Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 11th, 2006, 12:29 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Who's better: Nilfeim? or Q9?

Hard to debate in my opinion. What is everyone else's opinion?
Old July 11th, 2006, 01:04 AM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Easily Nlfheim
Old July 11th, 2006, 02:56 AM

feekonea has disabled reputation
I would say Q9, I cannot seem to stop him, although I havent played against Nif.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old July 11th, 2006, 03:46 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
When I saw the topic and that Jason (was) the last person to post, I started to laugh. I knew the gist of what he would say, if not the actual words.

On topic, while I haven't played with or against either yet, I would be more worried with going up against Q9. From threads with Nilf's difficulty in landing and such, I think I could manage to steer clear of Nilf for the most part. Q9 is a little more mobile, and the range, def, and special are not to be taken lightly. Sure DW9K's go down against single attack die units, but Q9 has more life to contend with.
Old July 11th, 2006, 06:51 AM

Jandars_Hope is surprisingly tart
I'd say i prefer Nilfiem-i like the dragons and i like nilf's special ability...whereas i can never pull off anything decent with Q9's spec.ab.
Old July 11th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nilfeim is better at snowball fighting, but Q9 can do the robot as well as a couple of other dances like the MC Hammer dance.
Old July 11th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I'd fear Q9 more than Nilf. For some of the above reasons regarding mobility and defense issues.... but also because of Q9's range 8 normal attack! I think that range 8 / strength 4 attack gets commonly overlooked. Q9 has an innate 8 range attack that forces most other ranged units to move within his even more deadly special attack zone.

For example, I had my KMA unit, full strength, facing Q9 as he joined the fray in a battle after my KMA had waxed several enemy units thus far... Figuring that Q9 would eventually mosey into range in order to use his Queglix Gun, my KMA staked out nice strategic positions and watched as Q9 marched forward... only to stop at range 8 from my closest KMA and proceed to shoot. I was at an instant dilema. In order to move in to attack in sufficient numbers to go toe to toe with Q9, I would have to leave my advantages height positions and move within range of his deadly Queglix Gun... My KMA eventually were mowed down by the combo of his attack 4/range 8 and his Queglix special.

Against Nilf, a decent ranged unit can get in some good potshots at distance before allowing the dragon to fully utilize his ice shard attack at closer range... but no such luck against Q9... He has the 3rd best normal range in the entire game behind Dan and Sylvarris.

Hence, that shoulder-padded freak is much more intimidating than Nilf, IMHO.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old July 11th, 2006, 10:31 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Well, Q9 has 7 defense and 4 life. That can be a challenge at life some times. He also has 4 attack with 8 range.

Nilfheim, on the other hand, is my all around favorite figure. He has 6 move, 6 attack and 4 defense, which IMO is perfect. He also has a ranged special that can hit multiple opponents, with 4 attack, rather than 3 on Q9. I have only had problems moving Nilfheim once before and that was me trying to get height advantage on a DW9K so i could have 7 attack on it instead of 6. Who doesnt want that additional die?

personally, i prefer to use nilfheim, but would be more frightend against a Q9.
Old July 11th, 2006, 10:36 AM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
It depends on whether you let Q9's shoulders block his LOS or not. If you do he is not near as powerful as he would with full LOS and I would pick Nilfheim, but if you let Q9 view freely I would pick him.

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!
Old July 11th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillanator
It depends on whether you let Q9's shoulders block his LOS or not. If you do he is not near as powerful as he would with full LOS and I would pick Nilfheim, but if you let Q9 view freely I would pick him.
I don't know of anyone who actually uses the official LOS rules for Q9. We never let his shoulderpads block LOS. He would be unplayable if that were actually the case.

Some flexibilty with LOS with a fig like him is just intuitive.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old July 11th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
.....personally, i prefer to use nilfheim, but would be more frightend against a Q9.
Doesn't that sum it all up nicely? Which unit is the better one? Typically the one you would be more afraid of facing in battle.

Old July 11th, 2006, 02:11 PM

E.G.Snakeman has disabled reputation
Nilf
What's with the movement issues?
they're both double based, and nilfhiem flies!
perhaps you mean size issues... which is only a problem on certain maps.

and yes; I own and use them

If it's not a Doberman, It's just a dog!
But grass dogs are cool too...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units