Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 27th, 2015, 10:45 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

@fireemblemrox , when painting figures.
First a basecoat or primer. I generally slop on a basecoat of whatever color is the most prominant color on the figure. Vipers-Medium or grass green. Gladiatrons-a bluish grey.
Then add on any drybrushing you might want to give the figure some extra depth. After, I will take a small fine point brush and add in all the little details,(Teeth, eyes, clothing, accessories,etc.) When all the details are done I add a wash.(Watered down paint with a touch of floor wax to help it cling to the crevices.) This gives the figure all the depth it has and helps the details pop. There are some painting tutorials on here I believe, but I would also check out Youtube under, Miniature figure painting. You could probably look up techniques on drybrushing and washing as well. How I get the colors matched is pretty simple. I just compare an original figure with the paint I have.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 19th, 2015, 12:49 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The wording on Overextend Attack reads "You may only use this power once during a round". Does that mean that Alistair and Eldgrim can't use both their Overextends in the same round?

~TAF, unsure if this has been asked before

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old July 19th, 2015, 11:34 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
The wording on Overextend Attack reads "You may only use this power once during a round". Does that mean that Alistair and Eldgrim can't use both their Overextends in the same round?

~TAF, unsure if this has been asked before
They both get to use Overextend Attack. This holds true because of the Airborne Elite and any other later units* with Grenade Lob Special Attack. While the Airborne Elite get to use 1 salvo of grenades, the other figure would also get to use 1 salvo of grenade(s). Powers like these are counted as single instances of themselves.

It's like a potion. Both figures can use their own potion on themselves, even if that potion only has 1 use per game/round.

Edit: Double Attack would also work like this, however Frenzy does not because it cannot differentiate turns.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; July 19th, 2015 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Double Attack would also work like this, however Frenzy does not because it cannot differentiate turns
Old July 20th, 2015, 10:36 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If Dund zaps all the OMs off of Siege's Army Card while Crag of Steel is active, does the removal of the X marker cancel CoS too?

~TAF, doubtful but nonetheless curious

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old July 21st, 2015, 01:32 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

The way these X order marker powers are written, they activate when you reveal the X. Having the revealed X remain on the card is not a requirement to keep the power active.

Also, dund was a much earlier release. I suspect if he had been released later on, it would say remove all unrevealed order markers. At the time, the reveal X powers we're not even a thing.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 27th, 2015, 10:24 PM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

When a Deathstalker successfully uses Maul against a Deathreaver, does that trigger Scatter?

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old July 27th, 2015, 10:50 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mailman View Post
When a Deathstalker successfully uses Maul against a Deathreaver, does that trigger Scatter?
Nope; no defense dice were rolled.

~JS
Old July 28th, 2015, 08:49 AM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

Thank you.

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old July 29th, 2015, 11:15 AM

Millni6 knows what's in an order marker Millni6 knows what's in an order marker

I tried searching and couldn't find answers to these.

Does a friendly splash attack hit your allies. I.E. Airborn Grenade, Mimring special, Deathwalker.

Does height advantage work with specials? - I don't think so but my friend wanted me to ask.

Captain America's Shield throw - It is 3 separate rolls correct? Not just one (i.e Mimring) that bounces and hits the other figures and it has to be within range on all three rolls, correct.

Does Finn's attack aura stack on himself?
Old July 29th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millni6 View Post
Does a friendly splash attack hit your allies. I.E. Airborn Grenade, Mimring special, Deathwalker.
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millni6
Does height advantage work with specials? - I don't think so but my friend wanted me to ask.
You're correct, no height advantage added to Special Attacks (but the defending figure can add to their defence).

Quote:
Captain America's Shield throw - It is 3 separate rolls correct? Not just one (i.e Mimring) that bounces and hits the other figures and it has to be within range on all three rolls, correct.
Yes, it's bascially the same as Nilfheim's Ice Shard Special Attack. One slightly tricky thing to note is that if he is engaged then he can only attack figures he is engaged with. So, for example, if he is engaged with one figure and has two more options in range but not engaged, he can use Shield Throw on the first but must make the kill (and thus become unengaged) if he is to use it on the other two that turn.

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but you can put a destroyed Finn's carcase on another player's still-living Finn to get the spirit boost.
Old July 29th, 2015, 11:32 AM

Millni6 knows what's in an order marker Millni6 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
You're correct, no height advantage added to Special Attacks (but the defending figure can add to their defence).

Quote:
Yes, it's bascially the same as Nilfheim's Ice Shard Special Attack. One slightly tricky thing to note is that if he is engaged then he can only attack figures he is engaged with. So, for example, if he is engaged with one figure and has two more options in range but not engaged, he can use Shield Throw on the first but must make the kill (and thus become unengaged) if he is to use it on the other two that turn.

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but you can put a destroyed Finn's carcase on another player's still-living Finn to get the spirit boost.
In regards to Finn it reads that all figures adjacent to him are effected by his attack aura. I wasn't sure if that meant he got 3+1 or if the 3 is what he should roll. Reason being someone like Realin specifically says that the defense aura does not stack on her.
Old July 29th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
Quote:
In regards to Finn it reads that all figures adjacent to him are effected by his attack aura. I wasn't sure if that meant he got 3+1 or if the 3 is what he should roll. Reason being someone like Realin specifically says that the defense aura does not stack on her.
Ahh, I see the issue now. It's the figures that are adjacent to Finn that get the boost. A figure is not adjacent to itself, so Finn just gets his base attack. (Raelin is slightly different as the trigger is clear sight rather than adjacency. I'm not sure what the ruling is, or even if there is one, on a figure being within clear sight of itself, but I think all the powers that trigger on clear sight specify one way or the other.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's