Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old July 7th, 2009, 01:09 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Acolarh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Is damage taken from Countestrike susceptible to being canceled by Leaf of the Home Tree Aura?
Yes. As long as the elf receives "enough wounds to be destroyed", the home leaf aura applies. That includes counterstrike, falling damage, disengagement, lava damage, and calls from your mother.

(It doesn't help with molten lava or other insta-kill situations, though.)

So, an Aubrien Archer who wants to disengage while in the aura has a 61.24% chance of surviving instead of only a 50% chance. It's not stealth armor, but it's worth considering.
Old July 7th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Great. That's what I was hoping, but I began to over-analyze it after reading some of the earlier posts in this thread.

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old July 7th, 2009, 01:17 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I busted Acolarh out for a game with Mittens and Aubriens. He helped ALOT (but Mittens helped more, scoring me 5 Frenzies in a row...but that's not the point). He saved 7 Aubriens (Well...saved Aubriens 7 times) from falling to Moriko's Saber Storm, until she finally decided to go for him instead. He's worth 110.
Old July 7th, 2009, 01:42 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Acolarh isn't as horrible as people say. He's not well suited for most tournaments, but there are maps/point or hex totals where he can be effective. I'm considering him for at least one GenCon event.

--

(I'm inclined to tell a story about how my Acolarh took down Matthias in my first game of Heroscape, but I'm just too good a sport to bring it up. Besides, then he'd bring up something about orcs on Broken Hope.)
Old July 7th, 2009, 01:52 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Acolarh isn't as horrible as people say. He's not well suited for most tournaments, but there are maps/point or hex totals where he can be effective. I'm considering him for at least one GenCon event.
I could see Acolarh, Raelin, and a bunch of WoA being a tough nut to crack in the Heat of Battle format.
Old July 7th, 2009, 01:54 PM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
So, an Aubrien Archer who wants to disengage while in the aura has a 61.24% chance of surviving instead of only a 50% chance.
I find a slightly different chance of survival. If you need 3 out of the 10 dice in order for the aura to work, then we are looking at a binomial function where n = 10, k = 3, and p = 1/6.
I get binomial(10, 3, 1/6) = 0.155 which gives the archer a 65.50% chance of survival. The binomail function is defined here

Did you get the 11.24 from a table somewhere?

Edit: Actually, if we take into account that you could roll more than 3 symbols, then the chance goes up to 22.48%

Last edited by Obsidian; July 7th, 2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Recalculate
Old July 7th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Quote:
So, an Aubrien Archer who wants to disengage while in the aura has a 61.24% chance of surviving instead of only a 50% chance.
I find a slightly different chance of survival. If you need 3 out of the 10 dice in order for the aura to work, then we are looking at a binomial function where n = 10, k = 3, and p = 1/6.
I get binomial(10, 3, 1/6) = 0.155 which gives the archer a 65.50% chance of survival. The binomail function is defined here

Did you get the 11.24 from a table somewhere?

Edit: Actually, if we take into account that you could roll more than 3 symbols, then the chance goes up to 22.48%
Note that 11.24 is half of 22.48 - you don't add the 22.48 to the 50, you multiply the (100-x) values. 61.24% is exactly correct.

~Aldin, who calculates a 41.86% chance to survive disengagement from one of the KoW

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old July 7th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:

--

(I'm inclined to tell a story about how my Acolarh took down Matthias in my first game of Heroscape, but I'm just too good a sport to bring it up. Besides, then he'd bring up something about orcs on Broken Hope.)
Go ahead and rub salt in the wound....I don't mind. Just don't get mad if I accidentally attack your units at the team tourney this weekend.

~Matthias, who worries about fomox's weird fascination with Acolarh

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old July 7th, 2009, 02:36 PM

Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker Brownsfan82 knows what's in an order marker

I think he would be great in a 600 point elf wizard army with ulginesh. I will say that I'd rather have raelin with Aubrien Archers since they have 7 range and can easily stay in her aura. Their average of 0.67 shields and 1 shield if they have height become 1.33 shields and 1.67 shields respectively. This may help more than Acolarh...Aldin can you do the math?

Old July 8th, 2009, 10:19 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Brownsfan,

Against an attack of 3, AAs have a 62.5% of getting killed, 50.9% if they have height advantage.

Acolarh removes 22.5% of those deaths - that's a 14.1% improvement without height advantage, and an 11.5% improvement with height advantage.

Raelin changes the percentage chance of dying to 40.7% and 32.1%, respectively - that's a 21.8% improvement without height advantage, and an 18.8% improvement with height advantage.

Either way, Raelin offers a bigger edge.
Old July 8th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Either way, Raelin offers a bigger edge.
Against an attack of three. The higher the attack the better of a deal Acolarh is in comparison. Also, his aura is MUCH bigger.

~Aldin, happy to see dok picked up the ball he kinda dropped

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Acolarh has become my new favorite flag bearer. Here are some of my favorite armies for him:

Acolarh 110
Sonlen 160
Kyntella Gwyn 20
WoA x4 200
Otonashi/Isamu
Total 500

Acolarh 110
Theracus 40
Syvarris 100
WoA x5 250 (I only have 4, so I might sub in Arkmer.)
Total 500

Acolarh 110
Theracus 40
Aubrien Archers x5 350
Total 500

I'm not saying they're the best, but they fair averagely.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units