Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old August 4th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!
Xbox LIVE Update Discussion

Here are some PICs from my account showing some of the new features to be released in the next Xbox LIVE Update (due Aug 11th)

TABs (L-R) Marketplace: Show the new Avatar Marketplace, Games: Avatar Awards,

Profie (L-R) XBL Veteran Status: Upper right corner of profile shows a number representing how many yrs you've been an XBL Gold Subscriber, Achievement Progress: Shows your last 12 100% completed games, gamerscore and achievement completions, Games list: Start any previously played XBLA or current disk by hit "Y" while looking at the achievements

AVATAR MARKETPLACE (L_R) Customize Avatar: a tab for Avatar Marketplace and Avatar Awards, Avatar Awards: Unlock avatar awards by playing games. Only Splosion Man has been confirmed to be released when the update goes live, Avatar Marketplace: Store front, the following are some of the individual game stores. Numbers represent Microsoft Points. HALO 3 ODST: HALO RC Warthog (320), FABLE II: Highwayman Coat (240), Secret of Monkey Island: LeChuck Pirate Suit (240), Steam Punk: Metal Goggles (80), HALO 3: Halo Stuck Tee (80) & Halo Cargo Shorts (80)

Last edited by PochoMan; August 11th, 2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old August 4th, 2009, 10:55 AM

PlasmaScaper 2.0 is surprisingly tart
Re: Xbox LIVE Update Preview (PICs)

Oh yeah... you sent me a message about this! Doesn't really look like anything I'll use, though.

Posts by me are rare occasions. I mostly hang around other places these days, but I come here every once in a while.
Old August 4th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Master Custom Creator

PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby! PochoMan rolls all skulls baby!

Thats what I said at first. Then I started to look around and liked some of the features and clothing. One thing that disappoints me is the Achievement Progress. It only shows that you've completed a game when have all achievements completed. But IF they add a DLC with more Achievements it's no longer considered 100%

Old August 4th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sorry, not paying for virtual clothes.

However, the Netflix party and the digital game downloads are interesting, depending on how much the digital downloads cost.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 4th, 2009, 04:55 PM

Nikmis Woo who?

I like the netflix blade improvements, still needs a search though. It now shows newer movies and tv programs and I think some categories of video without having to add it to your NF Instant Queue. The picture quality and streaming seems to have been improved as well.

Thats about the only improvement I've used it for.
Old August 4th, 2009, 08:15 PM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

So you can get clothes by getting achievements in newer games? Thats cool.
This update is supposed to happen the 11th? Cool.

Old August 5th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Sorry, not paying for virtual clothes.

However, the Netflix party and the digital game downloads are interesting, depending on how much the digital downloads cost.
Thats what I said til I saw the HALO 3 stuff I'm wearing. I wish I had a few more points wear I could get some of the Monkey Island stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikmis View Post
I like the netflix blade improvements, still needs a search though. It now shows newer movies and tv programs and I think some categories of video without having to add it to your NF Instant Queue. The picture quality and streaming seems to have been improved as well.

Thats about the only improvement I've used it for.
Can you send me a few PICs of this? I am no longer a Netflix user. TYIA
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl with a k View Post
So you can get clothes by getting achievements in newer games? Thats cool.
Not just clothing but also props.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl with a k View Post
This update is supposed to happen the 11th? Cool.
Yes

Old August 11th, 2009, 04:25 PM

karl with a k knows what's in an order marker karl with a k knows what's in an order marker

Saw the update. Its cool but I'm not letting them suck money out of me.

Old August 11th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Only happy about the Netflix. The Avatar stuff from game achievements will be cool, but besides 1v100 and the upcoming racing game, the avatars are still kinda pointless.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 11th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Only happy about the Netflix. The Avatar stuff from game achievements will be cool, but besides 1v100 and the upcoming racing game, the avatars are still kinda pointless.
Untrue. More games will begin to feature them, I remember reading in OXM that in one of the new music games you can have your avatar on screen playing the instruments instead of a character specifically made for the game. And I bet Natal will bring stuff like Wii sports which will likely feature your avatar.

I just can't wait to be able to unlock stuff in games. Right now there is nothing that really excites me as far as clothes go, both in the marketplace and the free stuff. One day I will find (or unlock!) something I like. Hopefully.
Old August 11th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Dr Feelgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Untrue. More games will begin to feature them, I remember reading in OXM that in one of the new music games you can have your avatar on screen playing the instruments instead of a character specifically made for the game. And I bet Natal will bring stuff like Wii sports which will likely feature your avatar.

I just can't wait to be able to unlock stuff in games. Right now there is nothing that really excites me as far as clothes go, both in the marketplace and the free stuff. One day I will find (or unlock!) something I like. Hopefully.
Please reread my post.

Quote:
but besides 1v100 and the upcoming racing game, the avatars are still kinda pointless.
I am looking forward to using them. But right now, only 1v100 is the only thing I ever see my avatar in.

Old August 11th, 2009, 07:31 PM

I would assume that a lot of the games this fall will feature some unlockables for avatars. Mayeb get some superhero costumes from Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2? That would be cool!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games