Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 26th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Movies: What did You Watch Last Night?

On a trip to San Diego, so I loaded some movies on my iPad to watch on the plane. One of them was Attack the Block. It's the story of a group of London street thugs who find themselves in the middle of an alien invasion. They have to defend their block (apartment building, for us Americans) and so, become unlikely heroes.

It was a fun film, made by the same guys that did Shaun of the Dead, which means it has a bit of over-the-top gore and some drug humor. It also had a fair amount of dark humor and funny lines. It's definitely not big budget, but they did a great job without CGI, and I had fun listening to the London street slang. Of note, the main character is a guy named Moses, who is played by John Boyega, in his first movie. Some may recognize that name as the actor who plays Finn in the upcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It was neat to see him in a movie, and he did a great job as the gang leader. I'd definitely recommend it.

Last edited by akden; October 26th, 2015 at 02:12 PM.
Old October 26th, 2015, 05:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I agree. Fun flick most have never heard about.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 28th, 2015, 11:49 PM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Saw the Japanese live-action movie Attack on Titan the other night. Was disappointed with it. The dissapointment were mostly because I loved the anime and this was a far departure from it. Probably the only characters that stayed true to the manga/anime were the titans. I do however, understand that people who never saw the anime or the manga actually find it to be an interesting and good movie. So if you've never seen the manga/anime, it's worth your time.

Last edited by screwDriver; October 30th, 2015 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Edit: Corrected title... Japanese wrong grammar.
Old October 29th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwDriver View Post
Saw the Japanese live-action movie Attack of the Titan the other night. Was disappointed with it. The dissapointment were mostly because I loved the anime and this was a far departure from it. Probably the only characters that stayed true to the manga/anime were the titans. I do however, understand that people who never saw the anime or the manga actually find it to be an interesting and good movie. So if you've never seen the manga/anime, it's worth your time.
They did do a great job of the Titans, it actually made you appreciate the original story more, knowing how terrifying it would be to see it in real life. Still a far cry from the original though, it was too hard to get over the weaker characters.
Old October 29th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Saw the Japanese live-action movie Attack of the Titan the other night. Was disappointed with it. The dissapointment were mostly because I loved the anime and this was a far departure from it.
What if you despise the anime? Might that help your chances?

~TAF, not implying anything

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old October 29th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Giant, skinless humanoids is a big NOPE for me. I see how popular it is and I WANT to want to try it - and every time I see a pic... nope, just nope.

~Aldin, perfectly fine with anatomy books

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 29th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Giant, skinless humanoids is a big NOPE for me. I see how popular it is and I WANT to want to try it - and every time I see a pic... nope, just nope.

To be fair, only the big 3 titans are skinless. The rest are just look like deformed humans.
Old October 29th, 2015, 01:42 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post

You WANT to want to try being a skinless humanoid??? I'd vote for you not to do that personally. I kind of enjoy your posts and I'm sure that wouldn't work out.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 29th, 2015, 05:53 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I watched a Stallone flick titled Escape Plan the other night. Not bad, as far a satisfying my action fix goes. Not that there was constant action like an Expendables film, but that's just fine. It was a passable prison escape story, with healthy doses of the Governator thrown in there from time to time. My only qualm was that Vincent D'Onofrio had too limited a role.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old October 29th, 2015, 05:57 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Titanic

AoT is very good and I was surprised at how much I liked it. I'll admit that I stayed away from it for a while for reasons similar to Aldin but I'm glad I took the plunge. I had to go get a hold of the manga because I had to know what happened next.

~Dysole, who actually thinks this is the first some I've seen that hadn't already ended
Old October 29th, 2015, 06:33 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I really enjoyed the anime of Attack on Titan. I don't know if I would want to watch the live action. The anime titans were disturbing enough as it is. If the characters are weaker...
Old October 30th, 2015, 01:34 AM

screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker screwDriver knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Quote:
Saw the Japanese live-action movie Attack of the Titan the other night. Was disappointed with it. The dissapointment were mostly because I loved the anime and this was a far departure from it.
What if you despise the anime? Might that help your chances?

~TAF, not implying anything
Interesting questions. Maybe we should ask someone who didn't like the anime. Hehe.

Last night, watched Sicario. Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin and Benicio del Toro. Loved it. I know I would want to be an idealist and do things the right way but I guess in some cases I'd probably agree to certain questionable course of action/s.

Last edited by screwDriver; October 30th, 2015 at 01:53 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies