Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 31st, 2009, 04:48 AM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!
This is how I would have designed Tul-Bak-Ra:

EDIT: Before another defensive personality jumps down my throat for envisioning a different version of TBR, here is a disclaimer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
I didn't say anything about my custom being superior to the official card. I didn't say TBR should be re-made or anything of the sort. In fact, I think the official card is fine.

All I'm saying is that I don't think the official card fit the description that preceded it, and this is closer to what I and many others were expecting.

"Marro overlord Tul-Bak-Ra uses his advanced alien powers to teleport himself - and his troops – across the battlefield."

Based on the official description, I think many people here were expecting Tul-Bak-Ra to be quite different than what he turned out to be. He is more like an assassin than a Kato Katsuro-esque or Ulginesh-esque Marro general. So here is my take on a Tul-Bak-Ra that fits the official description more closely:

Last edited by rouby44; June 7th, 2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:41 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: This is how I would have designed Tul-Bak-Ra:

I'd play a game (or 20) with the original before I start calling for a do over.

Boston Marathon 4/15/13 3:39:41
Last Race: Naragansett Running Festival 7/21/13 - Half Marathon - 1:50:01
Next Race: KeyBank Vermont Marathon 5/25/14
Old May 31st, 2009, 09:30 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

When I saw this thread, I was thinking he'd change the sculpt. Oh well....
Old May 31st, 2009, 10:07 AM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Add about a hundred points to him because he now bonds with the Romans.

And that new reinforcements ability is very complex...

I like him the way he is, sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Migraine View Post
That sculpt is awesome. Is fits a psychic overlord perfectly.
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:39 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
You took that the wrong way. The sculpt is sorta weird, but I actually like it; I'm just used to people whining about it.
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:41 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You took that the wrong way. The sculpt is sorta weird, but I actually like it; I'm just used to people whining about it.
Oh, okay. I thought you were whining, also.
Old May 31st, 2009, 01:48 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
"Marro overlord Tul-Bak-Ra uses his advanced alien powers to teleport himself - and his troops across the battlefield."

Based on the official description, I think many people here were expecting Tul-Bak-Ra to be quite different than what he turned out to be. He is more like an assassin than a Kato Katsuro-esque or Ulginesh-esque Marro general. So here is my take on a Tul-Bak-Ra that fits the official description more closely:

This figure hasn't been playtested yet, and so some of his numbers might need to be tweaked slightly. I'm not confident he is priced appropriately yet either, but this gist of how he would work in my mind is on the card...

I changed the Teleportation ability such that it is shorter in range than the official version, but gives TBR more movement flexibility because he may change elevation when teleporting. This is why his move value is a modest 4 spaces.

TBR can bond with the Nabrubs as well as the Grok Riders, and is a solid choice especially for the Grok Riders. Because he is fairly robust at 6 life and defense, he can tank the front lines to an extent, granting the Grok Riders the Mark of the Warlord attack bonus. Through TBR, the Grok Riders and the Nagrubs can get a nice bonus to their movement and threat range - he teleports up to four spaces ahead and then teleports Groks or Nagrubs to him, who can then move on their own turn. The Nagrubs will help keep TBR alive and give you flexibility in activating either TBR or some other Hivelord.

I think this version of TBR not only is a better fit to the original description, but also gives unity and cohesiveness to the entire Marro theme through his various synergies, with so many different Marro units.
Let me get this straight. You make a post basically stating that you think your crappy custom is superior to the official card that was created by the very person who owns and operates the website on which you are posting you assinine custom? I don't think so.

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 31st, 2009, 02:04 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

[quote=Grungebob;835316]
Quote:
Let me get this straight. You make a post basically stating that you think your crappy custom is superior to the official card that was created by the very person who owns and operates the website on which you are posting you assinine custom? I don't think so.
Old May 31st, 2009, 02:31 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

I didn't say anything about my custom being superior to the official card. I didn't say TBR should be re-made or anything of the sort. In fact, I think the official card is fine.

All I'm saying is that I don't think the official card fit the description that preceded it, and this is closer to what I was expecting. You guys put too many words into my mouth.

Last edited by rouby44; May 31st, 2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old May 31st, 2009, 02:47 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I'm also sorry, I like the original, just a little cheap for being that good. The only thing I don't like about the original is his pointed head. Other than that I am good. So I guess I'm guilty of whining. But not as epicly as others.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old May 31st, 2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Add about a hundred points to him because he now bonds with the Romans.
Good point. I should figure out a way to address (prevent) that.

Quote:
And that new reinforcements ability is very complex...
I don't think it's very complex - wordy, but not complex. All you do is roll the d20. Let's say that you rolled a 15. Well that means you could summon 3 small figures ( 5 + 5 + 5 = 15), two medium figures (6 + 6 = 12), or one large figure and one medium figure (7 + 6 = 13). Very straightforward...
Old May 31st, 2009, 04:38 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
]Let me get this straight. You make a post basically stating that you think your crappy custom is superior to the official card that was created by the very person who owns and operates the website on which you are posting you assinine custom? I don't think so.
Was that really necessary? So what if he thinks his custom is better then the official card? Is it so inconceivable that someone could improve on an official card? And what does Truth designing the card, and owning and operating this site have anything to do with it? Your comment seemed uncharacteristically mean-spirited.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards