Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 22nd, 2008, 02:31 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!
Rampant Ninth Wizard Speculation

So far, we know that there are 8 elven wizards, and that the 9th is probably going to come out in Wave 9. But what is (s)he gonna do?

So far, we have:

Ulginesh- Order marker dump and pseudo-bonder
Arkmer- Works with all elves and lays the smack down
Kyntela Gwyn- Defense booster
Emiroon- Summoner
Morsbane- Master Negater
Jorhdawn- Fire 1!
Chardris- Fire 2!
Acolarh- Does nothing. Seriously. (We call him Whack-o-larh in my circle). I guess you could say he makes figures move faster and he protects them.

One thing that I've noticed whenever anyone plays the Elf wizards is that they have very few dedicated attackers. Any Elf wizard army must include at least two of the following three: Jorhdawn, Chardris, and Arkmer. They hit the hardest. The problem is that once one of your attackers dies, the Elves become seriously gimped.

Because 5 of the existing 8 are more for control, protection, and nifty tricks, I suspect that the final wizard will be another attacking wizard. Call it a hunch. Call it a necessity. I'll be slightly upset if it's not true. They could also use a way to get more than two attacks per turn.

So how will the next wizard attack? We've already got 2 fire wielders, since they're family, it'd make sense for the last wizard to use something else, unless he's a member of their family. I like that one has an explosion attack, and that one has a simple ranged attack (although a Mimring style Fire line would be cool too).

One possibility is Lightning. I've been posting these first two ideas in a couple of threads, including the Book of Arkmer, and OM III which I wrote a year ago.

"As for the Elf Wizards, I’d be excited if one of them had either (or both) of these two abilities:
Chain Lightning Special Attack
Range 5, Attack 2
If at least one skull is rolled with Chain Lightning Special attack, you may attack another target within 2 clear sight spaces of the last target with Chain Lightning Special attack. You may not attack the same target more than once, and you may not attack more than 5 times in one turn with Chain Lightning Special attack. Soulborgs roll one less defense die when attacked with Chain Lightning special attack.
Lightning Strike Special Attack
Range 7, Attack 4
Soulborgs roll 1 less defense die against Lightning Strike Special attack. If Lightning Strike Special attack inflicts at least one wound, roll the twenty sided die. On a roll of 17 or higher, remove one unrevealed order marker from the defending unit’s card."

Some other possibilities for Lightning usage include (thought these up more recently):

Arc Lightning Special Attack
Range 7. Lob 8. Attack 3+ Special
Semaj cannot use Arc Lightning Special Attack if he moved this turn. When Semaj attacks with Arc Lightning Special Attack, add 1 to Semaj's attack dice for every additional Elf Wizard you control within 3 clear sight spaces of Semaj, up to a maximum of 3 dice. Any soulborgs or figures standing on water spaces roll one less defense die against Arc Lightning Special Attack.

Lightning Bolt Special Attack
Range Special. Attack 4.
Choose 3+X spaces in a line from Semaj, where X is the number of Elf Wizards within 3 clear sight spaces of Semaj, up to a maximum of 3. All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Semaj's Lightning Bolt Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately. Any soulborgs or figures standing on water spaces roll one less defense die against Lightning Bolt Special Attack.

If you look at popular ideas of magic in other games, Poison, Acid, Earth and Cold are often common elements as well. Special attacks that mimic the breath weapons of Nilfheim or Braxas, but are slightly weaker could also be rather interesting. Here's an example for ice, I leave it to your imaginations to come up with more:

Ice Shard Blast Special Attack
Range 4. Attack 3.
Semaj may attack one additional time for each Elf Wizard within 3 clear sight spaces, up to a maximum of 3. He may not attack the same figure more than once per turn. Any figures standing on Molten Lava or Lava Field spaces roll one more defense die against Ice Shard Blast Special attack. Any figures standing on Ice or Snow spaces roll one less defense die against Ice Shard Blast Special Attack.

But who's to say that he's really going to be a magic attacker? Could the 'Wizard' moniker just as easily be bestowed upon some rough and tumble face smasher with Sgt. Drake-style melee stats? It's possible.

One thing that really sent my mind racing is how Theracus seems to be involved with the Elven army, but has no specific synergy beyond being able to carry any of them except Ulginesh, who can fly anyway. Then you add in the fact that Truth hinted at something down the pipeline that will make Zetacron better. Is it possible that the 9th wizard would have Scout Hero bonding? That'd be wicked. It would simultaneously give Theracus a new niche, and give the Wizards a potential 3rd quality attack per turn in Zetacron.

That's enough from me. Let's hear your ideas.

(I almost regret starting this, because as a rule I dislike elves in most games. I just like the synergy that they've got so far, and have found them rather lacking when it comes to beating any army that I've fielded against them. They need some help, that's for sure).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 22nd, 2008, 02:40 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: Rampant Ninth Wizard Speculation

Another choice would be for an attack booster to give an overall improvement. In other words, a cheap elven Taelord to go with the cheap elven Raelin that is Kyntela Gwyn.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 02:42 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death! Jexik is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Another choice would be for an attack booster to give an overall improvement. In other words, a cheap elven Taelord to go with the cheap elven Raelin that is Kyntela Gwyn.
Wow, I hadn't thought of that. That'd be an excellent addition to help out the Aubrien Archers if it worked for all elves, even if only the adjacent ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 22nd, 2008, 02:42 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Chain Lightning Special Attack
Range 5, Attack 2
If at least one skull is rolled with Chain Lightning Special attack, you may attack another target within 2 clear sight spaces of the last target with Chain Lightning Special attack. You may not attack the same target more than once, and you may not attack more than 5 times in one turn with Chain Lightning Special attack. Soulborgs roll one less defense die when attacked with Chain Lightning special attack.
That is what I was thinking more or less. That would be one powerful attack.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Wow, I hadn't thought of that. That'd be an excellent addition to help out the Aubrien Archers if it worked for all elves, even if only the adjacent ones.
Of course, to fit the bill properly such a figure would be worth around 25pts but actually cost 40pts.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 03:01 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

So how will the next wizard attack? We've already got 2 fire wielders, since they're family, it'd make sense for the last wizard to use something else, unless he's a member of their family. I like that one has an explosion attack, and that one has a simple ranged attack (although a Mimring style Fire line would be cool too).
Some have speculated that the 9th is Jordawn's mom, which would (most likely)be another fire wielder...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa in Urban Rivals, the coolest, online CCG of all time!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old September 22nd, 2008, 03:34 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Quote:

Some have speculated that the 9th is Jordawn's mom, which would (most likely)be another fire wielder...

Brandon
Maybe Jorhdawn's mom was a lightning wielder, but she could blast an entire area? So then, her and Richards got together and made a Fire-wielder that can hit an entire area....

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 22nd, 2008, 03:38 PM

SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker SpartanNinja knows what's in an order marker

Your lightning attacks up there (as well as that chain reaction one I recall seeing) have always looked cool Jexik. Something that is along that line would make sense.

... Where does it say Morsbane is one of the Nine? He could be... but his garb doesn't really fit in well with the other wizards and I don't recall his bio ever mentioning any other wizards (excluding his mother)... Could there be two more elven wizards to complete the Nine?

Whether to believe or disbelieve, it is a wicked thing to take away menís hope.

Old September 22nd, 2008, 03:55 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think the elf wizard army would be better off with a squad that actually has synergy with the wizards.

Maybe some kind of bodygaurd unit, or a unique squad of elven wizards. Now that I think about it, a squad of wizards would fill the multiple attacks role in an interesting way. They wouldn't really benefit too much from Ulginesh and Emiroon, but they would allow you to set up multiple blocks of elves, or possibly make Elf Wizards viable as a support stratagy.

Edit: Whoops I forgot about that "9 wizards" thing in the character bio . . . . Still I stand by my statement that a squad of wizards is the way to go.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Last edited by Xn F M; September 23rd, 2008 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Complete and total absent mindedness
Old September 22nd, 2008, 03:59 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun Pumpkin_King is a penguin with a machine gun

Or, instead of an attacker, maybe an elf that would help you use elves after their death. A wizard with an Elf Wizard Spirit Channel power. Once per round, he can choose a previously-destroyed Elf Wizard and copy his or her's abilities. His stats would probably be like 2 across the board to make up for that, though.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 04:35 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Hmm... to throw a dart blind, so to speak, I think it would be an "up close and personal" type. Yeah, they're Wizards, so that's kinda odd, but I think it could work. A short-range attack (three or four), but a BIG boom.

Just rampant speculation.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 05:55 PM

DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby! DrRansom rolls all skulls baby!

I want entirely new concepts.. like this elf can cause the opponents pieces to move some spaces in any direction. Or on this elfs turn you may see the other players order markers. Or when you revel an order marker on this elf the first player who shouts "Mae govannen!" has to buy the other player a drink! Yeah.. That's the kinda wizard I wanna roll with.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units