someone else to printout and assemble. After all I've had great times gaming on them, and I really wanted others that enjoy that type of gaming experience to have them as well.

With that said I can't tell you how many times I've heard "Wow, your buildings look great, but I could never do that. I'm arts and crafts challenged." *

So be prepared, you won't solve this inertia problem, especially if your to be shared structures are too challenging to build.

With that said, if you're building these just for yourself then make your structures as complicated as you want. But if you are attempting to create buildings that are universally accepted (as if they were officially produced), and you want them built consistently across the board, you might be in trouble with complicated designs and ideas.

Anyway, just my simple word of advice to C3G. Take it for what it's worth.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 8th, 2016, 06:57 PM

Here is a place for the public to brainstorm ideas for buildings, street maps, urban DOs and anything related to 'Scaping in the City.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 8th, 2016, 07:59 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Some of the stuff can't be released in here yet such as the street map but I think an area to discuss some DO's would be great. Cavalier has some great paper scape templates for mailboxes and stuff. I've also found some vending machines somewhere. I've drafted a few crates and boxes and other stuff. Some of it is in my workshop thread in the outer sanctum.

EDIT: Is this thread open to the Public?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 8th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Lightbulb Re: C3G CityScape

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Seems to be... I can see it

Last edited by japes; June 8th, 2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old June 8th, 2016, 09:37 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Nice of you to stop in...I've been touting your paper craft stuff a lot lately so I hope I am correct in that it was you that created the crates and mailboxes and dumpsters. It's been so long I wasn't sure.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old June 8th, 2016, 09:47 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Nice of you to stop in...I've been touting your paper craft stuff a lot lately so I hope I am correct in that it was you that created the crates and mailboxes and dumpsters. It's been so long I wasn't sure.
An index of existing resources like this would be great. I have done a ton of digging and have saved a lot of stuff, but I doubt most people will search as long as I have.
Old June 9th, 2016, 07:46 AM

If everyone posts what they find in this thread I will start a list and link them in the first post.
japes is right that we cannot post everything here right now but there is plenty we can post and share.
Hopefully I will able to post the rules for Urban Terrain and Movement soon out here but they will be debuting in the Danger Room, hopefully this month.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 9th, 2016, 10:31 AM
A Man of Taste

Roads and Crosswalks ground template - I've used these a lot over the years.

Cav's Paper Terrain 1 - Mailboxes, Dumpsters, Large Crates...

Cav's Paper Terrain 1 (grunge)

Cav's Paper Terrain 2 - Crates and Soda Machines. I used these as templates for the soda machines found in the DCU - Soder Cola "Sometimes even super-heroes get thirsty." and Zesti Cola.

I've actually switched to using some of my sons foam blocks for the crates...full sized cubes are same size as these large crates and fit in one hex. I cut one up into two stacks of 4 for the small crates.

Armored Truck Same size as the Ambulance toy my son has. Sometimes I just use the Ambulance as the Armored Truck but I used this for a campaign scenario.

AliasQT has some good stuff that can be modified to work as well...

Wall Panel Templates - I've used these to create Skyscrapper skins that can be used with the FotA set to create buildings.

AdvPack - Factory Windows & Doors - Got the idea from this

AdvPack #3 - Medieval Cottage - can be reskinned for an alternate version of a small house.

Rather than listing them individually...

Grishnakh's Custom Terrain

found this as well...a Dumpster

Last edited by japes; June 9th, 2016 at 01:19 PM.
Old June 10th, 2016, 07:18 PM
A Man of Taste

Since nearly no one comes in here...sneak peak for the few that do...

Also here is some samples from Cavs stuff I create a long time ago...still have it.

More pics here...

Old June 10th, 2016, 07:57 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks awesome!
Old June 12th, 2016, 09:14 AM

Still coveting the city maps.
Looks great japes.

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Terrain Makers