Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 10th, 2009, 05:36 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Omnicron Snipers

I guess I'm the first to post it (here anyways).

Snipers get synergy from Targeting Beacon provided by Repulsors.

Obviously, the Repulsors will be a good unit to draft with Snipers (but be aware of the danger of Circuitry Overload, esp. in start zone).
Old August 12th, 2009, 12:36 PM

omnicronsniper is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Snipers are awesome on castles. Draft 2 or 3 squads of them so if some are destroyed they still are a lethal force. They work great with the vipers. Use vipers to get glyphs, with snipers picking off anyone close enough to attack th vipers. Slowly advance, alternating turns with snipers and vipers. This works great against squad melee armys on hilly terrain.

Always go to other people's funerals, or they won't go to yours.
Old October 18th, 2009, 04:58 PM

360ownism is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

for my first post, i thought id comment on my favorite figures.

These guys are insane if on height and next to thorgrim,talor,and raelin. this may seem like alot, but ask ParaGoomba Slayer, i own him all the time using that setup, with the exception that he sometimes picks the krav >.<
Old October 18th, 2009, 05:22 PM

White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker White Noise knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360ownism View Post

These guys are insane if on height and next to thorgrim,talor,and raelin. this may seem like alot, but ask ParaGoomba Slayer, i own him all the time using that setup, with the exception that he sometimes picks the krav >.<
Try to use correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Like so:

For my first post, I thought I'd comment on my favorite figures.

These guys are insane if they are on height and next to Thorgrim, Taelord, and Raelin. This may seem like a lot, but ask ParaGoomba Slayer. I beat him all the time using that setup, except when he picks the Krav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
Something tells me that the cancellation, though tragic, may indeed mend that divide...
Old October 18th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360ownism View Post

Funny how your "Awesome Snipers", which cost 440 points are beat by the 100 point Krav.
Old November 14th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

What if you had omricons Extreme height taelord astrid and common attack

I dont Have them but Id love to see the above

6 attack plus deadly shot for a squad! Then the krav guy gets one shield...
Old November 14th, 2009, 12:07 PM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

It's always been my firm belief that the Omnicron snipers are most loved by people who are consistent Red/Black gamblers in Roulette.

Double or Nothing!
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:09 PM

Kaemon_Awa is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Generally, I don't find the omnicron snipers all that useful. And although this is going contrary to just about everyone else, they are almost always extremely weak when going up against heroes, ESPECIALLY other soulbourgs. Their range is really what makes them useful, and my strategy is to use several squads of them (usually 2) and mass attack. This really only does well though on maps with height advantage opportunities. So you see, they require all these stipulations to be good in any of my games, so I tend to not use them.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:17 PM

Kaemon_Awa is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I have found that the two most useful squads in the entire game (for me, at least) are the Roman archers and the legionnaires. Push the legionnaires forward (make sure they are adjacent) while clearing the way with the archers behind them. Works like a charm.
Old December 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I find them extremely useful the second they get +1 from any source. Why? Because with 2 dice they get a 25% chance to deal up to 4 skulls.

No other ranged squad gets anywhere the same ability to deal as many skulls, even with WTF and height (4th mass only has a 6.25% chance to deal the same damage and a 25% chance to deal two wounds vs a 50% chance for the snipers).

They are expensive yes, but for odds on dealing multiple skulls, especially vs. heroes, I don't think any other ranged squad does as well.

Are they the best vs. squads however? No.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old December 22nd, 2009, 04:01 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Omnicrons are my second favorite ranged squad behind the Aubriens. Simple and effective power.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 09:43 PM

overwatch_lord is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

So while playing with these guys, I have just one question on the rules. We play so that the defending unit doesn't get any defense die if they are a squad, because they only have one life, but if it is a hero, they will always get 1 wound, but still roll to see if they take more wounds. The way other people are saying it, is that people still roll defense, and might not take damage at all. For example, the way I play, I attack with my Omnicron against Deathwalker 9000, and if i roll a skull, they die immediately. Same with squads. But the way you are saying it, Deathwalker is practically invincible! Please help clarify, because we had to ban them because they were so good! (With my rules)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units