Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old July 10th, 2008, 02:08 AM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Best Actors! A Total Showdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Has anybody mentioned Kevin Bacon? He seems like he has an eclectic range he's capable of, not as strong as Pitt or Depp, obviously.
See Cage, Nicholas. It may be a great game to link another actor in 6 jumps, but Kevin himself is never more than a step away from total garbage. But maybe I'm just bitter about getting teabagged with Kevin's Bacon in Wild Things.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old July 10th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

Some additional actors who (unless I missed them) I think have been skipped:

Emile Hirsch A young guy who, IMHO, has done some excellent work. I just rewatched "Into the Wild" and think he has as much promise as any young actor today.

Jim Carrey I know, I know but despite being mostly a comedy guy he is great. He has owned every roll he has ever played. Just look at this guys filmography sometime and tell me one roll were you think (despite the film) he wasn't great in. Just my opinion. (That's read IMO for you text junkies)

Tim Curry Even more so than Jim Carrey I realize this one is a stretch. He is mainly a character actor for sure. But I like him for the same reasons I like Carrey because he IS the character he IS the roll. He isn't so much a leading man and I know he won't make this list but I personally really like him.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old July 10th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
Has anybody mentioned Kevin Bacon? He seems like he has an eclectic range he's capable of, not as strong as Pitt or Depp, obviously.
See Cage, Nicholas. It may be a great game to link another actor in 6 jumps, but Kevin himself is never more than a step away from total garbage. But maybe I'm just bitter about getting teabagged with Kevin's Bacon in Wild Things.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old July 22nd, 2008, 06:20 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

I couldn't decide which one's, they're all great actors (in my opinion).

Kirk Douglas and Micheal Douglas
Richard Harris, Alec Guinness, Oliver Reed, Willem Dafoe, Henry Fonda, Marlon Brando, Hugo Weaving, John Leguizamo, Sean Bean, Micheal Beihn, Kurt Russell, Bruce Willis, Tom Hanks, Val Kilmer, Ed Norton, Bruce Campbell (come on). That's it. I could keep going because I am very indecisive about actors and movies.

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old August 26th, 2008, 05:05 PM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

How about Antonio Banderas? He's a great actor. Not just in his stereotype roles (screw spy kids).

Tim Robbins (anybody seen Noise?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister View Post
Jim Carrey I know, I know but despite being mostly a comedy guy he is great. He has owned every roll he has ever played.
He's not an actor. He's an over-actor.
But I have respect for his craft. Chris Farley and Jack Black can't do what he does.
---------------------------

High five to those who mentioned Nicolas Cage and John Cusack. Great actors with great range of acting.
---------------------------

How about the guy who played Anakin Skywalker (Jumper actor)? He did a great job making Anakin queery and less manly.

Last edited by Ugly-Caco; August 26th, 2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old August 30th, 2008, 09:29 AM

LeChevalierdeBalibari Woo who?

Please add these guys to your list:Marlon Brando and James Stewart.
Old November 29th, 2008, 01:52 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temprit View Post
I couldn't decide which one's, they're all great actors (in my opinion).

Kirk Douglas and Micheal Douglas
Richard Harris, Alec Guinness, Oliver Reed, Willem Dafoe, Henry Fonda, Marlon Brando, Hugo Weaving, John Leguizamo, Sean Bean, Micheal Beihn, Kurt Russell, Bruce Willis, Tom Hanks, Val Kilmer, Ed Norton, Bruce Campbell (come on). That's it. I could keep going because I am very indecisive about actors and movies.

Amen to the bolded names!
My first choice would probably have to be Ioan Gruffud. I LOVED his take on William Wilberforce in Amazing Grace!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 29th, 2008, 01:56 PM

Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby! Richard rolls all skulls baby!

What about Joe Pesci, Robert DiNero, or Nick Nolte?

Strong arms and sharp steel rule this world.
Never believe any different.

Last edited by Richard; November 29th, 2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old November 29th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; November 29th, 2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Took out my thread hijack
Old November 29th, 2008, 03:12 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasmas View Post
I second (or third, or fourth) Don Cheadle.

I also would like to add a nomination for Mos Def. Definitely the strongest rapper-turned-actor that I've ever seen. His work in Something the Lord Made was phenomenal.
I absolutely agree with Don Cheedle, but Mos Def...come on we are talking top 30. Yes he has made a good transition, but he is not in the same echelon as others mentioned.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 15th, 2008, 05:35 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, considering that most of my favorite actors have been mentioned already (Hopkins, Depp, Hanks, etc.) I will spout out a few names who, though I don't think will make the list, definately deserve some props.

As a stretch, and though he probably isn't one of the best, Heath Ledger had some of the greatest potential before his tragic death. Seeing his performance as the Joker in the "Dark Knight", I believe that he outdid Christian Bale by a longshot. Besides, he still has one more film left, "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus", directed by Terry Giliam from the Monty Python cast. Overall, though I have not seen many of his films, his filmography over his relatively short career is astounding: A Knight's Tale, Brokeback Mountain, Four Feathers, the Patriot, etc. And saying that people exaggerate about his performance in the Dark Knight is, to me, a falsehood. Maybe I thougt higher of his acting because he was posthumuous, but I still think that he was the best part of the latest Batman film.

And finally, John Malkovich and Jeremy Irons are a couple of people who I always enjoy seeing act in the few movies that I have seen.

Just my

-scorp

scorpiusx presents...The Orphanage....

Last edited by scorpiusx; December 15th, 2008 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Didn't see Al Pacino listed...
Old December 15th, 2008, 07:50 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
As a stretch, and though he probably isn't one of the best, Heath Ledger had some of the greatest potential before his tragic death. Seeing his performance as the Joker in the "Dark Knight", I believe that he outdid Christian Bale by a longshot. Besides, he still has one more film left, "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus", directed by Terry Giliam from the Monty Python cast. Overall, though I have not seen many of his films, his filmography over his relatively short career is astounding: A Knight's Tale, Brokeback Mountain, Four Feathers, the Patriot, etc. And saying that people exaggerate about his performance in the Dark Knight is, to me, a falsehood. Maybe I thougt higher of his acting because he was posthumuous, but I still think that he was the best part of the latest Batman film.

-scorp

I agree with you ALL THE WAY on Heath Ledger. Maybe for the next Batman movie, Christopher Nolan should get a villain who DOESN'T steal the show from Christian Bale!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies