Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Captain Marvel (Mary Batson)

The Book of Captain Marvel
(Mary Batson)

C3G DC WAVE 26
WOMEN OF WONDER

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Collateral Damage set.
Its model number and name are #079-081/Mary Marvel.
Character Bio - "As Billy's twin, Mary shared Billy's ability to transform into a superhero by speaking the name of the wizard Shazam [….]The current version of Mary Marvel, […] has the same powers from the same benefactors as her brother (Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury). A power-sharing element was added to the mythos in the Power of Shazam! series; one finite source of power was shared between Mary, Captain Marvel, and Captain Marvel Jr." (Wikipedia, 2013).

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • none

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Captain Marvel may either negate other Human Captain Marvels you control or allow you to take a turn with any Human Captain Marvel you control via her Shared Power of Shazam! special power. Current Human Captain Marvels.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

ImmunitiesBenefitsWeaknesses_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial Playtest: (IAmBatman)
  • Second Playtest: (Red Eyed Jedi)
  • Third Playtest: (TrollBrute)
  • Fourth Playtest: (cwidje)
  • Reevaluation Initial Playtest: (IAmBatman)
  • Reevaluation Second Playtest: (Ericth74)
  • Reevaluation Third Playtest: (Alexandros)
  • Reevaluation Fourth Playtest: (IAmBatman)
  • Art by A3n
  • Mini Pics/Comic Pics/Background
  • Mary Batson created by Otto Binder and Marc Swayze
  • Comic art by Kevin Maguire and Joe Rubinstein

*8/11/2022 - updated last power to Shazam!: Shared Power to better work alongside the Shazamily faction

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Arch-vile; August 11th, 2022 at 06:57 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:36 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Captain Marvel (Mary Batson) - Design Phase

NAME = CAPTAIN MARVEL
SECRET IDENTITY = MARY BATSON

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = CHARMING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 340

SOLOMON, HERCULES, AND ATLAS

If there is at least one Order Marker on this card, you may add 3 to your initiative roll and, if you win initiative, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.

ZEUS AND ACHILLES
If Captain Marvel attacks a figure without the Magical Defense special power and the player controlling that figure rolls the 20-sided die for any special power on the defending figure’s Army Card, you may add or subtract 3 from the roll.

MERCURY
If Captain Marvel moves at least two spaces and uses her Flying special power for her entire movement, she may add 2 to her Move and Attack numbers this turn.

SHAZAM!: SHARED POWER
Once per round, after revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Captain Marvel, you may take a turn with up to two other Unique Heroes you control that have a SHAZAM! special power. You may not take additional turns with other figures you control. During this player turn, all figures you control subtract one from their Attack number.

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Spoiler Alert!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by IAmBatman; August 11th, 2022 at 02:35 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 02:46 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I feel like adding the Marvel Captain Marvels to the mix is odd.

Not a huge fan of Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury as that's essentially two powers stuck together... I'd rather just go up to an extra power and keep them more streamlined.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 05:29 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

As it reads she gets to heal even without an OM on her card if you win initiative--is that the intent?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old March 23rd, 2013, 05:31 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post

Not a huge fan of Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury as that's essentially two powers stuck together... I'd rather just go up to an extra power and keep them more streamlined.

Yeah, I'd rather have the extra power as well. Nothing wrong with 4 text powers.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old March 23rd, 2013, 08:25 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I think 4 powers is fine also. I don't think she should heal without an OM on her card.

I like the way shared power works but not sure why the bonding is tied to the roll. I like the bonding, just not sure why it is tied to the rolling of 7 or higher. Also don't we normally just use "1-6" instead of "6 or lower"?

Also bats, I have to ask a favour, can you put the comics in separate post to the SP please. It's just easier when doing up the cards & even checking SP during the design. Thanx.

Full length of one you have:

Last edited by A3n; March 23rd, 2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I feel like adding the Marvel Captain Marvels to the mix is odd.
Me too. But back in the day, somebody insisted we name Captain Mar-vel "Marvel," and now somebody has to pay the piper.

We have no precedent of referring to DC or Marvel specifically in card powers and I'm not keen on starting one unless a general consensus insists on it. Call it a peril of cross-dimensional travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Easy enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
As it reads she gets to heal even without an OM on her card if you win initiative--is that the intent?
Yeah, that wasn't the intent, but should be easy to fix and make consistent with how her brother works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I like the way shared power works but not sure why the bonding is tied to the roll. I like the bonding, just not sure why it is tied to the rolling of 7 or higher.
I wanted it to feel like one power instead of two. If the D20 roll is meaningless to the bonding, I think it'll feel like two powers crammed together again. But I wanted to add the bonding in to give you some reason to draft Marvels together, otherwise that power would just be a poison pill to keep you from ever doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n
Also don't we normally just use "1-6" instead of "6 or lower"?
Ask Mr. Special Eyes. He just had me change a 1-6 to a 6 or lower in my LD that's currently on hold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n
Also bats, I have to ask a favour, can you put the comics in separate post to the SP please. It's just easier when doing up the cards & even checking SP during the design. Thanx.
Sure thing. I was trying to avoid unnecessary extra posts, but if it's necessary, that's easy to do. Do you have any preferences you'd like me to keep, or should I just keep them all for now?

Btw, attempts at updating the wording for the two requests of making the healing OM dependent and splitting into four powers is welcome. If no one gets to it, though, I will take a stab at it eventually here.

Old March 23rd, 2013, 09:46 PM

My first stab .... (though now I want to put Hercules in that first title to get them all in!)

SOLOMON, HERCULES, AND ATLAS
If there is at least one Order Marker on this card you may add 2 to your initiative roll and, if you win initiative, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.

ZEUS AND ACHILLES
If Captain Marvel attacks a figure without the Magical Defense special power and the player controlling that figure rolls the 20-sided die for any special power on the defending figure’s Army Card, you may add or subtract 2 from the roll.

MERCURY
If she uses her Flying special power for her entire movement and moves at least two spaces, Captain Marvel may add 2 to her Move number and 2 to her Attack number this turn.

Old March 24th, 2013, 03:17 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Me too. But back in the day, somebody insisted we name Captain Mar-vel "Marvel," and now somebody has to pay the piper.
Definitely wasn't me. I wanted it with the hyphen.
Old March 24th, 2013, 05:27 PM

Just moving the art post here.

Old March 26th, 2013, 05:21 PM

Super quiet here. SP updated and sending this out to the ERB!

Old March 26th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I didn't know you intended to keep Shared Power. I'd like to see that dropped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library