Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 25th, 2008, 08:46 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart
Re: Origins of HS Names

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoVanilla View Post
Great info...must've taken a pretty long time to research for...but I kinda think that the Warriors of Ashra should somehow be related to the Amazon warriors...
Elven Ashra Warriors= Human Amazon warriors
Even though they look the same the WoA are elves.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old July 26th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of Vydar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoVanilla View Post
Great info...must've taken a pretty long time to research for...but I kinda think that the Warriors of Ashra should somehow be related to the Amazon warriors...
Elven Ashra Warriors= Human Amazon warriors
Even though they look the same the WoA are elves.
One of them looks like Tina Turner. <grin>
Old August 31st, 2008, 02:03 PM

LeChevalierdeBalibari Woo who?

I don't know if it had been said before but Chardris is an anagram for Richards.
Old August 31st, 2008, 04:30 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChevalierdeBalibari View Post
I don't know if it had been said before but Chardris is an anagram for Richards.
A bit of search and reading would let you know that you are correct, and that it has been said before...several times.
Old September 1st, 2008, 08:21 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

It just hit me that Arkmer is an anagram for marker. I don't know if this has any relevance or not.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old September 1st, 2008, 11:41 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of Vydar View Post
It just hit me that Arkmer is an anagram for marker. I don't know if this has any relevance or not.
It is also an anagram of remark as well as Kramer....still do not know what your point was for...or there even was a point.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 10:09 AM

Cooper Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
You know, it's the darndest thing... I have no idea. I Googled, but all of the links lead to Gurei = Gray, and I can't imagine any other place I would have found it.

...are you creating a web-wide conspiracy? Making yourself seem smarter? Changing every link to say Gray!?

No. That's crazy.

...or is it?
It can mean mountain peak. (http://bujinkan.graycastle.com/keiko/)
Really depends on how you write it.
Oh, and the -emon suffix in Kaemon is used for old names, from samurai times. It's like -yl on Ethyl and Beryl, not very common anymore.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:12 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

Hmm... I've got some:

Decimus Gallus = Tenth Hen (it's relevance to anything is unkown, except that he is leader of Ninth Roman Legion. The fact that he has 10 in his name could be a connection)

Dupius was a fairly common last name I believe from England.

The Sacred Band was the elite force of the Theban army. Linkage

EDIT: Too late for that last one... Here's another:

Jandar is a type of irrigation, Linkage

And Runa, is a popular singer's name of Bangladeshi origin. There's also an Islamic artist with a similar name

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Last edited by Metaknight; September 2nd, 2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

AHA! SO I WASN'T CRAZY! I think it means Mountain Peak... just sounds better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaknight View Post
Decimus Gallus = Tenth Hen (it's relevance to anything is unkown, except that he is leader of Ninth Roman Legion. The fact that he has 10 in his name could be a connection)
Marcus and Decimus are both fairly common names, with Gallus being his family name. Vaguely knowing how Roman names work, I assume his father was named "Decimus ______ Gallus."

See, families will often give their sons three names - first, a given name, in this case, "Marcus." Then, for a middle name, their father's given name, in this case, "Decimus." And finally, his family name, "Gallus." It comes together - Marcus Decimus Gallus.

Like Horace's real name - Quintus (his given name) Horatius (his family name) Flaccus (his father's name).

Err... wait... that's out of order. So maybe Gallus was his father's name? Or maybe Marcus is his given name, Decimus is his family name, and Gallus is his title of sorts. It means rooster, so maybe he's cocky?

I dunno. Somethin'.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:24 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker

I take Latin too you know!

It's like first, middle, and last names. A little different now a days... a lot of people's middle names were taken from there ancestors (like mine is), but many are not.

But seeing as Marcus Decimus Gallus is fictional, and he has no father unit, I'm sure there was a reason for giving him that name.

Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Or maybe they just wanted to make things accurate.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Or maybe they just wanted to make things accurate.
I was thinking both... accurate, and with a reason.

Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...

Last edited by Metaknight; September 2nd, 2008 at 11:38 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units