Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old January 28th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Final Editing Checklist

I definitely support this idea, I think it would really help us avoid having to make card updates after release. I only skimmed over it but it looked pretty good.

As to how to use it, I think it would make the most sense to have the LD go over it during the vote to Final Editing or just after the vote. Have them post it with anything they're not certain on in red so everyone else can go over it too.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 28th, 2016, 02:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That is a long check list. I fear over time I will end up just skimming over it if the first few designs I run through it don't generate any hits.
Old January 28th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think we can cut it down and divide it into two lists:

(These lists could also be streamlined more.)

For Design:

Quote:
1. Check if we are recycling a unit name or special power name.
2. What happens when the powers are negated (Zatanna, etc.)?
3. Should the powers affect destructible objects, undead, constructs, etc?
4. Check if the powers work correctly in a mirror match or in a mutiplayer game.
5. Do the powers allow turn stacking?
6. Are any powers expected to work after all figures have been destroyed? If so, is that clearly worded?
7. Do any powers place figures on this card? If so, how does it interact with other place-on-card powers (Bug Drop, Frenchie’s Air Drop, Alternate Realities, Penance Stare 19, Helicarrier Drop Team, Timestream Reinforcements)?
8. Does a power trigger off of an Order Marker being revealed on another Army Card?If so, is the power expected to trigger if all figures associated with that Army Card have been destroyed? If so, does this allow turn stacking, overpowered passive movement abilities, or unclear power timing?
9. Is it clear which powers are mandatory and which are optional?
10. Does any power's name or wording unintentionally prohibit the power's reusability?
11. Pay special attention to these issues:
  • Order marker movement or efficiency
  • Auto wounding
  • Prevention of abilities (Blob, Polaris, Meteorite)
  • Figure movement
  • Boosting
  • Excellent defensive powers

Movement Power Checklist:

1. Does it allow leaving engagement attacks?
2. How does it interact with Engagement Strike?
3. How does it interact with Stuck/Rubber Wrap?
4. Is there any way the figure can be forced to end its movement on an illegal space?
5. Is it a space-by-space move power, or a teleport-like place power? Is it clear in the power which one it is?
6. How does it interact with bonus movement powers, such as Telepathic Directive or Guarding the Globe?

Aura Power Checklist:

1. Is the aura intended to affect the figure with the aura? Is this clear?
2. If one member of a squad is within the aura, are the other squad members unintentionally affected?

Attack Targeting Triggered Powers:

1. Does it affect special attacks? Take careful note of special attacks that do not use targeting like Optic Blast Special Attack or Canary Cry Special Attack.
2. What happens if the attacker changes targets?

Receiving Wounds Triggered Powers:

1. How does it interact with normal attacks?
2. How does it interact with special attacks?
3. How does it interact with leaving engagement attacks?
4. How does it interact with falling damage?
5. How does it interact with lava field damage?
6. How does it interact with the Glyphs that cause wounds?
7. How does it interact with Engagement Strike/Auto Chain Gun?
8. How does it interact with auto-wounding powers that choose the target?
9. How does it interact with Knockback?
10. How does it interact with Destructible Objects?

Uncommon Card Checklist:

Do multiple copies of the Uncommon have unintended interactions? Note that each card represents a distinct copy of each power, unlike Commons.

Special Attack Checklist:

If the unit is a squad, can some of the squad members use the special attack while others attack normally? Is it clear?
For Final Editing:

Quote:
Capitalization Checklist:

Common
Hero
Equipment Glyph
normal attack
defense die
defense dice
attack die
attack dice
Move number
Range number
Attack number
Defense number
card
Army Card
Order Marker
wound
Wound Marker
destructible object
unblockable
Unique
battlefield
opponent
special power
special attack
Event
Squad
Super Strength
Flying

Style Checklist:

Species is always singular for Heroes and plural for Squads, except Human is always singular.
Single-space, not single-spaced; double-space, not double-spaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 28th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Here's my first draft, focusing on formatting and verifying cards match the SP:

OP Formatting

• Wave Title: Is there one? Is it the same for all designs in the wave (exc: Marvel/DC/Indy).
  • Wave Title: Is Marvel/DC/Indy correct? Does it match the cards?
  • Is Comic above the Mini? Does the linked text say “Comic PDF” and “Mini PDF”?
  • Figure used: Check Troll and Toad (or another ‘Clix site) to verify set, #, and name. Look at mini to see if it matches the one on the cards.
  • Character bio: If it quotes a wiki page or Comic Vine, I typically let spelling/grammar slide, since you’re quoting another source. If it’s written by a C3G member, I’ll check.
  • Rulings and Clarifications: If someone posts a FAQ in the thread, make sure it’s posted to the OP if approved.
  • Rulings and Clarifications - FAQ consistency: Questions in blue, Answers in red.
  • Playtests: Are all the playtests posted and linked in the OP? Check all links to make certain they take you to their respective playtest. You’ll have to skim the thread to confirm all playtests are listed.
  • Art by: Check to make certain the Art Department is credited.
  • General formatting: Check spacing and centering to ensure the OP looks good. I’ll sometimes see extra line spacing.

SP and abilities

• Check to make certain everything looks correct. I don’t worry too much about this section being perfectly consistent regarding minor formatting things (e.g., bold text, whether SPECIES is all caps or Species not all caps), because each LD tends to have his own style. It is important that the abilities and other text that will go on the cards is correct and matches what is on the cards.
  • If it’s a squad, make certain number of figures is mentioned in the Uniqueness section.
  • Have any of the abilities already been used in another design? If so, check some of the other cards that use the ability and verify consistency.
  • If the character’s name is used in the text, make certain the correct name is used. For example, I’ve seen instances where an ability will be copied from another character, and the other character’s name will still be listed. Also verify that the gender matches the character.
  • If an ability affects a “figure,” consider impact on destructible objects, which are considered figures.
  • Check order in which abilities are listed. Would it make sense to change the order in which they are listed for clarity or consistency?
  • Squad Effect: This happens particularly when dealing with order marker removal when abilities impact a targeted figure.
  • Event Heroes: Check to see if Event Heroes need to be included or excluded. I’ve seen abilities which impact Unique Heroes where it’s thematic to also include Event Heroes.

Cards

• Confirm that pdf files will download and do so. I also download the jpg images. I’ll compare the jpg files using Windows’ Preview and toggle back and forth between the comic and mini to see if there are any differences. I’ll open both pdf files, size both images the same size, and position one pdf window directly on top of the other, with each pdf card positioned in identical positions on the screen. I’ll then toggle back-and-forth between the two pdf files. With the cards in the same position, you can notice any changes by going back and forth. Finally, I’ll compare one of the pdf cards with one of the jpg cards (at this point, you’ve already confirmed whether or not the pdf cards match each other and the jpg cards match each other). I haven’t mastered positioning them both in the same spot, so I’ll compare them side-by-side and manually scan back-and-forth.
  • Check all text and stats with the SP to make certain they match.
  • Check hit zone and target point.
  • Check Superstrength and Flying symbols. Superstrength is listed before Flying.
  • Check for any wonky bolded single letters. The lower-case L is a common victim. This will usually jump out at you when you see the card on the screen.

Thread

Skim the thread and check:

• Are all playtests linked in the OP?
  • Are there any spoilers (very doubtful since the Great Christmas Blast!)?
  • Are there any outstanding discussion items that haven’t been resolved?
  • Are there any wording changes, particularly towards the end of the thread? If so, see if the wording changes have been approved and updated in the SP/cards.

Last edited by davidlhsl; January 28th, 2016 at 05:48 PM.
Old January 28th, 2016, 05:34 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You guys are doing good things with this. Depending on where this goes, I'll eventually get a revised approach up in the OP. I definitely could see splitting it into two (or more) lists. It seems like some of these are competitive concerns the CRB could help with, some are things the EPB could help check before release, some are things we should probably look at prior to the initial, and some are things we should look at in final editing.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 28th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I definitely think splitting the list into stages is key here. It makes it both less daunting and more efficient IMO.
Old January 28th, 2016, 08:36 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
I definitely think splitting the list into stages is key here. It makes it both less daunting and more efficient IMO.
And if there's anything that's not needed on there, trimming would be good too. I know there's some stuff we frequently miss that should probably be added.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 28th, 2016, 09:30 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
Agreed, good job everyone.
Old January 28th, 2016, 09:35 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I think we can cut it down and divide it into two lists:

(These lists could also be streamlined more.)

For Design:

Quote:
1. Check if we are recycling a unit name or special power name.
2. What happens when the powers are negated (Zatanna, etc.)?
3. Should the powers affect destructible objects, undead, constructs, etc?
4. Check if the powers work correctly in a mirror match or in a mutiplayer game.
5. Do the powers allow turn stacking?
6. Are any powers expected to work after all figures have been destroyed? If so, is that clearly worded?
7. Do any powers place figures on this card? If so, how does it interact with other place-on-card powers (Bug Drop, Frenchie’s Air Drop, Alternate Realities, Penance Stare 19, Helicarrier Drop Team, Timestream Reinforcements)?
8. Does a power trigger off of an Order Marker being revealed on another Army Card?If so, is the power expected to trigger if all figures associated with that Army Card have been destroyed? If so, does this allow turn stacking, overpowered passive movement abilities, or unclear power timing?
9. Is it clear which powers are mandatory and which are optional?
10. Does any power's name or wording unintentionally prohibit the power's reusability?
11. Pay special attention to these issues:
  • Order marker movement or efficiency
  • Auto wounding
  • Prevention of abilities (Blob, Polaris, Meteorite)
  • Figure movement
  • Boosting
  • Excellent defensive powers

Movement Power Checklist:

1. Does it allow leaving engagement attacks?
2. How does it interact with Engagement Strike?
3. How does it interact with Stuck/Rubber Wrap?
4. Is there any way the figure can be forced to end its movement on an illegal space?
5. Is it a space-by-space move power, or a teleport-like place power? Is it clear in the power which one it is?
6. How does it interact with bonus movement powers, such as Telepathic Directive or Guarding the Globe?

Aura Power Checklist:

1. Is the aura intended to affect the figure with the aura? Is this clear?
2. If one member of a squad is within the aura, are the other squad members unintentionally affected?

Attack Targeting Triggered Powers:

1. Does it affect special attacks? Take careful note of special attacks that do not use targeting like Optic Blast Special Attack or Canary Cry Special Attack.
2. What happens if the attacker changes targets?

Receiving Wounds Triggered Powers:

1. How does it interact with normal attacks?
2. How does it interact with special attacks?
3. How does it interact with leaving engagement attacks?
4. How does it interact with falling damage?
5. How does it interact with lava field damage?
6. How does it interact with the Glyphs that cause wounds?
7. How does it interact with Engagement Strike/Auto Chain Gun?
8. How does it interact with auto-wounding powers that choose the target?
9. How does it interact with Knockback?
10. How does it interact with Destructible Objects?

Uncommon Card Checklist:

Do multiple copies of the Uncommon have unintended interactions? Note that each card represents a distinct copy of each power, unlike Commons.

Special Attack Checklist:

If the unit is a squad, can some of the squad members use the special attack while others attack normally? Is it clear?
For Final Editing:

Quote:
Capitalization Checklist:

Common
Hero
Equipment Glyph
normal attack
defense die
defense dice
attack die
attack dice
Move number
Range number
Attack number
Defense number
card
Army Card
Order Marker
wound
Wound Marker
destructible object
unblockable
Unique
battlefield
opponent
special power
special attack
Event
Squad
Super Strength
Flying

Style Checklist:

Species is always singular for Heroes and plural for Squads, except Human is always singular.
Single-space, not single-spaced; double-space, not double-spaced.
Don't think this part is true...we recently had to change the Killer Penguin Cards to say Android instead of Androids...we did pluralize the class as Minions.

EDIT: By recently I meant August of 2014...WOW time flies.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 28th, 2016, 10:01 PM

Yep, I looked at our checklist and changed that one on mine in the OP. We do singular on the species for both heroes and squads.

Old January 30th, 2016, 04:44 PM

Bumping this for more thoughts. If I have a lot of free time on my hands the next couple of days, I might take a crack at divvying it up more, but I heartily welcome any and all input.

Old January 30th, 2016, 06:30 PM

OK, this would be the extremely thorough, possibly overdone approach. Let me see if/where you see opportunities for trimming (or would like to see things moved around):

CHECKLIST BREAKDOWN
1. CRB Checklist
2. Proposal for Initial Checklist
3. Playtesting Summary Report
4. Final Editing Checklist
5. Executive Preview Board Checklist/Proposal for Release Checklist (for Public LDs)

COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST
Spoiler Alert!

PROPOSAL FOR INITIAL CHECKLIST
Spoiler Alert!

PLAYTESTING SUMMARY REPORT
Spoiler Alert!

FINAL EDITING CHECKLIST
Spoiler Alert!

EXECUTIVE PREVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST
Spoiler Alert!

PROPOSAL FOR RELEASE CHECKLIST (PUBLIC LDS ONLY)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IAmBatman; January 31st, 2016 at 12:22 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy