Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Old April 2nd, 2013, 05:49 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness orgsbane wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Players who got hooked through Marvelscape.

My friend got hooked on Marvelscape. I had it sitting out and his eyes lit up
Old April 8th, 2013, 06:18 PM

Gojira Woo who?

Here's a quick question. I got a starter set of some IndyClix (HeroClix of Independent Comics characters) and was looking through some of the cards available for the characters on here. For some of them (in particular Lobster Johnson) there are multiple cards that people have made.

So, my question is, when that happens how do you guys choose one to use? A couple of the LJ cards seem overpowered, but the third seems a little underpowered.
Is this something where you just have to try the character out and tweak it after the fact?
Old April 8th, 2013, 09:32 PM

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojira View Post
Here's a quick question. I got a starter set of some IndyClix (HeroClix of Independent Comics characters) and was looking through some of the cards available for the characters on here. For some of them (in particular Lobster Johnson) there are multiple cards that people have made.

So, my question is, when that happens how do you guys choose one to use? A couple of the LJ cards seem overpowered, but the third seems a little underpowered.
Is this something where you just have to try the character out and tweak it after the fact?
C3G, I believe creates cards from the ground up like C3V. You seem to be looking at customs people have made and posted. C3G hasn't made any card for Lobster Johnson it appears. Maybe you can suggest it to them.

"I am definitely a mad man with a box."

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Since you mentioned it, we (C3G) have plans for a Lobster Johnson, but not until 2014 or later, unfortunately!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 8th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Gojira's post called forth Batman.
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:22 AM

Gojira Woo who?

I definitely checked C3G first, because I really like the idea that they have all been play tested together. Maybe once 2014 rolls around I'll be swapping out whatever card I'm using for the new Lobster Johnson card.

And MegaSilver's exactly right. When I saw how many different versions of Batman there are I was shocked. For him, you could just go with the C3G version, but what about when that's not an option? Do you guys just guess? Or do you try to test out the different versions?

I'm actually thinking of mixing a couple of the Lobster Johnsons together into one card. I don't want him to be able to take out Hulk or Thanos with one lucky D20 roll, but I would like him to have some decent abilities.
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is up to you. Try what you think is right and playtest it.
Make sure it as fun to play against as with and you should be good.
Looking forward to Lobster myself.

Tornado was the Nagrub thought bubble above the head of Brunak...
in THE MYCELOID MANOR
Old April 10th, 2013, 08:39 PM

itsbuzzi knows what's in an order marker itsbuzzi knows what's in an order marker itsbuzzi knows what's in an order marker

From how Marvel was brought into Heroscape I'm very surprised to how big this list is. The Marvel set seemed very...unorganized. The only reason me and my buddies got this set was to increase the amount of terrain pieces we had. However, if the list of custom Marvel/DC/Dark Horse was in production at the time of Marvel's release the list size would be much much larger.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:29 PM

Gojira Woo who?

So, I had friends over and finally busted out all three Master Sets from the closet for the first real game I've had, and it was great. Using the C3G cards for some Heroclix figures I got in a batch from eBay was brilliant!

So, here's my question for those of you who have played a lot more: What kind of scenarios have you used?
We played two games. One was just a Deathmatch until only one player was standing (came down to one figure per player, nicely!). The second game we spread every glyph we had all over the board and whoever had the most after five rounds won (literally came down to the last roll of the dice).

What other kinds of scenarios have worked well with the superhero version of Heroscape? I've been looking at some of the boards on here, and there are some great ones. But there are also some that seem like they would be complicated until all of the flying and jumping characters started moving around and then it wouldn't matter.

So I guess my second question is what kind of methods do you use to restrict the flyers? Or do you bother?
Old September 21st, 2013, 10:49 PM

Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker Mars1912 knows what's in an order marker

I definitely got hooked though Marvelscape. I was given Marvelscape for my tenth birthday and it was my only set for 3 years. I only just got around to buying classic scape a year ago.
Old September 21st, 2013, 11:37 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Welcome to the site (and the list), Mars1912! Good luck on your search for classic 'Scape - I recommend checking the Trade section of this site, as most 'Scapers offer each other better deals than you'll find on ebay and such.
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:25 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojira View Post
I definitely checked C3G first, because I really like the idea that they have all been play tested together. Maybe once 2014 rolls around I'll be swapping out whatever card I'm using for the new Lobster Johnson card.

And MegaSilver's exactly right. When I saw how many different versions of Batman there are I was shocked. For him, you could just go with the C3G version, but what about when that's not an option? Do you guys just guess? Or do you try to test out the different versions?

I'm actually thinking of mixing a couple of the Lobster Johnsons together into one card. I don't want him to be able to take out Hulk or Thanos with one lucky D20 roll, but I would like him to have some decent abilities.
I'd use some C3G card to stand in for him till the C3G got er done!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion