Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 9th, 2016, 06:38 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Gencon 2016 Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
I honestly think the discussion should be more around what exactly issues you guys have had with playing AoTP on Heroscape style maps. I've played quite a few (the vast majority of my AoTP games) on HS maps and felt that it was much MORE strategic playing on these style of maps instead of just being able to summon straight into combat and have jace pinging your guys from his start zone because theres no useful LOS blockers and no way to get high ground on him.

I personally have not seen a need to modify them to have competitive strategic matches of AoTP while using HS maps. Smart LOS blocker and Road design "really helps mitigate ranged units and ridiculous summoning points" as stated in the OP discussing flat maps.
All of this.

I wasnt at Gencon, nor do I ever plan on attending. But I almost exclusively play on HS map tiles.

The issue about "Using the Heroscape terrain just made ranged units almost godlike, and made it so melee figures would be even less used." seems questionable to me.

Green units of which there are two (Eld Rangers, Kessig Rangers). Good for Green since they normally are subpar. I hope Green cleaned up at the tourney. turn around is fair play for once.

Blue has three.(Necroalchemist and Merfolk roilmage, iilusionary projections) and as heroes, their output is one shot a turn each. Illusionary projections are the actual threat.

Red kinda has goblin javelineers, but that is even less effective as as hero firing due to the chaotic randomness of their ability.

White has Kor Hookmasters... with a whopping range of 3.

Other than the Planeswalkers themselves, not really any other ranged units. Yet. I know Blue has tricksy tricks, but it just hasnt presented itself to be that much of a problem to me or others I have played with.

Seems like much ado about nothing to me. Im not seeing an issue.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion