Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 26th, 2006, 04:43 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
More dumb questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, playing this past weekend brought up a few questions,.............

We played a castle scenarion, where the castles were enclosed and all units had to start inside the castle. I drafted Taelord, 2 sets of Minion, and Nilfheim, (among others). My opponenet quickly landed on the 'wind glyph' disabling all my figs. with flight, who were still in the castle. Taelord and the Minions were forced to walk from upper levels, down the ladder, and out the door. However, NILFHEIM who has a height of 13 could not fly over the wall OR walk out of the door, (height 10).

Can a huge fig. pass through the door as long as he lands on hexes that he can fit on without any obstruction or are figs. taller than 10 SOL when trying to get outside of the castle walls.

I don't know if there is an official ruling on this, if there is a standard house ruling on this, or any other suggestions that could be given.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While reading the card for Blastarons,
Homing Device : When attacking a non-adjacent figure, add 1 attack die for every Soulborg who follows Vydar that is adjacent to the defending figure.

Assuming All figs. are on the same level and Jotun is engaged with 2 Gladiatrons, and 1 Blastatron

1 Blastatron attacks from range with an attack of 4 (Jotun's engaged with 3 Soulborgs that follow Vydar)

Does the Blastatron that IS adjacent to Jotun include himself when adding attack dice? He automatically gets +2 attack for the Gladiatrons, but he himself is a Soulborg that follows Vydar AND IS adjacent as well!!!

Attack of 3 or 4 for the engaged Gladiatron?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure this question has been asked numerous times but I think I've heard a few different answers. Just trying to get the official answer.

When moving a squad do you or CAN you,.........
1) Move and attack one at a time?
2) Move all then attack?

I've heard that if you move 1 member of a squad and attack with it before moving the other units, you forfeit their movement for that turn,...............true? False?
Old September 26th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: More dumb questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99
Homing Device : When attacking a non-adjacent figure, add 1 attack die for every Soulborg who follows Vydar that is adjacent to the defending figure.

Assuming All figs. are on the same level and Jotun is engaged with 2 Gladiatrons, and 1 Blastatron

1 Blastatron attacks from range with an attack of 4 (Jotun's engaged with 3 Soulborgs that follow Vydar)

Does the Blastatron that IS adjacent to Jotun include himself when adding attack dice? He automatically gets +2 attack for the Gladiatrons, but he himself is a Soulborg that follows Vydar AND IS adjacent as well!!!
I bolded the text that should answer your question for you.
Old September 26th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
2) Move all then attack?

I've heard that if you move 1 member of a squad and attack with it before moving the other units, you forfeit their movement for that turn,...............true? False?
True.

The phases of the turn are
1. Reveal Order Marker
2. Move figures on the card
3. Attack with figures on the card.
Old September 26th, 2006, 04:50 PM

DoesntCompute has disabled reputation

Quote:
OK, playing this past weekend brought up a few questions,.............

We played a castle scenarion, where the castles were enclosed and all units had to start inside the castle. I drafted Taelord, 2 sets of Minion, and Nilfheim, (among others). My opponenet quickly landed on the 'wind glyph' disabling all my figs. with flight, who were still in the castle. Taelord and the Minions were forced to walk from upper levels, down the ladder, and out the door. However, NILFHEIM who has a height of 13 could not fly over the wall OR walk out of the door, (height 10).

Can a huge fig. pass through the door as long as he lands on hexes that he can fit on without any obstruction or are figs. taller than 10 SOL when trying to get outside of the castle walls.

I don't know if there is an official ruling on this, if there is a standard house ruling on this, or any other suggestions that could be given.

Attack of 3 or 4 for the engaged Gladiatron?
I'm sure this question has been asked numerous times but I think I've heard a few different answers. Just trying to get the official answer.

2) Move all then attack?

You have to be able to fit through the door to go through the door.
Homing device only works if you not adjacent.
You must move all figures in the squad before attacking with any of them

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was blind but now I see
Old September 26th, 2006, 04:56 PM

So it's TRUE
Poor 'little' Nilfheim, (not being able to climb ladders and jump off the edge), is forced to watch the battle from the doorway?...................

And the Blastatron thing,.............that's just poor comprehension on my part. Thanx Nether !
Old September 26th, 2006, 05:25 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I really don't like the Wind Glyph for most scenarios. It's really useful for specific situations, but on the whole, most units with Flying are heavily reliant on the ability to justify their cost. Most maps that have it tend to stop people from drafting these units entirely, which just doesn't seem right.

EDIT: Also, the Blastatrons being limited to 1 attack die when attacking adjacent figures is probably their most limiting factor. Cut them off from the Gladiatrons and they're just laughable.
Old September 26th, 2006, 05:27 PM

DoesntCompute has disabled reputation

Deleted because for some reason my post duplicated.

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was blind but now I see
Old September 26th, 2006, 05:40 PM

ASmiles Woo who?
Maybe I'm missing something, but what's stopping Nilfhelm (or Taelord for that matter) from jumping down from the wall and possibly (50:50 if he doesn't land in water) taking one wound in the process? Obvisouly you wouldn't attempt it with the Minions since they only have 1 life.
Old September 26th, 2006, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASmiles
Maybe I'm missing something, but what's stopping Nilfhelm (or Taelord for that matter) from jumping down from the wall and possibly (50:50 if he doesn't land in water) taking one wound in the process? Obvisouly you wouldn't attempt it with the Minions since they only have 1 life.
Taelord,......YES Not a problem jumping, it's worth the attempt!
Nilfheim on the other hand was stuck in an enclosed castle, on the ground floor (not being able to climb ladders), and the only exit/entrance was the door with a height of 10! Poor 'little Nilfheim,.......................
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
So it's TRUE
Poor 'little' Nilfheim, (not being able to climb ladders and jump off the edge), is forced to watch the battle from the doorway?...................
In terms of game play, you've got two options at this point. Nilfheim can send ice shards through the open door, or better, you can go take that glyph back!
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:46 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Quote:
So it's TRUE
In terms of game play, you've got two options at this point. Nilfheim can send ice shards through the open door, or better, you can go take that glyph back!
Yeah, how did you let this happen I love having the wind glyph in castle scenarios, somewhere outside the castle. In a well designed map makes for an interesting struggle point.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old September 27th, 2006, 03:07 PM

I guess it was a good thing we picked random glyphs to be placed on strategic points on the map,......................and the wind glyph just happened to be outside my opponents door a few hexes out It was definately my goal to reclaim it but my already weakened team struggled getting across that map. Not to mention her ranged units only had to concentrate on the entrance area!

Yep,.......Nilfheim all winged up with nowhere to fly!

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's