Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 11th, 2014, 08:51 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

The Dwarves are good when paired with the right power, like most of the races that look bad on the surface. Their big pro is that their +coin power sticks around after they go into decline, and it is triggered on tiles that are often naturally more defensible.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 11th, 2014, 09:57 PM

acefrehley Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
ACE,

Aha, its you! Some guys have handles that don't reference their real name, and others don't visit the site much. I hope you'll be coming over to visit before next April. After that of course, we'll be playing more Age of Conan here, with expansion. Glad you'll be a potential player ally...or whatever.
Chas,

I DEFINITELY want to come out before April.....and I definitely am interested in playing Age of Conan (with and without the expansion).
Old November 11th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Two games of Dominion and two games of Ascension. I think I'm getting better at the latter after all my hours logged playing the Star Realms app ....

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 12th, 2014, 07:47 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Two games of Dominion and two games of Ascension. I think I'm getting better at the latter after all my hours logged playing the Star Realms app ....
The addiction has gotten hold. Excellent...

PM me your username if you want to play a match some time.
Old November 12th, 2014, 10:17 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
The Dwarves are good when paired with the right power, like most of the races that look bad on the surface. Their big pro is that their +coin power sticks around after they go into decline, and it is triggered on tiles that are often naturally more defensible.
Yup, my wife had a recent strong win with the Dwarfs as key players. They can really be helpful in decline.

@davidlhsl , you've already heard the answer from the others, but, yes, Heroscape Chess is normal chess played with Heroscape figures. And while it is purely a superficial change, I have to say that I enjoy chess much more with Raelin (or Sonya) as my Queen and pawns that are Sentinels (or Zombies, esp. Zombies).

It's fun to try out different armies (Omnicrons, Kyrie, DeathWalkers, etc.) and it's even kind of fun to have the occasional surprise when you forget a specific unit is a Rook or Knight!

My favorite army is the Undead Horde: Cyprien (King), Sonya (Queen), Shades (Bishops), Phantom Knights (Knights), Rechets (Rooks), Zombies (Pawns). Just feels more fun having the Undead control the grid.

--

Played some more Ascension and Galaxy Trucker the last two evenings. My sons each had devastating round 4 runs last night--both went down to 3 tiles left (with over 30 lost) at one point. It was a rough run for everyone--just lots of heavy-hitting cards. My youngest finally lost it all, but my next oldest survived with just the three tiles left. At least he won prettiest ship!

I have to say the thing I like most about that game is watching how well my kids deal with the chaos and the loss. There are definitely life lessons about attitude in Galaxy Trucker!
Old November 13th, 2014, 07:00 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Played my first game of Sekigahara in two years, and the first one I completed! Its an amazing design; probably close to being The Perfect Game! Just downloaded a Clan Analysis onto bgg, as I do when I make up such things, as a simple intro for new players. And I made a new gaming friend in the bargain. Perfect.
Old November 15th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Today is International Games Day @ Your Library day.

So my friend Jesse, who's wife works at a small town library 20 minutes from me hosted their 3rd annual event for this.

It went from 10am-4pm and I was there the whole time. Not a real big turnout unfortunately, but I got to teach some kids some games and there was a few mom/daughters, mom/niece groups that came in and grabbed some games to play on their own. After the kids that I was teaching left (about 1:30), I played a couple games with my friend Jesse and another friend Grant.

Games taught to the kids:

Zombie Dice x 2 (me and 9 year-old girl and her 11 year-old brother)

Coloretto x 2 (me and 9 year-old girl and her 11 year-old brother for one game and then Jesse joined us for 2nd game)

Splendor x 2 (me, 11 year-old and my friend Grant for both games)

Hey That's My Fish
(me and 9 year-old girl and her 11 year-old brother)

Then played a couple games with my friends Jesse and Grant

Mice and Mystics (Chapter 1 because it was Grant's first time playing and we won).
Smash Up with Awesome Level 9000 expansion (I won with Steam Punk Dinosaurs)

It was cool teaching the kids some games. They were pretty bright and caught on pretty well. There was going to be a drawing for 3 different prizes. There was a set of like 5 Star Wars Darth Vader comics. Another set of Star Wars comics and an expansion to the Star Wars living card game. After each game you play, you put your name and phone number on a piece of paper and put it in one of the boxes for one of the prizes. There were still a few people there when I left, so I don't know who won the drawings.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 16th, 2014, 12:43 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

My mom is visiting from out of state and we had some friends over tonight for a few games. They opened with Set while I made dinner and then we got in a
6-player game of King of Tokyo. I got into a strong position at first but I must have overextended because I was knocked out, along with my wife, after a few rounds. The game went on for a while after that, partly due to since external interruptions. The last part of the game was my mom vs. my cousin vs. one if my gamer buddies. Eventually my cousin was knocked out and then my mom managed to finish off my other buddy for the win. It was cool for her to win because she had never played before and isn't really a gamer (although she really enjoys puzzle games on her phone and playing Dominion with us).

--
--
--

--
Old November 16th, 2014, 12:50 AM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
My mom is visiting from out of state and we had some friends over tonight for a few games. They opened with Set while I made dinner and then we got in a
6-player game of King of Tokyo. I got into a strong position at first but I must have overextended because I was knocked out, along with my wife, after a few rounds. The game went on for a while after that, partly due to since external interruptions. The last part of the game was my mom vs. my cousin vs. one if my gamer buddies. Eventually my cousin was knocked out and then my mom managed to finish off my other buddy for the win. It was cool for her to win because she had never played before and isn't really a gamer (although she really enjoys puzzle games on her phone and playing Dominion with us).
Have you seen King of New York? I'm not sure if it's out yet, but it's the "new" King of Tokyo. It looks a lot different, though. After the review by Dice Tower it seemed to me like a more "gamer" kind of King of Tokyo. Looks interesting.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old November 16th, 2014, 12:56 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

A big shout out to Kolakoski for snagging me an additional set of Memoir 44 at a thrift shop for only a few bucks down in North Carolina. This allowed me to take out the Axis and Allies Land Minis (Prepainted) and put in more official figures for the three map M44 D-Day Landings game held here yesterday! I also kept down the figure usage by using the substitute cardboard chits from the Overlord Expansion to mark victory medals for eliminated units! In December we'll be moving on to the British maps, and after that probably do some Commands & Colors Epic Ancients, as we await the publication of C&C Napoleonics: Grand Bataille (two map games), hopefully in 2015. After two years, I got back to CCA with a two player Epic game the other day; there are still many of those battles yet to do. Its a lot easier to get up a larger player group when one guy has two sons who play!

The C&C Prussians are being held up by the dock strike in LA, but we should have them some time this month. Meanwhile the British at Waterloo hunker down and Wellington says "I must have night, or the Prussians!" (From the movie of the same name).
Old November 16th, 2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
Have you seen King of New York? I'm not sure if it's out yet, but it's the "new" King of Tokyo. It looks a lot different, though. After the review by Dice Tower it seemed to me like a more "gamer" kind of King of Tokyo. Looks interesting.
I'm aware that it exists and is different from King of Tokyo but that is about all I know.

--
--
--

--
Old November 16th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Just finished Chapter 2 of Mice and Mystics. Success!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games