Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 17th, 2014, 10:18 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
The Book of Killer Frost

The Book of Killer Frost

C3G DC WAVE 26
WOMEN OF WONDER

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Unleashed set.
Its model number and name are #046-048 / Killer Frost.
Character Bio - Dr. Crystal Frost was an extremely withdrawn woman who sought acceptance amongst her fellow scientists. Secretly in love with Dr. Martin Stein (Firestorm) she was shocked to discover he did not love her in kind.

Dr. Frost accidentally locked herself in a thermofrost chamber and was transformed into Killer Frost.

After a failed attempt of vengeance upon Dr. Stein, Frost was imprisoned within a deep freeze unit. After Frost escaped she sought help from an old college friend Dr. Louise Lincoln. Aware that she was dying from lack of absorbing warmth Frost went on a rampage.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities
  • N/A
Benefits
  • N/A
Weaknesses
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 08:16 PM. Reason: png
Old May 17th, 2014, 10:19 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Killer Frost - Design Phase

NAME = KILLER FROST
SECRET IDENTITY = CRYSTAL FROST

SPECIES =METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PSYCHOPATH
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 230

CRYOKINESIS
Start the game with 3 white Frost Markers on this card. Add 1 to Killer Frost's Move, Attack, and Defense numbers for each Frost Marker on this card. At the end of any player's turn where Killer Frost moved onto a molten lava or lava field space or received at least 1 wound from a normal attack by a figure with the Lava Resistant special power, replace 1 Frost Marker on this card. A maximum of 3 Frost Markers can be on this card.

FROSTY KISS
Instead of attacking with Killer Frost, you may remove one Frost Marker from this card and choose an adjacent figure. The chosen figure receives one wound. During the next turn of the player controlling the chosen figure, the chosen figure cannot move, attack or use any special powers on an Army Card or glyph. Frosty Kiss can only be used once per round.

LAVA RESISTANT
Killer Frost never rolls for molten lava damage or lava field damage and does not have to stop in molten lava spaces.

Last edited by A3n; December 1st, 2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old May 17th, 2014, 10:19 PM

Last edited by A3n; May 18th, 2014 at 12:04 AM.
Old May 17th, 2014, 10:30 PM

I am still kinda only doing 1 design at a time but I thought I would get this started while Bats finds the time to progress the Starro playtests.

This is by no means a hurry up Bats. This is just me just wanting to join in a bit more with designing. Please Bats still do the Starro initial at your leisure no pressure at all here.
Old May 17th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No worries! I'm going to get to those tests eventually for sure ....

Everything in the SP looks good. My only concerns are with this one:

CRYOKINESIS
If Killer Frost moved over molten lava or lava field or she received a wound from a figure with the Lava Resistant power on it's card, replace 1 blue Ice Marker on this card up to a maximum of 3 Ice Markers.

I'm a bit worried this is rife for abuse with teaming her with another figure that has Lava Resistant. Also, there could be some argument that she's causing wounds to herself in certain situations, thus allowing her to recharge herself. We could restrict things to a normal attack, but I think it's probably even better to just restrict things to enemy figures.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 17th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

She'll be super niche if she hinges on either lava maps or going up against Lava Resistant figures. She's pretty niche either way, honestly - I agree with limiting it to a normal attack, but I think the fact she needs to take a wound is limit enough.

Not sure if we want to use Scientist here... seems fine to me otherwise though.
Old May 17th, 2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Everything in the SP looks good. My only concerns are with this one:

CRYOKINESIS
If Killer Frost moved over molten lava or lava field or she received a wound from a figure with the Lava Resistant power on it's card, replace 1 blue Ice Marker on this card up to a maximum of 3 Ice Markers.

I'm a bit worried this is rife for abuse with teaming her with another figure that has Lava Resistant. Also, there could be some argument that she's causing wounds to herself in certain situations, thus allowing her to recharge herself. We could restrict things to a normal attack, but I think it's probably even better to just restrict things to enemy figures.
I did intend for her to be used (abused) that way, as she takes a wound to get back 1 Ice Marker that she get to inflict 1 wound with. I thought it would all balance out, because you'd have to waste a turn to attack her & risk wounding her more than 1. I thought the risk/reward was there if you wanted to attack your own figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
What else would fit? She is a scientist, but the synergies that offer, I agree, are a bit quirky but that is the game of HS. She is kind of a criminal but I think the synergies there are too numerous already.
Old May 18th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Researcher, maybe? We've done "scientist but not" classes like that before. She's always struck me as a "super obsessive fixation on the hero" type of character, so Psychopath or Antagonist could work, too.
Old May 18th, 2014, 02:28 AM

I'd be ok with Psychopath.
Old May 18th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
She'll be super niche if she hinges on either lava maps or going up against Lava Resistant figures. She's pretty niche either way, honestly - I agree with limiting it to a normal attack, but I think the fact she needs to take a wound is limit enough.
Eh, she'll start with 7/5/6/6 stats and at least three auto wounds+turn negations. I wouldn't worry about her being too niche as I would about her being too strong.

I'm fine with her being able to charge from friendly figures, but I worry that playing her with the Fire Demons will allow her to charge too easily. It will definitely have to be tested carefully.

Wording suggestion:

FROST BITE
Instead of attacking, you may remove one blue Ice Marker from this card and choose an adjacent figure. Until the next time you reveal an Order Marker, the chosen figure cannot move, attack or use any special powers. Place one Wound Marker on the chosen figure.

The only downside there is that if you place a marker on the last turn of the round and win initiative the next, it doesn't negate a turn. I feel like it reads much cleaner though.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 18th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I could see lowering her Attack and Defense numbers by one each to help keep her power levels more reasonable.

I'm fine with her own teammates recharging her, but not with mechanical confusion. Make it a wound from a normal attack and we're good.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 18th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
What else would fit? She is a scientist, but the synergies that offer, I agree, are a bit quirky but that is the game of HS. She is kind of a criminal but I think the synergies there are too numerous already.
I think she was only studying to be a scientist when she became Killer Frost. Student would work.

Also, why does Cold Strength add to Move? And shouldn't it add to Range?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library