Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 13th, 2019, 11:12 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
More Braingaging

For Nahiri, I had suggested we make her into Boudicca or another female warrior from the past... While Boudicca was promptly rejected, someone did suggest turning the unit into an Amazon. The red sword could easily be justified as a magical artifact gifted to her by a Valkyrie, or forged from blood to give it the ornate red-tint during their time on Earth.

I'm cool with using the Crypoliths as teleporting beacons, that would allow mapmakers to create massive maps that can be traversed in the blink of an eye. I can also see it being useful for units who want to charge into the enemy lines quickly, before the opposition can form. Again, there usage will depend a lot on what mapmakers want.

For Liliana, I recall Pumpkin King suggesting re-using her AotP power "Snuff Out", which basically lets her murder an adjacent squad figure a la Grimnak. I tuned this power up even further an suggested that the power could also be used to bring back a destroyed undead squad figure, especially applicable if the shadow zombies end up being undead in addition to the Lantern Geists (who probably will be). Imo, this would help put her at a level of playability as a necromancer if the pod who is designing her wants a necromancer.

I think I suggested either here or somewhere else that Illusionist Jace might have Illusion Movement Bonding as a way to give direct synergy to the illusions. This gives us one example of direct, straightforward synergy. An alternative could be that he simply boosts the stats of nearby Illusions (maybe only those specific ones?), maybe because he is such a powerful illusionist?

For Gideon, someone suggest the light thing in his hand could be a lightwhip. Maybe he is a Maridien who is forced to be a gladiator in the Gladiatron/Blastatron arena?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 13th, 2019, 12:59 PM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker
Re: [AotV] Pre-Brainstorming Thread

Looking over the figures the Merfolk Roilmage jumps out to me as an opportunity to give Kurrok some love with another unique elemental he can play around with while giving the Roilmage the chance to have a standalone kit as well.

Her sculpt screams out to me for a water tunnel ability. I also like the idea of giving her and ability similar to Mika where she starts the game with water tiles instead of shadow tiles to place at a short range.
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:03 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvildeyedjoker View Post
Looking over the figures the Merfolk Roilmage jumps out to me as an opportunity to give Kurrok some love with another unique elemental he can play around with while giving the Roilmage the chance to have a standalone kit as well.

Her sculpt screams out to me for a water tunnel ability. I also like the idea of giving her and ability similar to Mika where she starts the game with water tiles instead of shadow tiles to place at a short range.
She does seem like a Water Elemental. One problem is that Kurrok can revive any small or medium Elementals, not just Common ones, so we would need to keep in mind that she has a 50% chance of being revived whenever you take a turn with Kurrok.

Water Tunnel is thematic, and there's plenty of water in the cardboard terrain. I don't mind it.

Unfortunately, I don't think we could start her with placeable water tiles like Mika Connour, since there are none included in the box. People who only bought this set would have to fashion their own water tiles somehow, but our goal is that they theoretically only need to print out the cards to get into the game.
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I love the idea of a Unique Water Elemental personally. I forgot I had that idea.

Here’s what I was thinking:
1 Life/4 Move/5 Range/3 Attack/3 Defense

Water Mastery: +1 Atk/Def while on Water.
Gift of Water Breathing 1: Friendly Small and Medium figures adjacent to Water Elemental do not have to stop their movement on water.
Water Tunnel

20 points

This prevents the Kurrok Ressurection problem (he only comes back with 1 life after all), while also giving Elemental Armies a synergetic 20-unit. Giving the MS a filler unit is also handy.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:19 PM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvildeyedjoker View Post

She does seem like a Water Elemental. One problem is that Kurrok can revive any small or medium Elementals, not just Common ones, so we would need to keep in mind that she has a 50% chance of being revived whenever you take a turn with Kurrok.

Water Tunnel is thematic, and there's plenty of water in the cardboard terrain. I don't mind it.

Unfortunately, I don't think we could start her with placeable water tiles like Mika Connour, since there are none included in the box. People who only bought this set would have to fashion their own water tiles somehow, but our goal is that they theoretically only need to print out the cards to get into the game.
That makes sense with the water tiles. It was just an idea that popped up while thinking about her kit.

As far as the revival, maybe make the base stats on the low side and get a buff from being in water. Like a ranged special attack only in water or just a simple stat boost to make her more situational tactically. That way it limits her positioning and power for Kurroks revival but opening a situation where the unit can shine. And as you said water is common on most maps so there will be situations in almost any game you can use her alone even at a lower stat point.
Old May 13th, 2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I love the idea of a Unique Water Elemental personally. I forgot I had that idea.

Here’s what I was thinking:
1 Life/4 Move/5 Range/3 Attack/3 Defense

Water Mastery: +1 Atk/Def while on Water.
Gift of Water Breathing 1: Friendly Small and Medium figures adjacent to Water Elemental do not have to stop their movement on water.
Water Tunnel

20 points

This prevents the Kurrok Ressurection problem (he only comes back with 1 life after all), while also giving Elemental Armies a synergetic 20-unit. Giving the MS a filler unit is also handy.
I like that idea. Your water breathing ability also brought the thought of a water tunnel carry to mind.
Old May 13th, 2019, 02:32 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Call her a water nymph or something to give her a little character.
Old May 13th, 2019, 02:48 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not opposed to a cheap unique Water Elemental, but we would need to keep it distinct from the normal Water Elemental. If the direction is too similar, then the unique hero will likely replace the common one in most situations, unless you actually want to take multiple Water Elementals for some reason.

Perhaps removing the normal ranged attack and replacing it with a Special Attack that can only be used when she's on a water space would be good, but that also runs into the problem of providing a very cheap way to add a Special Attack to your army (although it's so heavily limited that I can't imagine it being a huge deal).
Old May 13th, 2019, 08:13 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Honestly, she might be better as like a Fae or something.
Old May 14th, 2019, 09:43 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I could maybe be convinced by a really good design for another Water Elemental, but it would have to differentiate itself from the current one, and as is the running theme for the set, outside synergy should be incidental, not core to any design. So I'd prefer a unique direction here.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 14th, 2019, 02:18 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
I could maybe be convinced by a really good design for another Water Elemental, but it would have to differentiate itself from the current one, and as is the running theme for the set, outside synergy should be incidental, not core to any design. So I'd prefer a unique direction here.
Is Gift of Water Breathing unique enough? I’m plenty cool with dropping Water Tunnel to help keep them different.

Anyways, I recall suggesting a water elemental because it was another figure to try using. Fae might be better, of course.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old May 15th, 2019, 09:39 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I like the power (and had always planned on bringing it over from AotP), I'm just not convinced on the Water Elemental direction.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs