Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old June 26th, 2013, 06:31 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Holocron of Han Solo

The Holocron of Han Solo

HoSS Master Set - A New Hope

The figure used for this unit is a Star Wars figure from the Rebel Storm set. Its model number and name are #07/Han Solo.

Character Bio - When Han Solo arrived in the Alderaan system, the crew and passengers of the Millennium Falcon found that the planet had been destroyed by the Death Star. After they were dragged on board by the Death Star's tractor beams, Luke Skywalker convinced Solo and Chewbacca to help him rescue Princess Leia Organa by promising "more wealth than you can imagine." Han helped Luke infiltrate the massive station in stolen stormtrooper armor and after several misadventures, they managed to rescue the Princess and escape, at the cost of Obi Wan's life.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
• N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received:
Classic:
• N/A

HoSS:
2-1B : Rebel Field Medic
Being a Unique non-droid or vehicle that follows the Rebel Alliance, Han Solo may benefit from 2-1B's REBEL FIELD MEDIC special power.

CHEWBACCA : Wookie Life Debt
Han Solo may benefit from Chewbacca's WOOKIE LIFE DEBT Special Power and it's +1 defense and +1 move for Han Solo.

C3V, SoV & Marvel:
• N/A

Synergy Benefits Offered:
Classic:
• N/A

HoSS:
• N/A

C3V, SoV & Marvel:
• N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
• TBA

-Power Rankings-
A- - The fact that he can squeeze out of any engagement situation without taking a wound while delivering severe blows to your opponents pity squads makes Han a force to be reckoned with, just ask the Imperial Stormtroopers.

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
• First playtest:davidlhsl
• Second playtest: Porkins
• Third playtest: Heroscaper 2010
• Fourth playtest: Fi Skirata
• Fifth playtest: White Knight
• Sixth playtest: Porkins
• Seventh playtest: Fi Skirata
• Eighth playtest: White Knight
• Art by: Mac122

Last edited by mac122; February 10th, 2018 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Added PDF link
Old June 26th, 2013, 09:29 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Holocron of Han Solo *

Han Solo
Rebel Alliance

Human
Unique Hero
Smuggler
Daring
Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 7
Attack 4
Defense 4
Points 120

NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 2.
When taking a turn with Han Solo, during his normal move, Han may use his Never Tell Me the Odds Special Attack. Each time Han enters a new space, he may attack once as long as he is on a space where he could end his movement. When using his Never Tell Me the Odds Special Attack, Han may attack up to 5 times, may not attack the same figure more than once, and does not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SHOOT FIRST
The first time each turn that Han Solo rolls defense dice against a normal attack from a non-adjacent figure, add 1 automatic shield to whatever is rolled and any excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Last edited by Sheep; July 31st, 2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:22 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: The Holocron of Han Solo

Really good powers for Han Solo.
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This guys could murder squads!!! Especially Stormtroopers. It wouldn't even be worth trying with them! That being said, anyone who thought ahead would have some powerhouse like Vader to back up the Stormtroopers. I can't wait to use the Chewy/Han combo here. Twill be awesome!
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:46 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, it is quite fun to clear out three STs at once or kill one that dared to attack you (ranged counterstrike is deadly)!
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:50 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Han looks like a solid addition to the 120 point hero category. I imagine most of the good ones could beat him in a 1v1 fight, but he looks very efficient against some armies.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:57 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Ultimately the multiple special attacks of 2 aren't as potent as they at first sound. We did a lot of testing on Han to make sure we got him right.
Old July 1st, 2013, 12:59 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Ultimately the multiple special attacks of 2 aren't as potent as they at first sound. We did a lot of testing on Han to make sure we got him right.
Any squad with a defense of 4 (sometimes 3) or higher negates NTMTOSA for the most part.
Old July 1st, 2013, 01:06 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Yeah, there are a lot of armies against which 5 attacks of 2 won't get more hits, on average, than 2 attacks of 3 or 4, but on a streak of bad luck they'll be hurting.

I was referring to squads like the Venocs, Aubriens, etc.--Han is very efficient against any army with lots of figures that have 2 or less defense dice.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 1st, 2013, 01:32 PM

I'm going to quote this here. Han got some pre-release tourney use on Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyvalentine View Post
I just had the opportunity to run HoSS' Han Solo in a Planet Wars tournament in Grove City, PA on Saturday. I wanted to give heroscaper2010 a big shout out for the chance to play Han as well as giving me the mini and finished card to keep after the tournament. He also brought Chewie w/ card to give away as a special bonus at the end of the tournament and my wife's name was randomly drawn to win him as well!

As far as how Han did, I finished in 3rd place out of 17 players. The rules were that your entire 480 point army had to be from the same planet, and Han was ruled to be from Earth for the purposes of the tournament.

My army was fairly vanilla: 4 x 10th Regiment of Foot, Han Solo, and Deadeye Dan.

I only got to play 4 games because I drew a first round bye since we had an uneven number of players. My only loss was to an all viper army that rolled a ridiculous number of frenzies (taking nothing away from my opponent, he and many others at this event are top notch Heroscapers). Han solo was activated in every game except one, when my red coats took out a marro army with no help needed.

My impressions (without giving away anything for those who are waiting for the official release) after playing him at the tournament and in several practice games leading up to the tournament is that he is a solid, versatile, and well designed hero who, when given the opportunity to, seemed to earn his points in kills and be a pain for the opposition to take out. He did win me a game against a Glad/Blast army after most of the common troops were destroyed and it came down Han against Warden 816 and Kira Jax (C3V).

He's also got great theme/abilities that are iconic for the character. Really nice work by HoSS on this card (and Chewie's) and I'm very much looking forward to the rest of HoSS' first release. Big thanks to heroscaper2010 on offering Han to our group to preview in our tournament and for generously giving away Han and Chewie on Saturday!
So rudy, now that you can speak freely, what are your total thoughts?
Old July 1st, 2013, 02:05 PM

XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker XDVincent knows what's in an order marker

Awesome work on Han guys! Always been my favorite character in the original trilogy, I especially love the "Han shot first" joke.
Old July 1st, 2013, 07:34 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
So rudy, now that you can speak freely, what are your total thoughts?
I really enjoyed playing with him in a competitive setting and was about to say this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Only being able to attack a figure one time is the caveat. Say you are in the position to actually get in five or even three attacks. You're rolling two dice with no chance to benefit from height and being that you have to be able to stop on a space you attack from, scaling height is subtracting potential attacks.

I actually faced the Venoc army with Han and 10th Regiment on Saturday. I made the decision to lead with the 10th and save Han for clean-up. My fear with leading with Han was that he would be swarmed and one frenzy roll later could be dead. This is what helps keep balance when facing squads with any hero. Three or four attacks with 2 or 3 dice will usually overcome one attack of 4 or 5 over time. At least Han gives you that versatility to say you know what, screw it, I'm going in shooting and we'll see what happens, which is awesomely fitting.

So in a tournament setting facing armies of primarily a squad x3 and hero support, I found Han to be very capable and certainly on par with any other 120 point hero I can think of. Kaemon vs. Han? I'm not sure, but I like what Han is and I like that there are no recycled powers on the card. He's Han Solo and you know it when you see him in action.

Last edited by rudyvalentine; July 1st, 2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Forgot to say, "Congratulations on a job very well done HoSS! I'm loving this master set!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape