Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old July 3rd, 2016, 01:46 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Arena of the Planeswalkers sets are in clearance aisle at Target for $15.
Just throwing it out there as that would be cheap even just for the name figures, plus all the constructs.
Old October 6th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I stumbled upon this site that sells figurines (probably intended for dioramas) that I believe fit the scale of Heroscape. I believe they are all pre painted. There's also a Native American set, which I know can be hard to find in the right scale for Heroscape. Looks like there's a lot of potential there, so I thought I'd let the C3V team know about it.

http://pegasushobbies.net/catalog/Pe..._11/index.html
Old October 6th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I stumbled upon this site that sells figurines (probably intended for dioramas) that I believe fit the scale of Heroscape. I believe they are all pre painted. There's also a Native American set, which I know can be hard to find in the right scale for Heroscape. Looks like there's a lot of potential there, so I thought I'd let the C3V team know about it.

Sadly I think the 1/72 scale is unpainted un-assembled.

The 1/144 scale is painted though which is odd.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old October 6th, 2016, 07:57 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post

The 1/72 scale makes them too small for Heroscape, sadly. Heroscape is closer to 1/43 scale. Thanks for trying, though!
Old October 7th, 2016, 04:27 AM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I did some research, and heroscape figures are pretty close to 1/48 scale. The sets I linked are available in that size, however they are unpainted, so no luck there. It was fun to look though.

-------Edit------

I wanted to avoid double posting, but I found another site.
http://www.em4miniatures.com/acatalo...iniatures.html
They are 28mm, so most of them might be a bit too small. The fantasy warriors sets have some Dwarves and Orcs that could probably be used for some common squads, and they are dwarves, so the 28mm part might not even be a problem. The Elfsera Fantasy Characters sets have some really nice looking figures too. I'm especially fond of the wizard in the first fantasy set.

...hmm, I was able to find mention of this company in some older posts from 2007 on the forums, but the search engine failed to find any else.

I don't know why, I have found great interest in scouring the internet for pre-painted miniatures that could potentially be used for C3V/SoV. I know you guys already have a lot of figurines that could be used, but I'm having fun anyway. If I think I've found anything noteworthy, I'll post it here... unless there's a better place to do so that I'm not aware of?

Last edited by Leaf_It; October 9th, 2016 at 02:52 AM. Reason: I didn't want to double post
Old October 20th, 2016, 01:44 AM

Sorry to double post, but it has been nearly two weeks so I don't feel too bad...

Aquilla could use a Flag Bearer. I'm sure the C3V have wanted to make one too. Well, I found a potential figure, though I'm sure you guys have seen it before.

Its from Confrontation. Now that may raise a red flag, but Miniature Market has 20+ in stock, so availability is possibly alright.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/rkh-lire02.html
Old October 21st, 2016, 09:46 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

Dwarven Forge makes a few pre-painted miniature sets. They are a tad more expensive, but they could make some great factions on their own. I think that the lizardmen look different enough from the lizardfolk that they could be used as the race of Valhallan Lizards that gave Valgard his arm. Just give the heroes regeneration and boom. The two headed one makes sense that way, too. He survived being patially split in 2. If they follow Aquilla then boom, Flagbearer. The Guardsmen also have the same lions as the Knights of Weston. Ratmen could be a good way to expand Valkrill's forces.

Weston Guardsmen 1 Unique Hero, a common squad of 4 or 3, and 1 or 2 (Un)common heroes. $79.00 or $3.95 per figure.

Valhallan Lizardmen 4 Unique Heroes, 1 Common Squad, 1 (Un)common hero. $48.00 or $3.20 per figure.

Ratmen 2 common squads. $42.00 or $3.50 per figure.
Old October 22nd, 2016, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
Dwarven Forge makes a few pre-painted miniature sets. They are a tad more expensive, but they could make some great factions on their own. I think that the lizardmen look different enough from the lizardfolk that they could be used as the race of Valhallan Lizards that gave Valgard his arm. Just give the heroes regeneration and boom. The two headed one makes sense that way, too. He survived being patially split in 2. If they follow Aquilla then boom, Flagbearer. The Guardsmen also have the same lions as the Knights of Weston. Ratmen could be a good way to expand Valkrill's forces.

Weston Guardsmen 1 Unique Hero, a common squad of 4 or 3, and 1 or 2 (Un)common heroes. $79.00 or $3.95 per figure.

Valhallan Lizardmen 4 Unique Heroes, 1 Common Squad, 1 (Un)common hero. $48.00 or $3.20 per figure.

Ratmen 2 common squads. $42.00 or $3.50 per figure.
I've come across this site before. I'm not with the the C3V, so I can't speak for them, but ignoring the potential issues with the price, these figures are expertly painted from what I can tell. They likely don't have a large number of sets ready at any given time, and only have more painted once they've sold those few. So if say, 2 or three people were to buy 2 of each set, (because they want the commons) the site would list the sets as temporarily out of stock. I say this because about a weeks ago, when I last visited this site, they were out of the pre-painted Lizardmen Clan.

However, if the C3V are okay with using these, the Lizardmen Clan have an excellent standard bearer that could be used as an Aquilla Flag bearer. It's a little unfortunate that lizardmen are already in Ullar's army, making that the more obvious choice for the general they should belong to. Then again, Elves are under multiple generals too, so maybe it's not an issue.
Old October 28th, 2016, 12:30 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

There is a new Pathfinder Battles set coming out in November.

http://pathfinderminis.com/gallery24.htm

Depending on price/availability, maybe we can pounce on a few of these early so we can secure mini's for future C3V projects.

Figures I like based on preliminary images:

Unicorn (uncommon)
Torrent Hellknight (uncommon)
Bearded Devil (uncommon)

Priest of Asmodeus + Thrune Enforcer (common, maybe a squad?)
Old February 20th, 2017, 12:53 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

No news on what will be in the line yet, but I thought this was interesting:

HeroClix: Undead will have a total of 19 new figures, all drawing from classic horror tropes. In addition to the titular living dead - in the form of ghosts, skeletons, and zombies - werewolves, demons, and gothic horror fixtures like Dr. Jekyll will appear in the set. Altogether, the set will have 9 common, 8 rare, and 2 chase figures.
Due out in June!
Old February 20th, 2017, 03:09 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Ooooh that could be really cool, depending on what the commons are.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 01:53 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

In a previous post (somewhere in these archives), I'd asked about the C3V's consideration of an expansion/terrain expansion/master set release. In short, something other than just the custom figures...or rather, custom figures with a few terrain pieces to go along with them. For example, the new Teeth of the Makwa squad would be sweet released with Teepee tents and a fire pit or something.

The suggestion I have is for C3V to expand a little bit and maybe look into larger expansions. I wouldn't mind spending a few extra bucks to buy terrain pieces the C3V group felt added more to the heroscape game, as long as it was accepted as "Unofficially Official". Specifically I'd love to see a desert expansion. This idea was developed in part by @Tiranx and @qt.bangerang and I've added some pictures below as potential references for terrain possibilities etc. I think this could really excite the community for new expansions when they know there could be terrain expansions coming out as well. This may be impractical due to availability of certain pieces, but with enough research...maybe we'll be able to find something.

Fence Posts - Amazon $14
I like the look of these, but I'm sure we could find a cheaper option that still looked good.

Cactus Plants - Amazon $12

Animal Bones - Amazon $6

And it doesn't even have to be a desert expansion or anything...these are just my thoughts.

Do you think you guys will look into it? or is this just wishful thinking...?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs