Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old May 27th, 2019, 08:46 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
C3G Comic Book Club READING Period till 7/21

Welcome to the C3G Comic Book Club!

What is it?

The idea is to have a new book to read and discuss every 2-4 weeks. This can help us maybe fill out the ranks of C3G, get more people in the know about potential designs, and just have fun discussing comics with one another.

Anyone can participate in this and the discussions! Our goal is to always try and find things to read that are as accessible as possible!

This post will always contain current happenings, including currently nominated books, and links to the start of discussion of current and past choices!

What's going on now?

Current read:
Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Action Comics #858–863)

What has been read?

Past choices:
New Mutants Vol. 3

What are some reads others are interested in?

Old Man Logan
Civil War
Crisis on Infinite Earths
House of M
Identity Crisis
A Study in Emerald
Justice League Dark
Green Lantern: New Guardians
Swamp Thing: Protector Of The Green
Plastic Man

Where can I find the books?

Here are some digital resources:

DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTIONS
Comixology Unlimited - $5.99/month, DC + Marvel + Image + Dark Horse + Valiant + More, spotty collection for most publishers
DC Universe - $7.99/month, all DC comics more than 12 months old, also includes TV shows
Marvel Unlimited - $9.99/month, all Marvel comics more than 6 months old
Comicblitz - $7.99/month, Valiant + IDW + other Indy publishers

FREE WITH LIBRARY CARD
ComicsPlus - Dark Horse, IDW, Dynamite, other indies
Hoopla - All publishers[/QUOTE]

You can also check out your favorite places to buy comics, like Amazon, Comixology, InStockTrades, Barnes and Noble, or your Local Comic Shop!

Just got here? Take our survey!

Here is an interest survey. Feel free to suggest things both for the survey or for the group. We are just starting out and LOVE suggestions! Feel free to respond to this and suggest a read.

Spoiler Alert!

How do I pick a book to read?

Want to be a rotating person to choose a book? Go ahead and leave a comment or send me a PM and I can add you to the list. We do ask that you partake in discussions at times if you want to be on the list.

No book in mind yet? Don't worry! I'll remind you to pick when it's near your turn.

Think you've got a suggestion? Great! Double check with these tips before you share:

Spoiler Alert!

Special credit to MrNobody for thinking up the idea!

Last edited by LordVenoc; July 11th, 2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old May 27th, 2019, 08:48 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: C3G Comic Book Club

So, anyone have any suggestions? I recall mention of something New Mutants related to help fill that gap. It'd be good if suggestions came with ways to access the story, whether it is a service to find it on (Hoopla, Marvel Unlimited, DCUniverse, etc) or a place to find it cheap.

I think it might be good to have something picked out by the first of June, give a week to read. Then time to discuss while picking the next? Probably a better way to execute things than that though.
Old May 27th, 2019, 08:58 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

If New Mutants is on Hoopla in some form, I think that would be an excellent place to start.

I can recommend stuff from my particular wheelhouses, but that might not be to everyone's tastes/the best place to start.
Old May 27th, 2019, 09:31 PM
Book Wyrm

There are three volumes of New Mutants by Claremont and one by Wells on Hoopla.

I'll probably try and campaign for the reading of a Valiant trade somewhere down the line since they have a lot on Hoopla, but probably not the best starting point.
Old May 27th, 2019, 09:49 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Put me down as a vote for Claremont New Mutants.

I figure we could draw who gets to pick the next book with some sort of random system, going in some sort of order? I'd love to explore some stuff that's new to me, like Valiant. I'd also love excuses to make y'all read classic Hellblazer or some LoSH.
Old May 27th, 2019, 10:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A classic Doom Patrol run might be cool to read given that we're starting to jump into it. Really, anyone's passion project is something that might be worth sharing with the group.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 27th, 2019, 10:36 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Things that I actively want to read from recent memory that are on Hoopla:

Old Man Logan
Civil War
Crisis on Infinite Earths
House of M
Identity Crisis
A Study in Emerald
Justice League Dark
Green Lantern: New Guardians

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 27th, 2019, 10:41 PM
Book Wyrm

Added a general interest survey to the OP. Feel free to respond to help us all guide decision making!
Old May 27th, 2019, 10:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What publishers are of interest to you? (Rank 1-9)
1. DC
2. Marvel
3. Image
4. IDW
5. Dark Horse
6. Valiant
7. Willing to try pretty much anything
8. 2000 AD
9. Top Cow/Boom

What types of stories would you prefer to read? (Rank 1-5)
1. Anything Self-Contained
2. One Off Stories
3. Volumes of a Full Series
4. Full Events
5. Crossovers

Any goals you value for the readings? (Rank 1-6)
1. Filling out C3G factions/characters
2. Reading new characters
3. General fun discussion
4. Reading more of known characters
5. Reading new things in general
6. Trying new publishers

Preferred method of deciding books:
1. Rotating person picking
2. Group vote

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 27th, 2019, 10:47 PM
Just A Head

Liking that list a lot too, Scapey. Only comment I have is that I don’t think v1, issue 1 is the best place to start with JL Dark, quality-wise. Though I suppose it could possibly be an interesting discussion point.
Old May 27th, 2019, 10:50 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
What publishers are of interest to you? (Ranked below for me)
  1. DC
  2. Marvel
  3. 2000AD (you forgot this one)
  4. Image
  5. Dark Horse
  6. IDW
  7. Valiant
Don't know the others.

1. Top Cow
  2. Boom

What types of stories would you prefer to read? (Ranked below for me)
  1. One Off Stories
  2. Full Events
  3. Volumes of a Full Series
  4. Anything Self-Contained
  5. Crossovers

Any goals you value for the readings? (Ranked below for me)
  1. Reading more of known characters
  2. Filling out C3G factions/characters
  3. Reading new characters
  4. Reading new things in general
  5. Trying new publishers
  6. General fun discussion

• Group vote
  • Rotating person picking
Here you go!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old May 27th, 2019, 10:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
What publishers are of interest to you? (Rank 1-9)
1) Willing to try almost anything
2) DC
3) Image
4) Dark Horse
5) Marvel
6)
7) IDW
8) Top Cow
9) Boom

What types of stories would you prefer to read? (Rank 1-5)
1) Anything Self-Contained
2) Volumes of a Full Series
3) One Off Stories
4) Crossovers
5) Full Events

Any goals you value for the readings? (Rank 1-6)
1) General fun discussion
2) Filling out C3G factions/characters
3) Reading new things in general
4) Reading new characters
5) Trying new publishers
6) Reading more of known characters

1) Rotating person picking
2) Group vote
In general, I like the idea of everyone picking a single volume (or two volumes) and maybe a character or two we could design from them. Then just randomly selecting from that pool. When the pool is empty, everyone can submit a new one.

I figure, like, two weeks to read the book(s), discuss, and design?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy