Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

View Poll Results: Which pack would you choose?
Glaun Bog Raiders 7 7.37%
Fury of the Primordials 15 15.79%
Warriors of the Ghostlight Fen 42 44.21%
Heroes of Faerun 31 32.63%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 13th, 2010, 06:15 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!
If you could only have 1 D&D pack, which would you choose?

No huge explanation, just a random idea that came into my mind.

So, if you could, out of all the D&D wave 1 sets, choose only ONE pack to buy, and only that one, which one would you pick? In other words, which pack do you like/want to get most?

In case you don't remember which pack is which:

#1: Gluan Bog Raiders
Contains the Greater Ice Elemental, Greenscale Warriors, Drow Chainfighter, and Wheelstone of Venom.

#2: Fury of the Primordials
Contains A Wyvern, a Fire Elemental, Water Elemental, Earth Elemental, Air Elemental, and Elixir of speed

#3: Warriors of the Ghostlight Fen
Contains A Hydra, Sahagin Raider, the Phantom Knights, and the Ring of Protection.

#4: Heroes of Faerun
Contains Evistera, Torin, Brandis Skyhunter, Sharwin Wildborn, Mogrimm Forgehammer, and the Holy Symbol of Pelor.

This is my first thread, so sorry if it is confusing.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:18 PM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: If you could only have 1 D&D pack, which would you choos

Out of DnD wave 1 I would choose the heroes pack since I would need multiples of the commons and not any multiples of the unique heroes.
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:27 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would choose the warriors of the ghostlight fen. I don't buy multiple commons anyway and I really want those phantom knights.

Old March 13th, 2010, 06:31 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
I would choose the warriors of the ghostlight fen. I don't buy multiple commons anyway and I really want those phantom knights.
Warriors of GF is definitely the best pack. The Knights and Hydra are both awesome and are not terrible without multiples
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:38 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

You didn't vote.

Anyway, I chose the heroes pack because I am very interested in the figures it contains. Looking forward to using the archer and Torin in particular.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old March 14th, 2010, 10:05 AM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Cat View Post
Quote:

You didn't vote.

Anyway, I chose the heroes pack because I am very interested in the figures it contains. Looking forward to using the archer and Torin in particular.
I almost chose the heroes, but I went for the Primordials pack on the theory that that gorgeous Wyvern sculpt would ease the pain of losing the rest of the Wave. Second choice is Ghostlight, third is Faerun, and last is Bog Raiders.

That said, Sandra PLEASE send it all.
Old March 14th, 2010, 10:22 AM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

This was hard. I ended up choosing the heroes, just because the figures like Mogrimm can help guys from other waves. But it was a toss-up between that and the hydra pack.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old March 14th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Heros by far. I HATE not having multiples of something, which is kind of ironic because most of my common squads dont have multiples

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old March 14th, 2010, 11:15 AM

Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker Demerean knows what's in an order marker

Based Purely on Looks, The Primordials pack. Everything in it just look amazing.

I like Facts.
Old March 15th, 2010, 01:00 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Ghostlight Fen, for sure. The PK's are the unit I am most looking forward to owning, and I'm okay proxying as many squads as I want to play. The Hydra is probably the unit I'd like to own the second most.

Top 2 units=easy choice.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old March 15th, 2010, 01:28 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

GF.

Hydra.

What more do I need to say?

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old March 15th, 2010, 04:05 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Woops, were you asking if we only could get ONE expansion? Because I went with the PK, but you need two. If only one then I would have to change my vote to the Primordials. Especially with Kurrok it would be like getting a common squad.

But I think the PK will be the best units in the bunch, and will introduce interesting game dynamics with their ranged attack defense bonus and Shades like phantom walk.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion