Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old September 29th, 2010, 08:59 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The Alastair Bomb

I have recently found successs in using Alastair Macdirk as sort of a bomb if you will. Now the idea is to send him in after the heroes in the opposing army or at the biggest threat to his own army. He should pick up treasure glyphs along the way of course. Now surely this isn't an original idea. Has anybody else found success using "The Alastair Bomb"?
Old September 29th, 2010, 10:02 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Alastair Bomb

This can be effective, provided of course that he is bonding with the KoW. If he isn't, you are allowing your opponent complete control of the board, an advantage they will have most likely for the entire game. With knights, however, you can simultaneously suicide Alastair and set up your knights for success once the Champion falls. The only thing is, I usually only use Alastair when I already have Gilbert in my army, and I tend to bond with Gilbert the first few rounds due to the board control JD gives.
Old September 30th, 2010, 10:33 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
This can be effective, provided of course that he is bonding with the KoW. If he isn't, you are allowing your opponent complete control of the board, an advantage they will have most likely for the entire game. With knights, however, you can simultaneously suicide Alastair and set up your knights for success once the Champion falls. The only thing is, I usually only use Alastair when I already have Gilbert in my army, and I tend to bond with Gilbert the first few rounds due to the board control JD gives.
True, but using Gilbert for your first two or three Human Champion activations can draw out your main target but then again, it could also draw out one of Alastair's worst enemies, squads. Plus having knights on the field already in front of Gilbert isn't the worst thing ever. For you want to keep Gilbert alive for as long as possible.
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:42 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

I wasn't saying charge Gilbert in recklessly the first few OMs. I would never move him past my knight screen. Even if he didn't move at all, JD is good enough in the opening round to make me want to bond with him. I'm not saying your strategy isn't a good one, but it's quite situational. I would probably consider it only if I thought there was a big hero I could get rid of.
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:43 AM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

I've had some success using 2xKnights, Gilbert, Allistair, and 2xMacDirks(515 total points) in 520 pt. games. Use Gilbert for Highland Fury, and keep the MacDirks in reserve as Gilbert insurance. Would this build be better by just substituting more Knights in for the MacDirks? Probably, but if you time it right you can mow through a lot of your opponent's points pretty quickly with the supercharged Scots(which is to me a whole lot of fun).

CORVUS

Last edited by artemiscorso; September 30th, 2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old September 30th, 2010, 02:13 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
I wasn't saying charge Gilbert in recklessly the first few OMs. I would never move him past my knight screen. Even if he didn't move at all, JD is good enough in the opening round to make me want to bond with him. I'm not saying your strategy isn't a good one, but it's quite situational. I would probably consider it only if I thought there was a big hero I could get rid of.
True it is situational, Alastair is in place to get rid of or at least mortally wound heroes like Braxas, Q9, ect. In other words, heroes that are a big threat to the knights, knights can easily hold their ground against squads but multi attack heroes can be a real pain. I'm not trying to argue, just trying to discuss.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles